Login

russian armor

New Commander patchnotes discussion thread

PAGES (15)down
31 Mar 2019, 13:08 PM

Let's not forget this. Pls guys

I asked Nigo to show these skins, because we couldn't find them in the files at first glance.
31 Mar 2019, 13:15 PM

I asked Nigo to show these skins, because we couldn't find them in the files at first glance.

They must be somewhere in the ardennes assault files

https://youtu.be/XtL8-PudM-w
31 Mar 2019, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 13:07 PMKatitof

Not sure about that, shocks have durability to close in, so do cons, AB guards, not so much.

A SMG squad with sprint and smoke grenades is probably a bit too annoying for Ostheer

Either the sprint or the Smoke Grenade needs to go from the PPsh upgrade IMO
31 Mar 2019, 13:24 PM

I'd rather see PPSH go from them all together, SVTs being replaced by con ppsh or con ptrs and SVT becoming stock T4 con upgrade.

Soviets don't really need 5th CQC PPSH squad. Shocks, cons, partisans and assault guards already exist.
31 Mar 2019, 13:28 PM
Senior Editor Badge

They appear only in one or two missions. One of them is the second mission (Marche). Airborne, Rangers and others are more darker than normal.

Maybe these skins are map dependent or some kind of light map options. Unfortunately I dont have free time to check this and make Ardennes misions again.

They must be somewhere in the ardennes assault files

https://youtu.be/XtL8-PudM-w

Looks like they appear on 1:16 minute on this video. Like I said, they looks more darker than normal.

31 Mar 2019, 13:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 13:28 PMnigo

They appear only in one or two missions. One of them is the second mission (Marche). Airborne, Rangers and others are more darker than normal.

Maybe these skins are map dependent or some kind of light map options. Unfortunately I dont have free time to check this and make Ardennes misions again.

Looks like they appear on 1:16 minute on this video. Like I said, they looks more darker than normal.

It actually seems all the rangers in the video have the same "skin", but in winter maps it gets a darker tone. All have backpacks for sure.
Probably there's 2 different AA skins for rangers, both better than the generic ones we have here and one for winter and one for summer and it just happens that the summer one is "closer" to the actual multiplayer skin without backpack.

Can try to take a look. What kind of file format should i look for ?
31 Mar 2019, 13:45 PM

I can find the same skin on pinpoint artillery section as well.
31 Mar 2019, 14:06 PM

From what I can tell, these are the same skins. Ardennes Assault just uses pretty dark lightning settings on most maps (compare the shade of the snow in the two pictures) which makes the models appear a bit darker. I also checked the second mission, and the Rangers that appear in the beginning there have the normal multiplayer skins as well.
31 Mar 2019, 14:09 PM

So it's just a lightning effect.
31 Mar 2019, 14:18 PM

250mp and 5 men sounds so cheap for a squad with access to double shrecks. This will most definitely be blobbed in conjuntion with tactical movement.

Why not just give access to double shrecks for sturms? 300mp and 4 men sounds more reasonable for such strong AT.

Didn't find this 9 days ago but +1
31 Mar 2019, 21:30 PM

My thoughts so far on Version 2.0:

- I personally think both Calliope and Assault Grenadiers are in a perfect spot now, no further changes needed

- IL-2 rocket strafe still seems weird. It is devastating vs infantry but bad vs vehicles.

- IL-2 supression strafe from guards definitely needs to be nerfed. The plane comes so extremely fast that it makes dodging almost impossible and it can wipe full health squads

- Ohraa as well as smoke nade on PPsh guards maybe is a bit too strong

- Fusiliers should -imho- stay at 250 but have their veterancy slightly nerfed

31 Mar 2019, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2019, 07:31 AMVipper

Simpler solution being built from base HQ and not from T3 or T4.

Would that not let you bypass needing to actually build either tier to get the p4? Or does it unlock when either of the structures is put down?

Cuz if you can just tech battle-phase 2 and build it without tier-3 down, that's a problem.
1 Apr 2019, 03:31 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Please keep your posts in this thread to that of feedback to the proposed commanders. Thank you :)
1 Apr 2019, 09:42 AM

Would that not let you bypass needing to actually build either tier to get the p4? Or does it unlock when either of the structures is put down?

Cuz if you can just tech battle-phase 2 and build it without tier-3 down, that's a problem.

Requirement could be either T3 building or T4 building. The suggestion simply eliminate the need to have the unit built from 2 separate buildings.
1 Apr 2019, 10:30 AM

With the current performance of airborne guards I think they should be reduced to 5 or 4 men squads.
1 Apr 2019, 12:47 PM

@Andy_RE

COMMUNITY VOTED SUGGESTIONS FOR EVENTUAL CHANGES.
(Most of the suggestions here have been actively voted in polls, a few are just from threads discussions)

- Commanders

1) Rebalance Panzerfusiliers to be a Guard-Boys at rifles like unit. That would solve the issue of the unit having to start with less models. Consider non doctrinal options for an eventual double shrecks upgrade.

2) Replace Satchels with AT satchels for Panzergrebadiers in breakthrough equipment for OST new doctrine. Add standard Satchel or demolition charge to Pioneers 30 muni upgrade.

3) People want Easy 8 in the new USF commander.

4) Has been suggested to give Call-in vehicles (including non doc king tiger tho) a cooldown upon unit destruction, toand address the call in meta of people instantly replacing losses.

- Non commander related suggestions (add this here in hope that a patch for nondoc units is planned as well)

1)Some heavy tanks have been nerfed way too much. King Tiger for example in CC3 showed bad performances and pretty much most people agree on it being bad. For other tanks are up for some people and op for others, i suggest a closer look at all heavy tanks.

2) Cons are generally regarded as a subpar choice. Several people agreed in a poll to giving the squad a non doc upgrade.

3) After the nerfs, the Walking Stuka happens to have, as proven in testing, the worst potential against buildings in game. Nontheless, one of the past issues of the unit, its ability to deny team weapons and artillery usage, is generally viewed as still present with Stuka current iteration. At this point, as a result of a Poll, the majority of people agreed upon trying to rebalance it to have a normal circular barrage.

4) For a while people have been suggesting to make some simple changes to OKW teching in a similar way to what happened to USF. That includes splitting in half the costs of Tier 3 to unlock Jpz 4 and Obers (but keep the mg34 upgrade for full tier 3) before and the ability to set hq's as their upgrade only (medical station or repair stations) paying only the cost of its upgrade, and eventually pay the actual teching cosf to unlock the units within.

5) An issue highlighted by @Miragefla, Panzergrenadiers have a rather hard time to fight and scale. Several approaches were suggested, including giving Panzergrenadiers STG44 (a bit less) than double the dps and give 2 stg and 2 mp40 to the squads, ij a way that dying models pass STG to the others with mp40. This is meant to give the 4 men squad the ability to retain a larger part of its dps after the first 2 models lost, helping it greatly without buffing its durability.

Other users including me highlighted how accorsing to Cruzz database dps charts G43 for Panzergrens are actually a straight up downgrade. Unless the live values are different, it would be wise to either rework or remove the upgrade.

Edit: Added a 5th non commander proposed change, buffing kubelwagen speed and rotation speed. Many find kubelwagen to be not worth at its current state.

Edit 2: Ostwind is REALLY BAD, in dire need of a buff. People have proposed several solutions, like moving it to Tier 4 and put Stug 3E to Tier 3, so Ostwind could be buffed in its AI and soft AT quite a bit with no issues of having a too high shock value, and to move Brummbar to the doctrines having Stug 3E.
1 Apr 2019, 14:38 PM

4) Has been suggested to give Call-in vehicles (including non doc king tiger tho) a cooldown upon unit destruction, toand address the call in meta of people instantly replacing losses.

I know these ideas are very off-topic but this would be a really amazing change actually. Either like this or every heavy tank call-in requires a certain amount of CP and full tech like the KT.

1 Apr 2019, 14:41 PM

My thoughts so far on Version 2.0:
- I personally think both Calliope and Assault Grenadiers are in a perfect spot now, no further changes needed

I personally felt that Assgrens still underperformed in all games i played with the 1.0 versions. They died like flies without doing much damage to the enemy, The small buff in 2.0 didnt seem to solve that problem (see feedback in Wehrmacht thread). Thats why im surprised by your opinion.
My question is: Did you play the 2.0 version ("thinking" based on test experience) or do you "just" think Assgrens are solid because of the patchnotes?

1 Apr 2019, 15:01 PM

I personally felt that Assgrens still underperformed in all games i played with the 1.0 versions. They died like flies without doing much damage to the enemy, The small buff in 2.0 didnt seem to solve that problem (see feedback in Wehrmacht thread). Thats why im surprised by your opinion.
My question is: Did you play the 2.0 version ("thinking" based on test experience) or do you "just" think Assgrens are solid because of the patchnotes?

I played multiple games with version 2.0 yesterday, using assgrens
1 Apr 2019, 15:14 PM

I played multiple games with version 2.0 yesterday, using assgrens

Ok, good to hear! Could you post some of your experiences with the unit / commander?
There are so many guys who post in this thread without ever testing the mod so it would be really helpful to get some real information!
I'm especially interested in:
- Build order with Assgrens
- Assgren performance
- How good is "breakthrough equipment"?
- Worth of the new PZIV

Thank you in advance!
Smartie

PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 18