Login

russian armor

Storm trooper rework is awful

8 May 2019, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2019, 16:38 PMVipper
Imo all cloaked infatry should only have access to DOT grenades to allow reaction time...

I agree with the sentiment, but it'd be very difficult to implement considering Ambush Camouflague is a thing.
8 May 2019, 22:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2019, 22:34 PMLago

I agree with the sentiment, but it'd be very difficult to implement considering Ambush Camouflague is a thing.

What is difficult?

Its a straight forward change to all unit with camo get DOT grenades instead of HE.
8 May 2019, 22:42 PM

Does anyone feel like getting STG package option back for Stormtroopers? Cuz I would like that as another option.
8 May 2019, 22:44 PM

Does anyone feel like getting STG package option back for Stormtroopers? Cuz I would like that as another option.

They were just redesigned into very specific role, that role won't change, stop spamming for stgs, they are not getting them back, you have buffed PGs for that.
9 May 2019, 01:06 AM

They are wiping machines if used properly. They wipe 6 men squads quite easily if the opponent is not fast enough. Use the camo in cover to your advantage and wipe squads. I wish they had a strong nade like the commandos, the flame nade is not exactly useful for their role.
9 May 2019, 01:48 AM

Stormtroopers are the only truly great infantry Ostheer has. They melt every other unit popping out of camo with the accuracy bonus activated. Their rework makes them a fantastic unit. Before they were basically just another pgren unit that could pop out of buildings.
9 May 2019, 12:24 PM

How about providing also the option for long and medium range. G43 upgrade option, NOT THE OKW VERSION, Wehrmacht version. SMG are ok but they are not adaptable in many situations. This would be nice at least.

I just want to have a weapon that I can choose for longer combat ranges. STG was a favourite for this class but seeing that it will no longer be thing anymore. I just they would add instead G43. For all 4 of them costing 80 ammo.
9 May 2019, 12:27 PM

Stormtroopers used to be infiltrating Grens you could upgrade into PGrens for 100 MU, and they cost more than both.
9 May 2019, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2019, 12:27 PMLago
Stormtroopers used to be infiltrating Grens you could upgrade into PGrens for 100 MU, and they cost more than both.

I remember. I do not think it would hurt at all if the devs placed back the option to have also STG package for those who feel like having it. Removal of it was done to create some kind of diversity. Well, they took the option away making it seem now less diverse.

It would make more sense for the "sake of diversity" if there was either MP40 or STG instead of one choice only.

If you take USF paratroopers. They have 2 weapon choices. That is great. Imagine now if they had Thomspons only as a choice. Guess that would make people upset!
9 May 2019, 12:51 PM

I remember. I do not think it would hurt at all if the devs placed back the option to have also STG package for those who feel like having it. Removal of it was done to create some kind of diversity. Well, they took the option away making it seem now less diverse.

It would make more sense for the "sake of diversity" if there was either MP40 or STG instead of one choice only.

If you take USF paratroopers. They have 2 weapon choices. That is great. Imagine now if they had Thomspons only as a choice. Guess that would make people upset!

Paratroopers get a choice between powerful long-range weapons and powerful short-range weapons in a faction that has mid-range mainline infantry.

If you want STG Stormtroopers, pick Storm Doctrine or Jaeger Infantry Doctrine and stuck Ambush Camouflague on Panzergrenadiers. It's pretty much the same thing.
9 May 2019, 13:57 PM

So what is the use of having Stormtroopers as a doctrine unit then?

It seems just a different version of Panzergrenadiers, that is all it currently seems.

The reason why it would suit Stormtroopers very well with STG upgrade is the combination with "Tactical Advance". Create more aggressive type of unit.

Now with MP40 is simply a joke that ability. It is a suicide button unless you use it within 10m. Otherwise you will lose definitely.
9 May 2019, 18:01 PM

Maybe they should change the name from Stormtroopers, because they're not supposed to 'storm' anything, they're ambush troops. Pop their ability and they destroy whatever's infront of them sort of elite assault troops.
9 May 2019, 18:19 PM

I think 5 men Stormtroopers would make sense if they are "Special Elite Unit" which they are not. Giving them 5 man would help them be able to sustain fire. They are pretty bad now overall. I never use it. Before I did the one with STG, now like never. It has been nerfed this guy and there is nothing unique about it.

Volks in comparison does better overall. I have a great idea. Replace it with Volksgrenadiers but give them camouflage, name them "Stormtroopers". Wait, I got another idea, Pzgrens with Camo, they are the old retired "Stormtroopers". R.E.D , Retired Extremely Dangerous, became nerfed lol. I miss the previous version.

What so special about the current Stormtroopers? The other 2 fits the role better.
9 May 2019, 20:10 PM

Ambush tactics is not the same as spec ops tactics. What im hearing a lot in this thread is missunderstanding stormtroopers as spec ops, Sadly they are not.
They fullfill an objective, not murder tons of people. They are in doctrines that need an objective. If you want elite inf, borrow some obers from OKW. I have no middle term in this discussion. Pgrens are going to be the new elite for OST, no 'elite' stormtroopers needed.

Added: Whant a pesky katyusha down? stormtroopers get the job. Want to bring down a cache? Again. Want to get a sneaky retreat wipe, maybe stormtroopers get them on the retreat. They are part of a bigger plan, not he plan itself
10 May 2019, 19:52 PM

Add G43 for Stormtroopers as an option. I do not like being forced to use "close range" as the only option.

At least G43 would make it alternative for those who want longer range. Nothing OP like STG and yet still something different.
10 May 2019, 20:14 PM

Add G43 for Stormtroopers as an option. I do not like being forced to use "close range" as the only option.

At least G43 would make it alternative for those who want longer range. Nothing OP like STG and yet still something different.

Stop spamming this already.
It isn't happening and you were made aware of it by modders themselves, inlcuding the reasons.
You also are asking for panzergrenadiers - ost already has panzergrenadiers as stock unit, if you want camo on them, you can have it.
10 May 2019, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2019, 22:37 PMVipper

What is difficult?

Its a straight forward change to all unit with camo get DOT grenades instead of HE.

+1

But we already have pgrens that are nondoctrinal, cost less, and have the option of 2 pschrecks and bundled nades. Old stormtroopers were just weaker pgrens wit tactical assault. New stormtroopers are actually useful but giving them stgs wouldn't fit their intended role and would probably be OP since they have good camo and tactical assault now (stgs have a lot more range than mp40s so it'd be easier to wipe retreating units; there's a reason commando stens and storm mp40s do like 0 damage beyond point blank range).

They're designed as a close range ambush unit. If you don't want to use that, don't make stormtroopers. Make grens or pgrens with ambush camo. Ost is the only faction that gets doctrinal ambush camo for like all their infantry so you should take advantage of it if that's your concern.
10 May 2019, 20:26 PM

Then don't build close range units.
10 May 2019, 20:27 PM

Do you even play game? They already have that upgrade, just pick right doctrine.
10 May 2019, 21:44 PM

Also, stormtrooper hotkeys are still conflicted.

F is both flamenade and tactical assault.

D is both smoke nade and vehicle detection.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★