Login

russian armor

Feedback for New Commander mod 4.0 - OST core changes

PAGES (14)down
14 Apr 2019, 01:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 19:59 PMKirrik
...it is useless on large map with plane delay and PTAB and bombing run can do *exactly* same thing but they dont do 35% damage to tiger, they would kill it outright

Seems like it does pretty well when it gets a little lucky; certainly more than 35%:

https://youtu.be/F47flg6JKxU?t=253
14 Apr 2019, 01:38 AM

Seems like it does pretty well when it gets a little lucky; certainly more than 35%:

https://youtu.be/F47flg6JKxU?t=253

And it can also deal zero damage if it hits nearby buildings instead. RNG is hardly a good agrument in favor of it
14 Apr 2019, 05:32 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 01:38 AMKirrik

And it can also deal zero damage if it hits nearby buildings instead. RNG is hardly a good agrument in favor of it

It works absolutely fine as an argument. You just think of it in terms of expected value. If 10% of the time it takes a tiger down to maybe 5% health as in the video (some 1000 damage), 20% of the time takes a tiger down to half, and 60% of the time does around 30% to a tiger, and 10% hit terrain and does nothing entirely, then you just use that information. It will usually do moderate damage, and sometimes hit terrain, but can occasionally high roll and absolutely destroy tanks. While I would prefer the outcomes be more uniform and the numbers be tuned more (I personally think it should be pretty usable against infantry/weapon teams) its a 100 muni ability, and as such is relatively spammable. Those sorts of outcomes are about what I would except for a 100 muni ability.
14 Apr 2019, 06:24 AM

And I would much rather a manually targeted small area off map was consistent. I will happily take a price hike or a mini-PTAB in exchange for knowing that I'm not rolling a die on doing nothing or a wipe. I'd take a consistent 45% over a 0 - 90% spread every dang time.
14 Apr 2019, 08:28 AM
14 Apr 2019, 09:05 AM

The SVAT upgrade for Cons is one of the best ideas for soviets in a long time. Its so good that it would be a waste to make it doctrinal. I would really recommend to give this upgrade to soviets as an stock upgrade for cons! This would certainly solve, at least ease the long lasting issues with them!

• SVAT upgrade for cons = Stock upgrade
  • Options for free commander slot:
  • Partisans (AT)
  • Il2-Bombing run

Historically partisans cooperated with soviet paras / officers so they would fit to the theme.
    The additional aircraft attack would give soviet players nice options:
    - dO you want multiple high risk-high regard attacks? IL-2 rocket strafe is your choice
    - do you want reliable but more expensive attacks with strategic value? Choose il-2 bombing run

The commander would gain some late game beef and would give soviet players the best air attack options of all (soviet) commanders.

14 Apr 2019, 09:20 AM

okw

Tiger 1 vet requirements are way too big, should be at least cut in half.

You can make it barely over vet 3 with 100 infantry kills
14 Apr 2019, 09:22 AM

Shoot some other tanks with it, it'll vet up just fine.
14 Apr 2019, 09:24 AM

okw

It has the same requirements for vet 1-3 as the Ostheer Tiger afaik, which isn't too hard to get to vet 3. Might need a small adjustment (-10% or something) but nothing major. The vet 4 and vet 5 requirements are really low so once it finally hits vet 3 it should get to vet 4-5 really quickly.
14 Apr 2019, 09:31 AM

It has the same requirements for vet 1-3 as the Ostheer Tiger afaik, which isn't too hard to get to vet 3. Might need a small adjustment (-10% or something) but nothing major. The vet 4 and vet 5 requirements are really low so once it finally hits vet 3 it should get to vet 4-5 really quickly.

It isn't hard to get up to vet 3, impossible to make it to vet 4, unthinkable to make it to vet 5
14 Apr 2019, 09:44 AM

Shoot some other tanks with it, it'll vet up just fine.

No, it won't, you can go on a damn murder spree nd reach only vet 3.

It's not up to vet 3, but up to vet 5, so the xp values needs to be balanced accordingly.
14 Apr 2019, 09:51 AM

It isn't hard to get up to vet 3, impossible to make it to vet 4, unthinkable to make it to vet 5

That shouldn't be true.
I don't know the exact numbers but the requirements for OKW Tiger should be something like:
100 / 200 / 300 / 320 / 350
14 Apr 2019, 09:54 AM

okw

Because high cost units shooting at low cost units aren't going to vet fast.
Use it against tanks and it'll vet in no time.
14 Apr 2019, 10:20 AM

I'll spam t3485 and see how much tanks it gets to reach vet 5
14 Apr 2019, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2019, 09:05 AMSmartie
The SVAT upgrade for Cons is one of the best ideas for soviets in a long time. Its so good that it would be a waste to make it doctrinal. I would really recommend to give this upgrade to soviets as an stock upgrade for cons! This would certainly solve, at least ease the long lasting issues with them!

• SVAT upgrade for cons = Stock upgrade
  • Options for free commander slot:
  • Partisans (AT)
  • Il2-Bombing run

Historically partisans cooperated with soviet paras / officers so they would fit to the theme.
    The additional aircraft attack would give soviet players nice options:
    - dO you want multiple high risk-high regard attacks? IL-2 rocket strafe is your choice
    - do you want reliable but more expensive attacks with strategic value? Choose il-2 bombing run

The commander would gain some late game beef and would give soviet players the best air attack options of all (soviet) commanders.

The current commander has gone far away from the original concept and does not closely correspond to the subject of the airborne forces
- paratroopers do not have a single ability to act in the enemy's rear, an absurd 1st vet ability that was not available to ordinary paratroopers, IL-2 strafe is appropriate in headquarters. The Airborne Forces do not have any explosives that each paratrooper had or an artillery strike that was available at the time of the Dnieper airborne operation (the paratroopers were within radius of the artillery unit)
- there is no interaction with other types of troops - joint actions with tanks as I described in another topic.
- A paratrooper headquarters would be more appropriate as a British forward headquarters - it is created in a neutral building and has a scouting plane, a strafe, etc.
14 Apr 2019, 10:58 AM

What about adding a 3x Bazooka package to Rangers for 120mun? I know they can get 3 zooks from the racks as well but with the Upgrade it would be cheaper and you would not require weapon racks unlocked
14 Apr 2019, 11:24 AM

Alternative look for obersvation bunker:

14 Apr 2019, 11:24 AM

The test allows wer to pick urban assault commander...

And this bring us to an idea for the Ostheer bunkers, in that commander units can chose to retreat to FHQ.

This as ability is rather OP but what if it was available and was on global CD?

Then only one unit could retreat to the FHQ so it would be useful but no OP.

14 Apr 2019, 11:25 AM

too bad the observation bunker is a terrible concept, but your version looks much nicer indeed. :thumbsup:
14 Apr 2019, 11:25 AM

Alternative look for obersvation bunker:

look nice good work. But there is also a observation tower in game. I guess one could add both options.

In addition I am not sure but when i tried some unit seemed to have trouble shooting from within the bunker.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS