Login

russian armor

CoH3 will be MODERN WARFARE ??????

PAGES (11)down
23 Apr 2020, 23:32 PM

Stick to WW2 exactly the same time period Europe 1944 but with the pacific as well , so the Japanese along with some pacific style maps.
24 Apr 2020, 00:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Possibly, but also possibly not, if the rest of the game is interesting/strong enough. In any event, going up to 'The Tunisia Campaign' would allow for Tigers and Shermans.

As for BF5, people don't like it because it's just a bad game; missing content, full of bugs, poorly balanced, and an incredibly inconsistent adherence to theme.

It was a combination of both. Since day 1, people were asking why not iconic battles and they were assure they would come as it would be a "live" service game going progressively through the war. Look at what happens when they pull the plug.
24 Apr 2020, 02:21 AM

It was a combination of both. Since day 1, people were asking why not iconic battles and they were assure they would come as it would be a "live" service game going progressively through the war. Look at what happens when they pull the plug.

And now they have pulled the plug on it. Shame because I would have loved the game had it actually been as engaging as previous battlefield titles. A modern return to WWII with all the features and mechanics of a modern game should have been a home run...
24 Apr 2020, 03:14 AM

If you do all that, i give you max. 2 days before the first for WHERE ARE THE TIGERS AND SHERMANS cries start.

btw Battlefield is a shooter.

btw. BF 5 gets puddinged on because it has no "iconic" ww2 battles

No, BF5 turned out to be a pudding because the game is bad, it has boring gameplay, minimal badly made content. A ton of ridiculous content because of which the main multiplayer suffered: - Co-op - the worst in the series, training ground, dead born battle royale, canceled 5x5 mode. And for all these unnecessary mods DICE spent a year.
24 Apr 2020, 10:55 AM

If you do all that, i give you max. 2 days before the first for WHERE ARE THE TIGERS AND SHERMANS cries start.

btw Battlefield is a shooter.

btw. BF 5 gets puddinged on

Only 15 year old trumptards obsessed with CoD and think Fury was real history will get angry about that.

Blitzkrieg, codename panzers, men of war all have had early war settings or north Africa campaigns. Blitzkrieg is still held up as a classic as it even had forgotten campaigns like the winter war or invasion of Poland. Sniper elite recently tackled an Italian storyline and sold well, I certainly enjoyed it.

Any true historical gamer with US or Wehrmacht interest would rather have lesser known theatres like Africa or Italy, than Normandy with Shermans vs tigers recycled over again.
24 Apr 2020, 12:26 PM

Only 15 year old trumptards obsessed with CoD and think Fury was real history will get angry about that.

Blitzkrieg, codename panzers, men of war all have had early war settings or north Africa campaigns. Blitzkrieg is still held up as a classic as it even had forgotten campaigns like the winter war or invasion of Poland. Sniper elite recently tackled an Italian storyline and sold well, I certainly enjoyed it.

Any true historical gamer with US or Wehrmacht interest would rather have lesser known theatres like Africa or Italy, than Normandy with Shermans vs tigers recycled over again.

and how many are these "true historical gamers"?

5% ?
24 Apr 2020, 13:06 PM

5% ?

CoH isn't exactly one either you know....
44 ostwinds ever made.
Stock unit.

1943-44 mp time frame - soviets still use early war conscripts.
etc.

Games are supposed to be immersive, NOT historical.
You don't need MUH TEEGURRRR to be immersed and if you do, you're not intended target playerbase.
24 Apr 2020, 14:49 PM

5% ?

Well judging on CoH2 sales with only early war eastern front, also considering the game was trash on release and a broken mess. CoH2 sold 2m units despite that in a year. Now it's around the 5m mark with brits and other facitons added.

if CoH3 is actually good you could expect 3m+ at least, even more long term. That would easily be SEGAs biggest money maker along with Total war.

24 Apr 2020, 14:50 PM

Plenty of WW2 games have gone to North Africa, Italy, some early eastern front and Pacific.

There more to WW2 than D-day/Bulge/1944-45 EF
1940-1942 north africa allows for some pretty diverse equipment too.
24 Apr 2020, 16:36 PM

Well judging on CoH2 sales with only early war eastern front, also considering the game was trash on release and a broken mess. CoH2 sold 2m units despite that in a year. Now it's around the 5m mark with brits and other facitons added.

if CoH3 is actually good you could expect 3m+ at least, even more long term. That would easily be SEGAs biggest money maker along with Total war.

This, exactly. Quality is far more important than almost every other aspect of the game (possibly combined). Regardless of what they end up doing (if CoH3 ever becomes a reality), I hope they spend a LONG time in a semi-open beta stage; CoH3 at release should be better than CoH2 is now in every way - not a step back in many ways like CoH1 -> CoH2 was.
26 Apr 2020, 07:08 AM

:hijack:
26 Apr 2020, 07:53 AM

Whatever they do
Please oh please
Separately balance the different team games and 1v1s by tuning the stats of units to suit each mode best. So there will never again be the x is UP in 1v1 but OP in 4v4 so we can't do shit and vice versa.
26 Apr 2020, 14:38 PM

I also really want CoH3 to add more game modes. And one of the very interesting modes can be borrowed from World in Conflict: Assault - can allow reconstructing historical battles when one country attacked and another defended.
26 Apr 2020, 23:40 PM

Modern warfare 1990-present seems really boring/uninteresting

NATO/Warsaw Pact era 1950-1975 would be very cool and original and there are not many games deal with that setting.

COD Black Ops made great use of this period, there is Vietnam, but there is so much history beyond that in this era that is largely untapped by game developers, the potential is vast.

Proxy Wars, lesser known stuff in the middle east, etc.

There is a massive issue regarding how PC correct all media has become in the past 15 years, and I'm sure relic will not want to offend potential customers, we live in an era where Nazis are the only accepted villians/opposition in games.
28 Apr 2020, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2020, 23:40 PMReverb
Modern warfare 1990-present seems really boring/uninteresting

NATO/Warsaw Pact era 1950-1975 would be very cool and original and there are not many games deal with that setting.

COD Black Ops made great use of this period, there is Vietnam, but there is so much history beyond that in this era that is largely untapped by game developers, the potential is vast.

Proxy Wars, lesser known stuff in the middle east, etc.

There is a massive issue regarding how PC correct all media has become in the past 15 years, and I'm sure relic will not want to offend potential customers, we live in an era where Nazis are the only accepted villians/opposition in games.

I would like to see a nato/Warsaw Era coh3.
You could recycle some weapons from coh2.
The play style would be similiar to ww2 setting.
And you could make the 2 factions (Nato and Warsaw pact) and could add different commanders as different countries (west Germany for example with the mg42 now called mg3 and Infantery based) . And so on...
10 Sep 2020, 19:32 PM

While we would miss out on things like Heavy Tanks, it could still work. For example the Stryker Dragoon and Stryker Mobile Gun System could have a dynamic role like the Luchs and Puma in CoH2. Light tanks in general could be replaced by various Armored Cars and Infantry Fighting Vehicles.

Going with a Cold War setting would be dynamic, the Cold War as as much a jumble of technology as WW2 was. You could have a period where the US Engineers use M3 Grease Guns, the US GI use M16A2's, and Assault Infantry use CAR-15's. Or if you go earlier the GI's could use M14's and have M16's upgradable, or used by Assault Infantry.

Well until recently the US Military used mostly M16A2's, M16A4's, and M4's, all semi and burst fire. I suppose that'd make them the long range faction infantry, and then whatever Kalashnikov using adversary is the enemy would be the close range faction infantry.

I suppose it would work with ATGM Teams like the BGM-71 TOW or 9M133 Kornet, they would have to deploy like machine guns instead of being wheeled though.

Such as the Panzer III!! :rofl:
10 Sep 2020, 19:35 PM

I hope this is a joke or only a wish :)
coh3 need to be in the WW2 setting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pazific would be great ( island War )
or North Africa !!
Includig Europe with much better grafic would be also Great !
I have not much intresst in any mordern warfire Game. Same as in BF - if BF 6 is mordern Warfire , i will never buy it.
Too many games only make mordern Warfire - but this is just my Mind.
10 Sep 2020, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2020, 19:35 PMOrklord
I hope this is a joke or only a wish :)
coh3 need to be in the WW2 setting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pazific would be great ( island War )
or North Africa !!
Includig Europe with much better grafic would be also Great !
I have not much intresst in any mordern warfire Game. Same as in BF - if BF 6 is mordern Warfire , i will never buy it.
Too many games only make mordern Warfire - but this is just my Mind.

nice necro but I agree
11 Sep 2020, 03:15 AM

well that'll be bad. Since US would be quite op then. Just imagine 6 man basic infantry with with the best dps at all ranges. Non doc tanks that are basically Tigers and you can have more than 1 of them. NUKES!!!
11 Sep 2020, 03:21 AM

I don't think a modern setting fits CoH - too many high tech high range weapon systems (like ATGMs) and focus on merging combat roles like the Main Battle Tank or stuffing all sorts of heavy weapons on recon/infantry fighting vehicles (like Bradley or BMP). Or all infantry having standardized assault rifle + LMG loadouts.

Something early Cold War (the end of the 'mechanical' warfare era) would be pretty interesting though. Basically 1950s-1960s with Pattons and T-54s and with light tanks like the M41 still in service could basically be a reskinned CoH/CoH2. The same mechanics and core but in a new and unique setting.

I mean Bradley could be like the T70 with tulip ability, BMP's will be more like Luches or something. All infantry having AR's is not gonna be that much of an issue. I would say balancing the m1a1 Abram Tanks is gonna be the real issue.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS