Login

russian armor

Is the Panther overpowered?

14 Apr 2019, 15:53 PM

Interested to hear other people's thoughts on this unit.

My thoughts are thought although it's very expensive and comes at T4, it just seems to overperform slightly. In terms of raw tank destroying potential it's up there with the best units in the game, but it has the mobility of a sherman and the armour of a heavy tank (not sure if the stats back this up but I think everyone has memories of Panthers in this game that just do not die). It just seems like such a get out of jail free card at times, and this is coming from someone who plays both Allies and Axis so I'm not biased against either.

I think everyone can agree that the current state of the Command Panther is a bit silly in that it doesn't require tech, but I think the raw unit is still slightly too good.

14 Apr 2019, 15:58 PM

yes. its range should go down to 40 and cut off like 50 armor. And take away pintle upgrade, so much AI

It's not

Does idea of callin' HTs is bad? Yes

Basic Panther is just ok, the only reason Command Panther is strong is because it's a call-in.
14 Apr 2019, 16:01 PM

yes. its range should go down to 40 and cut off like 50 armor. And take away pintle upgrade, so much AI

I think this would be a good change. It does seem to do a bit too much damage to infantry. I'd be reluctant to change too much other than this and maybe slightly less armour/health
14 Apr 2019, 16:45 PM
14 Apr 2019, 16:52 PM

Sorry are you for real? Only one of those was even in the last FOUR YEARS! Give your head a shake.
14 Apr 2019, 16:56 PM

Panther in general is perfectly balanced.

But with panzer tactician they become a bit too strong on big, open maps. Especially if you have multiple of them.

I would never nerf it however before the stupid command panther, that thing is just hilarious. If anything about the panther needs to be nerfed, its Ostheer panzer tactician
14 Apr 2019, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 15:58 PMFarlon
Basic Panther is just ok, the only reason Command Panther is strong is because it's a call-in.

No command panther is strong because it not only selfspots stock (55 range, 5 further than its main gun), but provides gamebreaking map hacks with vet.

Mark target and ability to skip tech is the icing on the cake. It should have been nerfed the same patch British tank commanders or T-70 Los got nerfs
14 Apr 2019, 17:33 PM

No command panther is strong because it not only selfspots stock (55 range, 5 further than its main gun), but provides gamebreaking map hacks with vet.

Mark target and ability to skip tech is the icing on the cake. It should have been nerfed the same patch British tank commanders or T-70 Los got nerfs

It also costs 225 FU. That's almost a heavy.

It's being a call-in that makes it broken.
14 Apr 2019, 17:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

There are certain design issues that the stock panther creates, but as a unit itself ingame currenlty? No probably not. 185F and 18 popcap. When you look at the other units like the USF pershing which has very similar AT ability and arguably the best AI tank ingame for 19 pop at 230F, its fine. There are much larger things that require nerfs than the stock panther.
ddd
14 Apr 2019, 19:25 PM

Panther is obviously overpowered after last rework that buffed its HP to make it "more consistent (read: uncounterable) but dont worry, all the allied tank destroyers got buffed to compensate, so now we see panther (tank destroyer) vs allied tank destroyers or heavy call ins every game, eliminating medium tanks from the game.

14 Apr 2019, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 19:25 PMddd
Panther is obviously overpowered after last rework that buffed its HP to make it "more consistent (read: uncounterable)

It was more uncounterable before if you ask me. 356 Armor at vet 2 meant mediums were a lot more useless against it than they are now...
14 Apr 2019, 19:57 PM

so less armor than a okw p4 ? hope u joking right ?

I think this would be a good change. It does seem to do a bit too much damage to infantry. I'd be reluctant to change too much other than this and maybe slightly less armour/health

do u guys even check stats, not only range armor and mg health too ? why not increase it's price to 300 fuel 100 mp too i think it would be fair
ddd
14 Apr 2019, 20:03 PM

why not increase it's price to 300 fuel 100 mp

Wow such axis bias
14 Apr 2019, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 15:58 PMFarlon

+1
14 Apr 2019, 22:54 PM

Panther in general is perfectly balanced.

But with panzer tactician they become a bit too strong on big, open maps. Especially if you have multiple of them.

I would never nerf it however before the stupid command panther, that thing is just hilarious. If anything about the panther needs to be nerfed, its Ostheer panzer tactician

I find its the other way round, panther gets decimated on open maps by allied TD's but on maps with more shot blockers its more effective
14 Apr 2019, 23:05 PM

Yeah thats the real problem. Just one click and its concealed in smoke for a rather small amount of mun. Of course you can attack ground but...

...it costs more micro to attack ground and predict movement of tank than to hit one hotkey and back up after it
...you are missing quite often with attack ground.

So its a no-brainer lifesaver.

Panzer tactican should be similar to Sherman smoke launchers or at least have a much higher delay (so that you have to use it with prediction).
15 Apr 2019, 00:29 AM

Command panther almost costs as much as a allied heavy tank, or even a Tiger I. It even locks OKM out of KT.
Fair to say that Command panther is better than KT and its call-in logic is the most broken of it.

SU85 self spots for itslef too but thats none of my business...
15 Apr 2019, 00:44 AM

Command panther almost costs as much as a allied heavy tank, or even a Tiger I. It even locks OKM out of KT.
Fair to say that Command panther is better than KT and its call-in logic is the most broken of it.

SU85 self spots for itslef too but thats none of my business...

Meanwhile SU85 has 2/3 the health of panther, no armor or anti infantry capability to speak of, is a lot slower, and doesn't have a turret but ok.

But command panther would be perfectly fine IMO if it didn't benefit from the call-in aspect (which should probably be the case for all other heavies too).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★