Login

russian armor

Comet tank has been too nerfed.

29 Apr 2019, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2019, 18:18 PMVipper

Comet can counter Paks with grenades and smoke/WP while the Stug has a hard time penetrating the frontal armor of the Comet.

My memory is fine and Comet is not an "AI" tank but a tank that has AI which is quite different. AI vehicles are units with primarily AI weapons like the hezter, centaur and Ostwind...

Grenades have 60 range? Notice how I typed Faust support, any pro player like Nicko or Jove will have a gren nearby to snare you the moment you get close. So yes I think a Pak can counter comet. The same way 57mm can counter a P4 or panther with commander upgrade. Just because there's some ability counterplay for the tank there it doesn't invalidate AT guns as a counter.

WP is an expensive vet ability that bugs out and doesn't fire or gets caught on terrain half the time. But you pretend it's brumbar bunker buster barrage by the way you bring it up.

So let me ask you straight up, do you think comet is undeserving of a buff?
29 Apr 2019, 18:39 PM

Buggy by definition isn't intended. You can't whine "it's buggy so the unit needs a buff" comet does need a small buff, but if that's the best you can come up with as an argument it tells a lot about the state of the unit...
29 Apr 2019, 19:22 PM

Grenades have 60 range?

Comets' Grenade have a range of 15

Notice how I typed Faust support, any pro player like Nicko or Jove will have a gren nearby to snare you the moment you get close. So yes I think a Pak can counter comet. The same way 57mm can counter a P4 or panther with commander upgrade. Just because there's some ability counterplay for the tank there it doesn't invalidate AT guns as a counter.

Comet is far better than PzIV and far better than Panther to deal with ATGs. It has has a sight bonus to begin with, and the combination of smoke and grenades is very useful against ATGs.

WP is an expensive vet ability that bugs out and doesn't fire or gets caught on terrain half the time. But you pretend it's brumbar bunker buster barrage by the way you bring it up.

Smoke/WP can be used to counter ATG from a relatively safe distance.

I never "pretended" that it is brumbar's bunker buster barrage, if you keep putting words in my mouth will have a hard time making any progress in this debate.

If it is bugs that much it should a priority to fix it before buffing the unit, the same way Guards should have had their dance bug fixed before being buffed.

The answer is it depends.

Comet comes with a number of abilities like "war speed", grenades, smoke, WP smoke, tracking, commander and thus one has to take all these things into account when evaluating the unit.

If one want to buff the base performance of the unit one should probably have to take a look at all the things that come with the Comet and adjust them accordingly.
30 Apr 2019, 03:16 AM

Grenades have 60 range?... Just because there's some ability counterplay for the tank there it doesn't invalidate AT guns as a counter.
... But you pretend it's brumbar bunker buster barrage by the way you bring it up.

Comet is definitely undeserving of any kind of buff if it depended on your arguments.

Simply exaggerating things to retarded levels doesnt make them any more valid.
I would rather like to hear you say ¨I dont use their abilities (for what you payed for)¨ than putting shame on the comets abilities because someone doesnt like them
30 Apr 2019, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Apr 2019, 19:22 PMVipper

Comets' Grenade have a range of 15

Comet is far better than PzIV and far better than Panther to deal with ATGs. It has has a sight bonus to begin with, and the combination of smoke and grenades is very useful against ATGs.

Smoke/WP can be used to counter ATG from a relatively safe distance.

I never "pretended" that it is brumbar's bunker buster barrage, if you keep putting words in my mouth will have a hard time making any progress in this debate.

If it is bugs that much it should a priority to fix it before buffing the unit, the same way Guards should have had their dance bug fixed before being buffed.

The answer is it depends.

Comet comes with a number of abilities like "war speed", grenades, smoke, WP smoke, tracking, commander and thus one has to take all these things into account when evaluating the unit.

If one want to buff the base performance of the unit one should probably have to take a look at all the things that come with the Comet and adjust them accordingly.

Panzer 4 or panther with commander is more reliable at wiping AT gun then comet, you forget it can call in very quick arty. But that doesn't mean AT gun suddenly is not a counter... Tanks will still fall pray if you get snares and AT gun has a shot on you despite any of these abilities.

If it depends what buff would you recommend?
30 Apr 2019, 18:32 PM

Panzer 4 or panther with commander is more reliable at wiping AT gun then comet, you forget it can call in very quick arty. But that doesn't mean AT gun suddenly is not a counter... Tanks will still fall pray if you get snares and AT gun has a shot on you despite any of these abilities
are u really comparing a 120 munition off map art to a grenade ?
30 Apr 2019, 18:52 PM

are u really comparing a 120 munition off map art to a grenade ?

Yes because it comes down almost instantly and is more reliable at killing at gun, even if it is slightly more pricey. It's worth it for the wipe on 320mp unit, grenade or WP is more obvious and less effective (usually survive after a hit).

But according to you comet is better tank, despite panther being better in almost every way. Stats and vet buffs don't lie, and now OKW commander upgrade exists you can't retreat to the "but comet has extra LoS + abilities that can kill AT gun!" Excuse either, because panther has option for even more beastly option and is not OP
30 Apr 2019, 19:19 PM

Yes because it comes down almost instantly and is more reliable at killing at gun, even if it is slightly more pricey. It's worth it for the wipe on 320mp unit, grenade or WP is more obvious and less effective (usually survive after a hit).

But according to you comet is better tank, despite panther being better in almost every way. Stats and vet buffs don't lie, and now OKW commander upgrade exists you can't retreat to the "but comet has extra LoS + abilities that can kill AT gun!" Excuse either, because panther has option for even more beastly option and is not OP
well i guess i want a buff to VG nades as they are not as good as the flame art off map of the soviet, it's slightly more price but who cares

btw are u comparing a stock upgrade to a commander one ? cause if so we need to heavily nerf ukf as they have the sexton and so don't lack mobile art by ur logic

panther is a tank hunter , comet is a mini tiger, panther is better at tank fights, comet is better for general purpose, never said comet was better as they are 2 different tanks, comet just need 15% reload speed at vet 1 or scatter

stay mad fanboy
30 Apr 2019, 19:23 PM

well i guess i want a buff to VG nades as they are not as good as the flame art off map of the soviet, it's slightly more price but who cares

btw are u comparing a stock upgrade to a commander one ? cause if so we need to heavily nerf ukf as they have the sexton and so don't lack mobile art by ur logic

panther is a tank hunter , comet is a mini tiger, panther is better at tank fights, comet is better for general purpose, never said comet was better as they are 2 different tanks, comet just need 15% reload speed at vet 1 or scatter

stay mad fanboy

I use panther + commander arty as an example because it's not OP despite it being possible to counter it's counter (AT gun) with some of the fastest and hardest to dodge arty in the game. Any Brit player would trade OKW commander for Brit one and bugfest WP shell in a heartbeat

It doesn't matter if it's doctrinal because the unit is functional in the game and is balanced (like comet would be if it got same range and reload buff with vet). But I'm glad you agree with me comet needs vet buff
30 Apr 2019, 19:28 PM

I use panther + commander arty as an example because it's not OP despite it being able to counter it's counter (AT gun) with some of the fastest and hardest to dodge arty in the game.

It doesn't matter if it's doctrinal because the unit is functional in the game and is balanced (like comet would be if it got same range and reload buff with vet). But I'm glad you agree with me comet needs vet buff
it matters and the art cost x8 the cost of a grenade + the cost of the upgrade
u can't just compare stuff with "feels", why don't give gren IR path finder art strike ? it's better and the unit is functional and balanced

yea a 50 range generalist was already op let's not remake it
30 Apr 2019, 19:32 PM

it matters and the art cost x8 the cost of a grenade + the cost of the upgrade
u can't just compare stuff with "feels", why don't give gren IR path finder art strike ? it's better and the unit is functional and balanced

yea a 50 range generalist was already op let's not remake it
in the context of game balance no it doesn't matter. Because I am using the unit as an example of units having abilities to deal with their counter in a specific retort to vippers argument that it could be break AT gun balance.

Bundled nade is way more expensive than Molotov but you don't see people claiming molo is better. Same point here goes for WP rounds on comet vs OKW tank arty

Price is relative to wipe potential. Which cheap and almost instant 120muni arty provides

I would dare say we see more panthers with commander these days than "non-doc" comet tanks anyway. Comet is a unicorn
30 Apr 2019, 19:36 PM

in the context of game balance no it doesn't matter. Because I am using the unit as an example of units having abilities to deal with their counter in a specific retort to vippers argument that it could be break AT gun balance

I would dare say we see more panthers with commander these days than "non-doc" comet tanks anyway. Comet is a unicorn
comet is used when u are ahead, churchil is just the fafest bet as 1 + a FF cover each other weakness perfectly and is more consistent, comet has higher armor and better gun but it's not a clean pair with the FF
30 Apr 2019, 19:42 PM

comet is used when u are ahead, churchil is just the fafest bet as 1 + a FF cover each other weakness perfectly and is more consistent, comet has higher armor and better gun but it's not a clean pair with the FF

Then why do Hans, luvnest, vonivan, momo, kimbo, vonansten etc any top player now avoid comet the plague? I bet you couldn't even link me three games of top players using comet in the last three months. Meanwhile I could find you 40 examples of people just building two Cromwells instead.

Two Cromwells are much much much better than the fuel sink that is the comet when you're ahead (by the way you didn't quote half my post)

30 Apr 2019, 19:45 PM

Then why do Hans, luvnest, vonivan, momo, kimbo, vonansten etc any top player now avoid comet the plague? I bet you couldn't even link me three games of top players using comet the three months. Meanwhile I could find you 40 examples of people just building two Cromwell's instead

Two Cromwells are much much much better than the fuel sink that is the comet when you're ahead (by the way you didn't quote half my post)

as i said FF + Churchill is more consistent, i personally use comet only if im ahead or in team games (especially if they have elephant or JT as churchil and FF become bullet sponges)
30 Apr 2019, 19:52 PM

Yes because it comes down almost instantly and is more reliable at killing at gun, even if it is slightly more pricey. It's worth it for the wipe on 320mp unit, grenade or WP is more obvious and less effective (usually survive after a hit)...

*Ignores munitions deliberately

The rest of the quote can be ignored since it doesnt add anything. But i can resume it like this:

So yeah, lets set up my own rules in order to have very valid points of discussion and no one can argue back at me!
PD. Panthers are OP
30 Apr 2019, 19:53 PM

Then why do Hans, luvnest, vonivan, momo, kimbo, vonansten etc any top player now avoid comet the plague? ...

Asking them instead of guessing is a better idea, i suppose.
30 Apr 2019, 20:56 PM

Yes because it comes down almost instantly and is more reliable at killing at gun

Press X to doubt.

And testing has revealed that you believe almost instantly ~= 11 seconds.
1 May 2019, 18:58 PM

If you guys are done derailing the thread, the comet could use some light tweaks. It needed nerfs before, but it got too many. Give it reload speed with vet, and give it back the moving acc multiplier and call it a day
1 May 2019, 21:10 PM

If you guys are done derailing the thread, the comet could use some light tweaks. It needed nerfs before, but it got too many. Give it reload speed with vet, and give it back the moving acc multiplier and call it a day

I second this. Small steps just to make it more attractive and scale better. No need for ICBMs or anything
1 May 2019, 23:55 PM

Moving acc for comets sounds interesting, i would buy that anytime.
Since comets are lategame tanks they should also have better AI abilities or raw power, I.e. HE shells
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment