Login

russian armor

Comet tank has been too nerfed.

20 Apr 2019, 04:33 AM

It was too OP, now comet needs to be berfed...

https://youtu.be/eYSFZPnyj7k

as you can watch this video, comet has 2.5 AOE but has less anti infantry performance then panther due to cannon scatter is 6.4. more important thing is comet has now vet bonus about reload speed. it has only accuracy 30% bonus at vet 2. I think developer intentionally limited its anti tank performance so it can focus anti infantry duty and support firefly's anti tank mission.

early design of comet was too op so it could do anti tank and anti infantry so well but continuing nerf mad it inappropriate with both of it.

my suggestion is this, comet 7.7mm gun scatter adjust 6.4 to 5.4~5.8 PZIV has 5.54, so it would be balanced when we consider its fuel price.and 20% reload bonus at vet 3.
ddd
20 Apr 2019, 05:15 AM

Comet sucks and its price is a big joke. Nobody can say that comet is worth the same 185 fuel as panther. But i dont think comet needs better anti inf capabilities. UKF already has centaur, cromwell and chuchill for anti inf duty and only firefly for anti tank without doctrines. Since brits are copy of ostheer already i think comet should become more like a panther with anti tank purpose in mind.
20 Apr 2019, 05:33 AM

Comet already serves to synergies with the firefly. The firefly is tuned for heavy armour and high health pools but suffers at the hands of mediums due to its speed. The comet kicks medium ass. It's last round of nerfs was to make it so it WASN'T a panther analog and instead its own thing. Revisited vet would be a good place to start. It's not a panther it's a t34/85

OP has the right idea though.
20 Apr 2019, 06:27 AM

how about add top mounted MG in hammer tactics?

it will be good for Comet too

Comet's main gun anti-infantry accuracy is ridiculous

He is more like an excavator than a tank

ddd
20 Apr 2019, 06:32 AM

Comet already serves to synergies with the firefly. The firefly is tuned for heavy armour and high health pools but suffers at the hands of mediums due to its speed. The comet kicks medium ass. It's last round of nerfs was to make it so it WASN'T a panther analog and instead its own thing. Revisited vet would be a good place to start. It's not a panther it's a t34/85

Comet doesnt kick any ass, its ass itself. Its worse vs tanks and infantry than panther while costing the same.

Last round of nerfs was to make it not batshit OP because back then it was better than panther in everything (guys behind balance going from extreme to extreme here).

Its not a t34/85, its a panther. I dont know how blinded you have to be to not see that. Same cost and being placed behind 50 fuel upgrade (similar to ostheer) is very clear sign.
20 Apr 2019, 08:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 06:32 AMddd

Comet doesnt kick any ass, its ass itself. Its worse vs tanks and infantry than panther while costing the same.

nerf panther AI!!
ddd
20 Apr 2019, 08:38 AM

nerf panther AI!!

Nah, i have better idea. Remove comet MGs. Every one of them!
20 Apr 2019, 10:41 AM

The problem with the Comet is that not only it was nerfed, but that the nerf was multi-faceted
In it's original form, Comet was powerful on its own, and borderline broken when massed, so? it had both its performance nerfed, and popcap increased, so now you end up with a vehicle that's isn't impactful enough to justify it's cost if you only get 1 of them, nor is it viable to mass it due to it's price and high popcap (unlike, say P4, or Panther in team games). Anyway, it's not all that useful, because Churchill can bully mediums as well, and it has much better synergy with firefly anyway due to its health.
Comet is a tank with high cost, high popcap, 50f side-tech, cromwell level AI (so, worse than average) and ok-ish AT, but not much more than churchill (as in, still can't realiably fight panthers, and deals with mediums slightly better). Its in a really weird spot of being "the most premium of mediums" and it suffers for it.

Less than mediocre vet doesn't help either, that definitely needs to be looked at, regardless of any other changes.

I'd say the formula for Comet needs to change
Either we make it closer to other "generalist-premiums" by lowering it's armor to 210/220, range to 40, pen to 160-140, buffing its AI to a decent level, and lowering the price and popcap accordingly to make it possible to mass (34/85, Sherman E8 sort of thing)

Or we turn it into Panther-style AT-brawler: decent health, armor, 50 range, more pen etc. then we nerf it's AI and call it a day. Tank destroyer than relies on diving and getting closer rather than sniping from 60 range

OR, we buff it, turn it into a mini-pershing (or Tiger, whatever), buff it's AI, 50 range, more pen and whatnot, increase the price to 200f and limit to 1 on the field, so you can't spam them.

Make it so its impactful enough when it's alone, or viable to have multiples of, because right now its neither.

20 Apr 2019, 10:43 AM

Try this on cover, not on open field , im quite sure this is the 5th thread like this, if u search older one u will see some video of the performance vs cover, where the panther has almost 0 dps cause it relies on accuracy while the comet does not care as it's a projectile
20 Apr 2019, 11:08 AM

i still have nightmares of 4 comets rushing through your lines with every Raketen, p4 and pak shot bouncing
20 Apr 2019, 13:01 PM

Comet needs a buff no doubt. Now its just a very bad version of a panther.

I would also argue that the cromwell needs a bit of love too. Currently its the worst of all the generalist tanks (p4s, sherman, t34) being inferior to p4s in both AI and AT. Being that its a cruiser tank it would be expected of it to be faster to have a chance to outplay the slightly more expensive p4 by doing a risky flank. But afaik it is the same speed as p4 and gets outpaced when vet 1 blitz sets in. Giving crom +15-20% speed would make it seem like they are in the same league.
20 Apr 2019, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 13:01 PMPereat
Comet needs a buff no doubt. Now its just a very bad version of a panther.

I would also argue that the cromwell needs a bit of love too. Currently its the worst of all the generalist tanks (p4s, sherman, t34) being inferior to p4s in both AI and AT. Being that its a cruiser tank it would be expected of it to be faster to have a chance to outplay the slightly more expensive p4 by doing a risky flank. But afaik it is the same speed as p4 and gets outpaced when vet 1 blitz sets in. Giving crom +15-20% speed would make it seem like they are in the same league.
hello i would like to order bullshit with some more bullshit and put some misinformation on it please
cromwell_mk4_75mm_mp Target size: 22 Sight: 35 Speed: 7 Accel: 2.6 Rotate: 32 Armor: 160/80 Health: 640
panzer_iv_sdkfz_161_mp Target size: 22 Sight: 35 Speed: 6.3 Accel: 2.1 Rotate: 32 Armor: 180/90 Health: 640
both have acces to speed boost one with vet the other with tech
pen of the cromwell is 120 at mid while p4 is 115
cromwell has less chance to one shoot squad but better damage in the outer radius of the shoot (8 vs 32), to put it better p4 relies on luck and perfect hit to deal damage cromwell can miss and still deal damage

btw here is a kubel speed so u understand how fast is the cromwell
kubelwagen_type_82_mp Target size: 14 Sight: 50 Speed: 7 Accel: 4.5 Rotate: 40 Armor: 3/1.9 Health: 240
20 Apr 2019, 13:32 PM

If the Comet were 500 MP 185 FU, it might just be fine.

But it's not. It's behind Hammer. That makes it effectively 700 MP 225 FU for one Comet. That's Tiger price territory.

That's two Cromwells or a Cromwell and a Centaur or not far off a Centaur and a Firefly.

Is a Comet ever the best option there?
20 Apr 2019, 13:34 PM

hello i would like to order bullshit with some more bullshit and put some misinformation on it please
cromwell_mk4_75mm_mp Target size: 22 Sight: 35 Speed: 7 Accel: 2.6 Rotate: 32 Armor: 160/80 Health: 640
panzer_iv_sdkfz_161_mp Target size: 22 Sight: 35 Speed: 6.3 Accel: 2.1 Rotate: 32 Armor: 180/90 Health: 640
both have acces to speed boost one with vet the other with tech
pen of the cromwell is 120 at mid while p4 is 115
cromwell has less chance to one shoot squad but better damage in the outer radius of the shoot (8 vs 32), to put it better p4 relies on luck and perfect hit to deal damage cromwell can miss and still deal damage

btw here is a kubel speed so u understand how fast is the cromwell
kubelwagen_type_82_mp Target size: 14 Sight: 50 Speed: 7 Accel: 4.5 Rotate: 40 Armor: 3/1.9 Health: 240

Cool, thank you for correcting that. Although p4 can have an AI gunner that should be put into the equation somehow and the crom speed boost is locked behind a dead tech due to the comet being UP as per this thread.
I'm not familiar with the pen calculations in this game. How does 120 pen vs 180 armor compare to 115 pen vs 160 armor?
20 Apr 2019, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 13:34 PMPereat

Cool, thank you for correcting that. Although p4 can have an AI gunner that should be put into the equation somehow and the crom speed boost is locked behind a dead tech due to the comet being UP as per this thread.
I'm not familiar with the pen calculations in this game. How does 120 pen vs 180 armor compares to 115 pen vs 160 armor?
put on the equation the bonus accuracy from cromwell and u get better AT while p4 gets better AI

comet is not dead, it's a respectable tank, it only has bad vet

both have around 70% chance to pen each other, but we are talking about AT capabilities not only p4 vs cromwell, and the cromwell has better pen mid and close range but a sightly higher reload

20 Apr 2019, 13:58 PM

put on the equation the bonus accuracy from cromwell and u get better AT while p4 gets better AI

comet is not dead, it's a respectable tank, it only has bad vet

both have around 70% chance to pen each other, but we are talking about AT capabilities not only p4 vs cromwell, and the cromwell has better pen mid and close range but a sightly higher reload

Not to hijack the thread for crom vs p4 discussion but since you agree that p4 has better AI, would you honestly choose the crom for a 1v1 vs a p4? My experience would say that the p4 wins more than not and this vid would suggest the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPVE2Yi-MCE .The extra pen means nothing as its a relative thing. Croms biggest and most likely opponent is p4 and the extra 5 pen doesn't really change anything when facing armored cars or tigers while a faster reload time in a tank duel can have a undeniable impact. All in all I agree I was wrong about the speed of the vehicles but it seems that you are bending the narrative about the tank balance a bit.
20 Apr 2019, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 13:34 PMPereat
I'm not familiar with the pen calculations in this game. How does 120 pen vs 180 armor compare to 115 pen vs 160 armor?

Penetration / Armour = Chance of penetrating

120 / 180 = 67% chance to penetrate

115 / 160 = 72% chance to penetrate
20 Apr 2019, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 13:58 PMPereat

Not to hijack the thread for crom vs p4 discussion but since you agree that p4 has better AI, would you honestly choose the crom for a 1v1 vs a p4? My experience would say that the p4 wins more than not and this vid would suggest the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPVE2Yi-MCE .The extra pen means nothing as its a relative thing. Croms biggest and most likely opponent is p4 and the extra 5 pen doesn't really change anything when facing armored cars or tigers while a faster reload time in a tank duel can have a undeniable impact. All in all I agree I was wrong about the speed of the vehicles but it seems that you are bending the narrative about the tank balance a bit.
guess which tank cost more (tech and upgrade too) ? and as i said depends what u are looking for as AI, do u eant lucky 1 shoot hit ? get p4. do u want consistent damage and ability to easily crush ? get cromwell
20 Apr 2019, 16:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 10:41 AMMusti

The problem with the Comet is that not only it was nerfed, but that the nerf was multi-faceted
In it's original form, Comet was powerful on its own, and borderline broken when massed, so? it had both its performance nerfed, and popcap increased, so now you end up with a vehicle that's isn't impactful enough to justify it's cost if you only get 1 of them, nor is it viable to mass it due to it's price and high popcap (unlike, say P4, or Panther in team games). Anyway, it's not all that useful, because Churchill can bully mediums as well, and it has much better synergy with firefly anyway due to its health.
Comet is a tank with high cost, high popcap, 50f side-tech, cromwell level AI (so, worse than average) and ok-ish AT, but not much more than churchill (as in, still can't realiably fight panthers, and deals with mediums slightly better). Its in a really weird spot of being "the most premium of mediums" and it suffers for it.

Less than mediocre vet doesn't help either, that definitely needs to be looked at, regardless of any other changes.

I'd say the formula for Comet needs to change
Either we make it closer to other "generalist-premiums" by lowering it's armor to 210/220, range to 40, pen to 160-140, buffing its AI to a decent level, and lowering the price and popcap accordingly to make it possible to mass (34/85, Sherman E8 sort of thing)

Or we turn it into Panther-style AT-brawler: decent health, armor, 50 range, more pen etc. then we nerf it's AI and call it a day. Tank destroyer than relies on diving and getting closer rather than sniping from 60 range

OR, we buff it, turn it into a mini-pershing (or Tiger, whatever), buff it's AI, 50 range, more pen and whatnot, increase the price to 200f and limit to 1 on the field, so you can't spam them.

Make it so its impactful enough when it's alone, or viable to have multiples of, because right now its neither.

Since British do not have a Heavy tank, Comet would fit that role fine if it was limited to 1 and adjusted to be like a Pershing.
20 Apr 2019, 18:08 PM

Should someone tell Kurobane about all the churchills?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★