Login

russian armor

Comet tank has been too nerfed.

3 May 2019, 19:15 PM

I already posted my opinion above, it’s just false saying the Cromwell or the comet are bad in ai, again it’s just a scaled down tiger

For the cost? Comet is pretty damn bad at AI, being a generalist.
Imagine panther penetration tops at 200, that's the level of underperforming that comet is at.
Inb4 sneks barge in, screaming "grenades", yeah, at vet3 and range 15 - you know what's also at that range? Faust.

Accuracy does nothing vs infantry and lack of reload pretty much crosses out scaling.
Comets vet is so damn bad its not even funny.
3 May 2019, 19:52 PM

Yes, thank you, it can crush infantry better, incredibly useful.

I've paid 200 manpower + 50 fuel to unlock Hammer, then 500 manpower + 185 fuel for a tank that has less AI than a P4 (same aoe/scatter, similar hull mg's, but no pintle mg and +0,7s rof) that still gets clubbered by a Panther (-160 HP, -50 pen, +0,8s rof, -5 range, for slightly more armor and speed).

Now we can either buff the AT of the Comet and create unstoppable Comet/Firefly combo's or we can buff it's AI as befits an expensive general purpose tank with worse AT than a Panther. Most would agree something has to be done.

I don't mean to alarm you but the panther is supposed to beat the comet. Just so you know when you are making your comparison. Actually the comet was nerfed SPECIFICALLY because it was beating the panther (which it's not supposed to do)
Also your hammer teching also provides buffs to other units it's not a straight single purpose teching choice like conscript upgrades or brit nades/bofors/AEC that only unlock a single thing. Hammer also grants tracking that makes all your armour better, blitz which makes all your armour better and gammons which are in dire need of a buff (into multipurpose satchels would be ideal I think) or possibly even changed outright into smoke grenades or something.
All that comes with hammer needs to be accounted for in the tech.
3 May 2019, 19:56 PM

No, as the Comet is supposed to be the opposite of the Churchill and act as a mobile tank versus the slow meatshield.

Things to address:

Veterancy: The unit needs some form of offensive veterancy to help it engage targets later on. Few, if any other vehicles have 0 bonuses to either reload, or penetration. While the Comet does get accuracy, its firepower for the most part is the same from stock to veterancy 3.

One might count on the auto-grenades as a substitute, but then you're getting in close and it doesn't help vs most vehicles that the Comet will engage.

Moving Accuracy: With the current state, I don't think returning its 0.75 moving accuracy would be terrible to emphasize its status as a mobile tank as that's its whole point.

What if it fired “special rounds” that did more damage to rear armour? You’d promote mobile gameplay and flanking, without the buffs that would make it op.

There’s already something similar with the KV1 received damage modifier.
3 May 2019, 19:57 PM

I don't mean to alarm you but the panther is supposed to beat the comet. Just so you know when you are making your comparison. Actually the comet was nerfed SPECIFICALLY because it was beating the panther (which it's not supposed to do)
Also your hammer teching also provides buffs to other units it's not a straight single purpose teching choice like conscript upgrades or brit nades/bofors/AEC that only unlock a single thing. Hammer also grants tracking that makes all your armour better, blitz which makes all your armour better and gammons which are in dire need of a buff (into multipurpose satchels would be ideal I think) or possibly even changed outright into smoke grenades or something.
All that comes with hammer needs to be accounted for in the tech.

You didn't get my point. It has worse AT than a Panther, but no AI to make up for it. I clearly requested buffing it's AI instead of AT in both my posts (read Comet/Firefly bit in my last alinea).

If OP's video is to be believed, even a pintled Panther outperforms it in AI, altough I know Pintle vs cannon comparisons are pretty RNG based.

Hammer providing other bonusses: fair enough, but without it I can't get to my overpriced Comet.
3 May 2019, 20:08 PM

You didn't get my point. It has worse AT than a Panther, but no AI to make up for it. I clearly requested buffing it's AI instead of AT in both my posts (read Comet/Firefly bit in my last alinea).

If OP's video is to be believed, even a pintled Panther outperforms it in AI, altough I know Pintle vs cannon comparisons are pretty RNG based.

Hammer providing other bonusses: fair enough, but without it I can't get to my overpriced Comet.

If memory serves, on stats alone, it's got the anti-infantry performance of a Cromwell. Same MGs, same AoE profile on the main gun.
3 May 2019, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 May 2019, 20:08 PMLago

If memory serves, on stats alone, it's got the anti-infantry performance of a Cromwell. Same MGs, same AoE profile on the main gun.

That is correct. Slower reload tho.
4 May 2019, 02:12 AM

Its got better smoke abilities than the panther though. Better grenades thrown through the hatches type abilities too. Also while tracking effects all vehicles its quite literally impossible to have a comet without it, so it's ability to track enemy armour into the fog of war is also superior.

While I do think the comet needs some small things you can't simply compare something hard like stats without accounting for soft things that improve the units battlefield presence like abilities. Tracking on its own isn't too flashy, but when combined with something like an AT gun or FF it can mean getting an extra hit in.
And the smoke is self explanatory. WP more so.
The nades are a wee bit trickier but still there I guess...
4 May 2019, 21:53 PM

Permanently Banned
Better AOE and some sort of reload bonus at vet 2. Call it a day. Brits don't need more AT, I'm sure most would rather have AI right now.
4 May 2019, 21:56 PM

Better AOE and some sort of reload bonus at vet 2. Call it a day. Brits don't need more AT, I'm sure most would rather have AI right now.

Yep pretty much
5 May 2019, 00:48 AM

+1

I'd consider buffing scatter rather than AoE though. Make it hit models more consistently without wiping entire squads or anything like that. IMO comet shells are fine when they do hit, it's just they don't hit that often. I guess buffing AoE would make them hit more too but that might be a little stronger, which would too much IMO. That's all conjecture though.
9 May 2019, 09:46 AM

Nerf Price for Comet. Take away Phosphorous shot since it has smoke. Phosphorous shot is a bit too much. Maybe replace Phosphorous with Throwing a Flare, arty flare. Maybe give it the possibility to have an another upgrade, an MG upgrade.

Currently it costs 500 manpower and 185 fuel. I think it should be around 450 manpower and 170-175 fuel, around there, nerf price for its current state. Maybe Armour needs some nerfing. A bit too much than it was irl.
9 May 2019, 12:11 PM

Permanently Banned
A bit too much than it was irl.

I think it's been said many times but irl hardly matters at all for balance. If we went by IRL Axis would give up at the start of the game.
9 May 2019, 12:20 PM

I think it's been said many times but irl hardly matters at all for balance. If we went by IRL Axis would give up at the start of the game.

That is where balancing comes in, that is true. Axis armour would definitely real strong, (well they were but lets do it for the sake of balancing instead).

What I think Comet also needs is another different upgrade. A Vickers MG on top. Make it more potent against infantry costing 60 ammo. Make cost of Comet as I have suggested previously on comment #111. I do not think it deserves to be the way it costs now. A little too much I would say.
9 May 2019, 12:22 PM

Maybe Armour needs some nerfing. A bit too much than it was irl.

Don't use IRL as argument.

If we were going with IRL stats, Comet would have BETTER penetration then Panther.
9 May 2019, 20:15 PM

How to answer a IRL argument:

...If we were going with IRL stats, Comet would have BETTER penetration then Panther.

"IRL is deprecated towards better game balance" and keeps ontopic.

on the other side

"making things absurd" only makes the argument absurd. It can be true but adds nothing.

IRL could only add flavour to the game, only after a balance check is done.
If someone gets offended, i didnt mean to, im just setting up a benchmark to use IRL arguments as they should.

Somehow COH2 got very messed up with the IRL department, something that VCoH was a lot tidier.

10 May 2019, 19:51 PM

I do like the idea of reduced reload time for the Comet!
11 May 2019, 02:54 AM

if comet need some buff,

reduce scatter vs AI, add top mounted MG will be needed

Now Comet has no advantage compared to Churchill
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak