Login

russian armor

New Commander patchnotes discussion thread

PAGES (15)down
20 Mar 2019, 20:14 PM

I'm interested in SVT drop and IL-2 Rocket strafe
So far this commander does not affect any soviet commanders other those with DShK, and those are very small changes
Would be nice if other commanders like Advanced warfare got that thing instead of anemic version of IL-2 loiter
Same with SVT drop, it would be better off to try it as an upgrade and also give it to non-meta commanders like conscript support tactics and advanced warfare.
20 Mar 2019, 20:18 PM

What would you change about the E8? This unit is imho good, it's just inside a pretty meh doctrine. But that might change with the RE flamer being replaced by rifle nades and if they ninja-change the fire up ability with a small buff (just remove the exhaustion)

True, that doctrine really need some love.

Dozer Blades need to be bundled with something else.
But the Calliope and Ranger buffs are good.

But calliope and an urban commander focus is a bit contradicting.

20 Mar 2019, 20:18 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Thank you for response! And what with Panzers IV? Will they have any differences, except the default armor?

For now its a copy paste of the okw one. More armor, better scatter (less mobility and less rear armor too i think...)
20 Mar 2019, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 20:14 PMKirrik
I'm interested in SVT drop and IL-2 Rocket strafe
So far this commander does not affect any soviet commanders other those with DShK, and those are very small changes
Would be nice if other commanders like Advanced warfare got that thing instead of anemic version of IL-2 loiter
Same with SVT drop, it would be better off to try it as an upgrade and also give it to non-meta commanders like conscript support tactics and advanced warfare.

I like the idea of drop much more than the upgrade, you can share the SVT-40 with your allies.

-Panzerfusiliers at 250mp seems like a mistake. A volks replacement sounds like a cool thing, since volk spam is common, but if the new unit is going to be a viable alternative to volks, it has to be very good or OP. We saw this with JLI. Higher price would be fair for a support unit.

-This would be a good time to rearm Rangers with Garands to make them more different from Paratroopers.

-SVT drop is awkward. The only infantry units that could benefit from it are Conscripts, Combat Engineers, Royal Engineers, Rear Echelons, Pioneers, and Osttruppen. Every other unit picking it up is either receiving a sidegrade or downgrade. I know the drop is for the airborne theme, but is seems that it mostly encourages reverse lend-lease to teammates playing as other factions. Same design issue as the Vickers drop, but less useful. Why not just make it an upgrade for Conscripts and Engineers?

-What's with the new "unbundled" versions of abilities? Dozer Blades without 76mm Sherman, Volk MP40s without Sturmpioneer Flamethower.

-Rifle Grenades for Rear Echelons sounds fun, and a good alternative to Flamethrowers. I did the same thing with my Japan mod to fill that combat niche. Overall, the amount of reused stuff for USF is disappointing. The rifle grenades are really the only cool thing.
Senior Modmaker Badge

For now its a copy paste of the okw one. More armor, better scatter (less mobility and less rear armor too i think...)

I see, thank you! :)
20 Mar 2019, 20:25 PM

Why do paradropped Guards have smoke AND oorah, but no grenades? Are they supposed to smoke and flank with 3xLMG's?
20 Mar 2019, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 20:25 PMKirrik
Why do paradropped Guards have smoke AND oorah, but no grenades? Are they supposed to smoke and flank with 3xLMG's?

The current paratroopers concept is ridiculous - there is no benefit from parachuting: no explosives, no grenades. And I would prefer the buff of the worst machine gun of the game rather than the three worst machine guns in the game.
20 Mar 2019, 20:31 PM

Yeah, one would expect them to have demos/satchels or nades at very least. Whats the point of dropping those behind enemy lines when you cant surprise enemy the way falls or usf paratroopers do?
20 Mar 2019, 20:33 PM

-Panzerfusiliers at 250mp seems like a mistake. A volks replacement sounds like a cool thing, since volk spam is common, but if the new unit is going to be a viable alternative to volks, it has to be very good or OP. We saw this with JLI. Higher price would be fair for a support unit.

Panzerfusiliers are not a support unit. They are an alternative mainline infantry. And for 250MP, they initially perform worse than Volksgrenadiers. But right now they do have better scaling and the Schreck upgrade, as well as having the AT grenade from the start.
20 Mar 2019, 20:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2019, 20:31 PMKirrik
Yeah, one would expect them to have demos/satchels or nades at very least. Whats the point of dropping those behind enemy lines when you cant surprise enemy the way falls or usf paratroopers do?

I already suggested:
- 6 people armed paratrooper Mosin carbine / rifle (better accuracy and rate of fire) or SVT-40
- Improvements: either DP-27 or six PPSh-41 paratroopers (better accuracy and slightly longer range)
- abilities: RG-42 grenade, explosive charge
- 1st level of veteranism options: fearlessness (For the Motherland analog), 37-mm mortar-shovel / 50-mm mortar (paratroopers make a volley from 3-5 shells for ammunition)

This unit is useful for the destruction of howitzers, caches, etc. As well as elite infantry.

What a useless unit was shown to us.

I accept the concept only SVT-40 and DP-27, but the rest:
20 Mar 2019, 20:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised a post for being rather unconstructive.
20 Mar 2019, 20:43 PM

What would you change about the E8? This unit is imho good, it's just inside a pretty meh doctrine. But that might change with the RE flamer being replaced by rifle nades and if they ninja-change the fire up ability with a small buff (just remove the exhaustion)

I think people just want to see it in more doctrines. I love the unit (Its model is one of my favorite in the game), but there isnt really a point in picking Rifle Company especially in a faction that arguably has some of the better doctrine picks in the game. So it would be nice to see it in a new doctrine.

Also Rifle Company should get Cav Rifles, it fits the doctrine i think.
20 Mar 2019, 20:43 PM

I already suggested:
- 6 people armed paratrooper Mosin carbine / rifle (better accuracy and rate of fire) or SVT-40
- Improvements: either DP-27 or six PPSh-41 paratroopers (better accuracy and slightly longer range)
- abilities: RG-42 grenade, explosive charge
- 1st level of veteranism options: fearlessness (For the Motherland analog), 37-mm mortar-shovel / 50-mm mortar (paratroopers make a volley from 3-5 shells for ammunition)

This unit is useful for the destruction of howitzers, caches, etc. As well as elite infantry.

What a useless unit was shown to us.

New weapons and animations can not be added. So carbines, DP-27 or mortars are out of the question. Between Shock Troopers and PPSH Cons, Soviets hardly need another CQC squad.

Another thing to remember is that this is just the first iteration. All units and abilities can still be changed based on feedback in the coming weeks.
20 Mar 2019, 20:47 PM

Just my own personal opinion -

Replace the Dozer blades with the E8 in the USF commander so they can be reworked.

An M3 Lend-Lease supply HT for the UKF also sounds like a pretty interesting idea, it could also drop the M1 81mm mortar to save the slot for something else as well because I don't think the Brits would make that much more use from just a simple HT. Thinking about it now I would really like to see RoastinGhost's 4.2 inch mortar perhaps.

As far as the Wehrmacht goes their abilities seem a bit underwhelming when compared to others, changes to Ass Grens are nice but Breakthrough Equipment and the Panzer IV J seem like worse versions than the German infantry ability and the regular Panzer IV to be honest except that it already comes with the side skirts.

I also made a topic some time ago and people seemed to rather like the idea of an Ost KT instead of the Ace: https://www.coh2.org/topic/84930/tiger-ace-poll

Some form of repair and forward retreat point for these guys I think would be very nice as they would be the only Army left without a forward retreat point and their repairs are still lacking. A repair halftrack, the infantry upgrade from the German infantry doctrine or the Forward Supply HQ would solve the issue, especially the last one would be 2 birds with 1 stone.

OKW looks solid but I think that there would be a nice spot for a StuG there for some reason, there are even voice lines for use. Make it a little Mechanized sort of doctrine for them.

Again, just my opinion.
20 Mar 2019, 20:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I'm sorry but this looks just like last commander patch. The overall power ceiling of doctrines is completely unchecked in comparison to anything pre last revamp.

Panzerfusies available from CP0, encourages them, but then volks MP40s in the same doctrine? Like why?

Ranger at 350 manpower callin You're joking. Rangers are one of THE BEST anti infantry infantry squads in the game with their upgrade. Costing 10 more manpower than panzergrenadiers? OST is just supposed to pray to god their MG42 doesn't get outflanked or stolen at any part of the game? If so then kiss that matchup goodbye. Rangers did not need a buff, they needed to be in another doctrine.
20 Mar 2019, 20:49 PM

New weapons and animations can not be added. So carbines, DP-27 or mortars are out of the question. Between Shock Troopers and PPSH Cons, Soviets hardly need another CQC squad.

Another thing to remember is that this is just the first iteration. All units and abilities can still be changed based on feedback in the coming weeks.

There is no issues with their weapons, its their abilities is what not making any sense, smoke and sprint are useful for Shocks or PPSh cons, but not for 3xLMG squad.
20 Mar 2019, 20:58 PM

I do not know who invented and confirmed the current version of the Airborne, but it is absolutely illogical and weak:
Okay, they will be a ranged squad with SVT-40 and DP-27, which is well acceptable:
- but why ranged squad It has smoke grenade without a frag grenade? What would the enemy come near and kill them?
- What will they do in the rear of the enemy without explosives? Jump for a jump?
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS