Login

russian armor

Soviet - Airbourne feedback

PAGES (13)down
31 Mar 2019, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 12:39 PMSmartie

Cons,IS2, Pzgrens and Ostwind are units that deserve some attention.

Add KT and calliope to that list and pretty much every other unit is in good shape.
31 Mar 2019, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 12:44 PMKatitof

Add KT and calliope to that list and pretty much every other unit is in good shape.

Agreed again, and Calliope is getting already a rework. A lot better in the 2.o version.
Cons getting a deserved rework would bring so much benefits for the faction, same for Pzgrens. Lets cross our fingers that we get this balance patch in the not so distant future.
1 Apr 2019, 00:25 AM

Just read the changelog, this commander is getting better and better. Good job to the dev team.
1 Apr 2019, 01:50 AM

Needs to swap the strafe with an ability that drops a line of about twelve molotovs instead
1 Apr 2019, 03:29 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Please keep your posts in this thread to that of feedback to the proposed commanders per specific thread. Thank you :)
2 Apr 2019, 15:51 PM

I feel like as of 2.0 this commander is moving in the right direction. I feel like the AT strafe continues to be the weak link in this commander as the ability that is supposed to be your late-game AT supplement. While I appreciate a new ability for variety and something that is cheaper and able to be used more often I find the "skill shot" nature too problematic for the ability to be ever be useful as just a pure DPS ability due to the high liklihood of most of the rockets missing. If this ability remains a skill shot I think there should be some kind of temporary debuff applied similar to tulip rockets so that it can function as more of a synergy ability to work with AT guns and SU85s and still reward you for near misses and glancing blows.
2 Apr 2019, 16:03 PM

I feel like as of 2.0 this commander is moving in the right direction. I feel like the AT strafe continues to be the weak link in this commander as the ability that is supposed to be your late-game AT supplement. While I appreciate a new ability for variety and something that is cheaper and able to be used more often I find the "skill shot" nature too problematic for the ability to be ever be useful as just a pure DPS ability due to the high liklihood of most of the rockets missing. If this ability remains a skill shot I think there should be some kind of temporary debuff applied similar to tulip rockets so that it can function as more of a synergy ability to work with AT guns and SU85s and still reward you for near misses and glancing blows.

The ability already has synergy with ram. You ram then fire rockets.

Imo medium tank use should be encouraged instead of the Infantry/TD spam and being able to stop a flank on one of these TD with cheap call-in planes would be a step in the wrong direction.
2 Apr 2019, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 16:03 PMVipper

The ability already has synergy with ram. You ram then fire rockets.

Imo medium tank use should be encouraged instead of the Infantry/TD spam and being able to stop a flank on one of these TD with cheap call-in planes would be a step in the wrong direction.

You ram then fire rockets that do nothing, so you lose 100 munitions and a t-34 to achieve... what exactly?

What you described only works with PTAB and even then it depends on enemy royally screwing up and not paying attention
2 Apr 2019, 16:43 PM

Saw the Ram+Rocket Strafe Combo yesterday in a replay, it did almost nothing, the Tiger in question lost maybe 30% of it's Health.
2 Apr 2019, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 16:34 PMKirrik

You ram then fire rockets that do nothing, so you lose 100 munitions and a t-34 to achieve... what exactly?

What you described only works with PTAB and even then it depends on enemy royally screwing up and not paying attention

And you have completely missed my point.

My point is that is has synergy regardless if the ability is strong or not. I have actually suggested that it should probably truck enemy vehicles with in the strafe area in order to become more effective.

I simply pointed out that is should not be a way to stop enemy tanks from flanking one's SU-85.
2 Apr 2019, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 17:34 PMVipper

I have actually suggested that it should probably truck enemy vehicles with in the strafe area in order to become more effective.

This might be okay if they increased the rocket AOE so it did more splash damage and made it do very little damage to infantry OR found a way to improve it's collision detection. I'm just skeptical because a powerful rocket that's hard to land is still useless and if you increase the speed then it's impossible to dodge and cancerous like old CAS Commander.
2 Apr 2019, 20:30 PM

IL-2 Rocket Strafe changes.

Why, mister Anderson? Why are you trying to do this ability, it is still not adequate. Just replace it with PTAB - it works reliably, is effective and people want it.
2 Apr 2019, 22:37 PM

Regarding the Rocket Strafe... Why not make it behave similar to the Firefly's Tulips and give a debuff that stuns the tank? Hell, it might make ALL rocket firing Airstrikes more useful for once.
3 Apr 2019, 01:20 AM
Patrion 26

The IL-2 Rocket Strafe is finally in a good place, and does very decent damage consistantly.

This commander still needs something else to help with late game armour though, especially with the cool down for the Rocket Strafe being so long.

Perhaps give the para-guards mark target, giving them even more utility and usefulness.
3 Apr 2019, 11:54 AM

As an option, copy-paste the German 37-mm anti-tank strafe and call it: IL-2 ShFK-37 (anti-tank modification of 1942) or IL-2 NS-37 (anti-tank modification of 1943). Because the German 37-mm strafe is also very effective.
3 Apr 2019, 12:20 PM

Can we not just use PTAB rather than constantly fiddle with a horrible rocket strafe.
3 Apr 2019, 15:31 PM

(Updated to ver. 3)
Soviet - Airbourne ver.3

CP 2 SVT Drop
The ability gives invisible weapons when taken by axis infatry (at least by pios).
In addition it made CE engineer flamer disappear when reinforced.

(I am pretty sure that is will create a number of balance issues also)

CP 3 Airborne Guards
Smoke can be easily be used to bypass defenses in addition the grenade can be used immediately increasing the problems with this method of deployment. Consider alternatives like infiltration or being built from Airborne Rally Point.

The IL-2 strafing run and the Fire Superiority are problematic for a long range unit that should be weak to CQC units.

The IL-2 strafing run is also problematic for the PPSh version sine i t allow the keep enemy busy while closing in.

If the IL-2 is so important I suggest you move it Airborne Rally Point and the fire superiority to PPsh Guards.

CP 2 Airborne Rally Point
The ability is way to cost effective especially in 3vs4 4vs4. Suggest abilities come as upgrades with addition cost to structure also increasing durability.

It can also be built in enemy base, it should not be available to be happen.

CP 2 DsHK Paradrop
Allowing 6 men crews with SVT for this HMG make the unit very difficult to flank.

With the increasing in cone the unit has no reason to sprint. Sprint should be removed and since it now has increased penetration the AP round could serves as vet 1 ability.

Close DPS once vetted is simply too high.

CP 10 IL-2 Rocket Strafe
Maybe make the rockets land in 4 lines instead of 2? or to track vehicles with in the strafe path?
3 Apr 2019, 15:36 PM

I agree that the IL-2 passage for infantrymen is strange and does not correspond to their role, and it is a good idea to move the IL-2 to the Airborne Forces headquarters. Airborne need to the ability to act in the rear of the enemy.
3 Apr 2019, 16:58 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I keep hearing about the weakness of the rocket strafe. Okay, here's a question, though. How much health should it be able to strip away from tanks?

We might change it out, but how deadly should it be against tanks given its 100 munition price tag and quick call-in? This is not the much slower IL-2 bombing run which excels against stationary targets but also costs considerable more.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight