Login

russian armor

New Commander patchnotes discussion thread

PAGES (15)down
22 Mar 2019, 07:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 07:23 AMMusti
I'll throw in a few ideas in regards to Airbone
If its possible (I don't know if we have the animations for that), maybe we could allow AG to fire the DP28s on the move (consistent with US paratroopers) It would make them stand out more from regular Guards.

How about an AVT40? It looks like an SVT, sounds like an SVT, smells like an SVT but it's a fully automatic rifle! Should be pretty easy to code them (Don't know how they would sound/look though) and it would be another unique aspect to Airborne Guards.

Indeed, the AVT-40 was produced in large quantities (And since 1943 and until 1945, SVT was produced only as AVT) and a huge number of SVT were reworked at the front workshops. But the AVT-40 did not intend to always shoot in automatic mode. Automatic shooting is an emergency measure. So AVT-40 can be implemented as the ability "automatic fire"
22 Mar 2019, 08:04 AM

2 Schrecks maybe strong...but 1 schreck is really to weak.
why not make schreck in line with other handheld AT? or give them 2 AT rifles..

wanna see shit?

than look here how bad design it is to give a squad AT nades....while it can even equiped with double handheld AT:

https://youtu.be/6ldXCgq-6lc?t=2483

and this is vs a dedicated AI armor tank!

and this was only ONE NON-VETTED LOW LIFE squad...and you come here and talk about "schrecks are op"
22 Mar 2019, 09:20 AM

Sadly, ullmumu is right about hanheld ATs...
22 Mar 2019, 09:34 AM

Sadly, ullmumu is right about hanheld ATs...

i recordnize it everytime, when i play allies:
Its a huge advantage to have squads with good handheld AT...the axis expansive 4models squads doesnt count to this advantage...

- axis schreck squads are expansive to reeinforce
- have so less AI after the upgrade / or only one schreck ...wich is like that: you shoot one salve...and after this you must retreat in most cases..because you know the allies AI is very potent.
- you have no AT nade on them
- schrecks misses ALOT (look the replay from Von Ivan i post earlyer...schrecks was so bad that the misses so much and his 4models squads was wiped so easily...)

and than you look to the allies..where you can rolfstomp around the map blobb with one unit type which you can equip with double AT or AI upgrade..or you mix it and dont need 2 different units (which is harder to blobb/ use abiltys than one unit type)

PTRS even hit the target at FAR range constantly (has more range than luchs)
and have ok AI at the same time....zooks and piats are avaible AT ALL SQUADS ..even the cheapest one and hit more and better ...and on top of this...you can get clowncars to sit in with 2 squads and lolo-around the map and drive on speed like a plane and troll around...try this with axis abiltys..you will fail hard, because schrecks will misses all the time and you have only cars where one squad can shot out of it.

22 Mar 2019, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 07:23 AMStark

Blob of 2 squads AT fuzziliers and 2 g43s fuzziliers will be the issue mostly in teamgames, especially 4v4 where the ammo income is really high. It's unlikely it will have anyinpact on 1v1 gamemode. Let's notice that the general cost of upgrading those 4 fuzzliers is equal 420 ammo.

I'm sure they'll still be blobbed in team games, but at least it will limit that in 1v1 & 2v2.
Other than that the changes to them are great and makes them much more useful and interesting.

OR we could not break 3/4 of gamemodes, especially after all the work done in order to get them balanced, just so we can turn a perfectly good AI-scouting mainline squad into heavy AT squad for no reason, IMO Fusies should stick to what they are: premium mainline, not an AT squad
AT MOST they should get 2x Pzb39, with Guard-PTRS stats if necessairy.

2 Schrecks maybe strong...but 1 schreck is really to weak.
why not make schreck in line with other handheld AT? or give them 2 AT rifles..

Make it in line how? by chopping off 40 damage or pen? Again, it's literally the best handheld AT in the game. There's a reason why it only comes on expensive 4-man squads.
I agree with the AT rifles though.
22 Mar 2019, 09:52 AM

i testet it out yesterday with the new Fussis:

it isnt like: yeah ha..i can rolfstomp all the time every armor with 3 squads...the think is the following: you have no good AI after the schrekc upgrade....and when you blobb: allies have excellent anti-blobb-units/ abiltys

you will lose so much mp and units when you blobb against allies in teamgames (except you play vs dummys)
22 Mar 2019, 09:59 AM

i testet it out yesterday with the new Fussis:

it isnt like: yeah ha..i can rolfstomp all the time every armor with 3 squads...the think is the following: you have no good AI after the schrekc upgrade....and when you blobb: allies have excellent anti-blobb-units/ abiltys

you will lose so much mp and units when you blobb against allies in teamgames (except you play vs dummys)

Now try the real team game blob, 3 shreck squads, 2 G43 squads and a-move it.
Hell, go full 1v1/2v2 sprice and make 5+ of them, old volks were spammed and blobbed to 7+ in 1v1.

Moeover, what happened to that ostwind was 100% axis players fault, that's how blind dives with no chance for any retreat wipes usually end up, regardless of faction. In fact, was it any other faction then brits, that ostwind would either end up the same or didn't even attempted to chase, because 2 mainline squads would already engine damage it.
22 Mar 2019, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 09:59 AMKatitof

Now try the real team game blob, 3 shreck squads, 2 G43 squads and a-move it.
Hell, go full 1v1/2v2 sprice and make 5+ of them, old volks were spammed and blobbed to 7+ in 1v1.

Moeover, what happened to that ostwind was 100% axis players fault, that's how blind dives with no chance for any retreat wipes usually end up, regardless of faction. In fact, was it any other faction then brits, that ostwind would either end up the same or didn't even attempted to chase, because 2 mainline squads would already engine damage it.

and why...because most allies which can dmg the engine from armor ...even can equiped with Handheld at.

try this with one single unit from axis...you can choose to have schrecks (ostwind would escape easily) or to have a unit with faust (ostwind would survive due its faster speed on road than reload the fasut which makes only 80 dmg)

in both cases the ostwind would survive when it was axis unit instead
22 Mar 2019, 10:14 AM

Faust does 100 dmg with 140 penetration....
AT nades do 80 with 100 pen.
22 Mar 2019, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2019, 09:46 AMRetief
Lets compare bazookas to panzershreks for a second.

Your comparison is a bit flawed because you do not take into account deflection damage that happen even the weapon does penetrate.

You also do not take into account the accuracy bonus R.E. get as early as vet 1.
22 Mar 2019, 10:18 AM

I didnt think I would ever say this but on 1 point, ullumulu is actually right, I really dont think that fusilier schreck blob will be a powerful strat.

The old volks schreck blob worked cuz they still had a really decent AI power with the schreck upgrade. Fusiliers however only have 3 Kar98 then and each of them deals only 10 dmg. The fusilier Kar98 is significantly less powerful than the Volks one

Dont forget it was also the time when schreck rockets could still snipe models.
22 Mar 2019, 10:44 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Dont forget it was also the time when schreck rockets could still snipe models.

Also when vehicles were exp pinatas for AT infantry. You would get something like a full vet bar each zook/schreck hit.

OKW vet was also way better during that time and volks were 235 manpower.
22 Mar 2019, 10:51 AM

Panzerfuzilers need to be 4man at start and u can keep double schrek upgrade and then after ai upgrade they are again six man sounds balanced for me or just delete 4vs4 mode.
22 Mar 2019, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 10:14 AMKatitof
Faust does 100 dmg with 140 penetration....
AT nades do 80 with 100 pen.

I think all snares do 100 damage, they wouldn't snare a luchs with 80 damage.
22 Mar 2019, 11:15 AM

Can i propose some changes to the OKW grand offensive doctrine?

[0 CP] Panzerfusilliers - Same stats/changes as of New commander mod.

[1 CP] Artilery field officer - Same stats as wermacht one, veterancy changes:

Lvl 1 - Medkit drop instead or mantain first aid?

Lvl 2 - Same stats as wermacht

Lvl 3 - Same stats as wermacht

Lvl 4 - More squad durability? Some other bonus?

Lvl 5 - Stuka strafe? bomb drop? Pak 40/MG drop?

Reasoning: the sturm officer habilities mix well with the offensive theme of the doctrine, much more than giving volks SMGs IMO. It should replace the stuka smoke drop, you lose the global call in range and map view for it being free.

[4 CP] - Tactical movement

Gotta go fast!

[17 CP] - Tiger ace

Same MP/fuel as the King tiger, 26 pop cap comes at vet 1 - 3 (up to debate for balance) same changes that are to be implemented, but has 5 vet levels, the first 3, same stats as the Wermacht ace, last 2 would be the OKW tiger command habilities.

I haven't found a good substitute for the Offensive Package, maybe should leave it as it is?

Maybe replace with Breaktrough? A cheap but very nice ability for capping ground and cutting off territory fits well with the theme.

Railway artilery or the LeFh would also fit the theme very well and would add for late game pushes, LeFh being particulary nasty with the Field officer. Or we could go the other way and give defensive fortifications or 221 armored car to secure territory already taken.
22 Mar 2019, 11:15 AM

The feeling I get from most of these is;

A) They're all very good which is great. BUT they'll definatly need to be closely watched as they look almost too good.

B) It looks like a lot of really powerful allied options and other than the OKW's ability to get Panzerfusiliers early, I don't see it being that balanced. Even the Command Tiger needs to hit like.. vet 4 or 5? How easy will that be or hard? The ability seems similiar to the soviet Inspire from the KV-8/KV-2 but its at vet1?

C) The Tiger Ace changes are very nice, but the cost is still way too high. If you're floating 800 manpower and 250 fuel you're in a unique situation, or you're already winning the game and you've been floating that and have either a lot of unused pop which is unlikely, or you just lost some tanks so you auto-replaced with w/ this huge float (which doesn't happen often considering OKW can't cache, and you can build bunkers yourself).

Binging as axis lately due to the search times, I'll admit. I'm like 75% allied/25% axis. It's a struggle, and just thinking about Thompson Tommies gives me a bit of a stroke. I'm just hoping people blob them up so you can nade them just like how everyone seems to treat cavalry riflemen, assault engineers, and royal engineers.

22 Mar 2019, 12:12 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Panzerfusiliers with Shreks is a atrocity. Please NO.

Another commander with Calliope ? Nobody will choose again the USF Tatical Commander after Calliope + Rangers.

And the last one: Looks like this is the last chance to OKW and USF receive a sniper.

So lets change this?

USF v1. https://www.coh2.org/topic/88076/usf-urban-assault-feedback/post/732498

USF v2. https://www.coh2.org/topic/88076/usf-urban-assault-feedback/page/2#post_id732509

OKW: https://www.coh2.org/topic/88080/okw-grand-offensive-feedback/page/1#post_id732504
22 Mar 2019, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2019, 12:12 PMnigo
Panzerfusiliers with Shreks is a atrocity. Please NO.

Another thing is another commander with Calliope. Nobody will choose again the USF Tatical Commander after Calliope + Rangers.

And the last one: Looks like this is the last chance to OKW and USF receive a sniper.

So lets change this?

You haven't fought Pathfinders much have you? They're crazy good right now, I'd take them over a sniper, a sniper that can call in arty LOL
22 Mar 2019, 12:17 PM

Although i dislike handheld AT on all factions, i find it hypocritical people talking about pfussies shreks blobs in team games when every damn soviet playing is spamming penals + penals(ptrs) every damn game. Same crap with usf bazookas and piats on ukf

But if factions can upgrade hand held AT on a reliable platform(no not fukin panzergrenadiers and sturms) then OKW + OST should get them too.
22 Mar 2019, 12:24 PM

Every guy which talk like this: piats, zooks and PTRS not strong...should learn to use them. Look how awefull totsy loled around every game and there was no counter to this...look how easily a single pio kill a Ostwind...use them right in games and you have no problem with allies handheld AT....but giving same in ONE commander to axis is big no go...sounds like biased afraid of the own medicine..
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS