Login

russian armor

OKW "grand offensive" game breaking?

23 Mar 2019, 19:18 PM

I'm yet to see this commander in a 4vs4 as test games so few.

But five man squad with double Shrek and sprint ability... Anyone else getting flashbacks to old shrek Volkswagen blobs?

Only now they will have extra shrek and sprint. I don't think this will really be a problem in 1vs1, but 4vs4 this has the potential to be ultra cancer. Just shrek blob stall+stuka spam until command tiger, sounds like meta. But hey at least overwatch doctrine will see competition :p

Fusilier schreks are an obviously bad idea that anyone can see coming down the tracks half a mile away.

Take off the rose tinted glasses: teamgames will once again be reduced to noob schreck spam if this change is introduced.

the problem was fixed before; no need to reintroduce it. come on chaps get real
23 Mar 2019, 19:57 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Panzerbüchse 39 light AT for PanzerFusilier

23 Mar 2019, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2019, 19:57 PMnigo
Panzerbüchse 39 light AT for PanzerFusilier

Cool! :D
23 Mar 2019, 20:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2019, 19:52 PMddd
(btw congrats to genius who though mass sprint + double shreck is good idea).

Tactical Movement has been available for double Panzerschreck Panzergrenadiers in Ostheer's Lightning War for ages, and it never caused any problems. Mainly because if you'd actually bother to test things, you'd have noticed that the Schrecks tend to behave badly (models rotating instead of firing) while sprinting.
23 Mar 2019, 20:07 PM

I do agree though that the Tiger call in has a risk of creating a new Command Panther meta.

Would it then not make sense to give the TigerAce to Grand Offensive? The tank would arrive at 14 CP/15 Cp, a lot later than than the Command Panther. Im not especially good at 1vs1 but i doubt that players could wait so long for the call-in.
ddd
23 Mar 2019, 20:35 PM

Tactical Movement has been available for double Panzerschreck Panzergrenadiers in Ostheer's Lightning War for ages, and it never caused any problems. Mainly because if you'd actually bother to test things, you'd have noticed that the Schrecks tend to behave badly (models rotating instead of firing) while sprinting.

Good find, but i hope you noticed panzergrenadiers are significantly more expensive, come later, you cant use them as your baseline infantry and have 4 models, making them vulnerable to things like, for example, 75mm sherman.

As for shrecks performing badly while sprinting, it doesnt seem to be the case when you "a click" your pgrens blob in general direction of enemy tank. From what i saw its pretty common strategy in team games.
23 Mar 2019, 20:43 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised too many posts for being offtopic, flame, and for quoting invised things.

Stay on topic.
23 Mar 2019, 21:17 PM

Yea I don't think 340mp 4 man squad is exactly comparable to a 5 man 250mp squad as far as vulnerability and since the vulnerability and risk associated with the squishy expensive squad is what keeps the guaranteed pen of the Shreks in line and punishing to blob with.
23 Mar 2019, 21:42 PM

Give them Panzerbuchse instead and you will NEVER see it being used. You would have to be trolling or crazy to go Panzerbüchse instead of G43 package.

23 Mar 2019, 21:44 PM

Yea I don't think 340mp 4 man squad is exactly comparable to a 5 man 250mp squad as far as vulnerability and since the vulnerability and risk associated with the squishy expensive squad is what keeps the guaranteed pen of the Shreks in line and punishing to blob with.

The expensive part is the 120 muni on shreks, dont forget that (100 for pgrens). Against a sherman HE shell any infantry model is squishy.

Pgrens are MP expensive because they come as a *mediocre* shock unit midgame and also its price puts them out of the mainline category
23 Mar 2019, 22:06 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Give them Panzerbuchse instead and you will NEVER see it being used. You would have to be trolling or crazy to go Panzerbüchse instead of G43 package.

For light AT.

2 Shreks + 5 man squad is game breaking in early-mid game.
23 Mar 2019, 22:15 PM

Well, brits had access to PIATs on engies and still BOYS AT rifle section was used.
23 Mar 2019, 22:24 PM

True nobody would sacrfice AI espacially since you can get a rkten and have snare

How about giving them the guards ptrs?

The only reason peaple use penal ptrs is becouse of the lack of pak or snare
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak