27%
Total votes: 219
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Mar 2019, 05:45 AM

I
12 Mar 2019, 09:49 AM

the ostwind is an absolute joke .
12 Mar 2019, 10:17 AM

AA could use some work. Moving accuracy could be better.

Its cheaper than a centaur, but that doesn't count for much. If it has to get bumped to 90 fuel to have some impact, so be it, but right now its just sort of sad.
12 Mar 2019, 10:42 AM

Move the rate of fire from vet 2 or maybe even vet 3 to vet 0 and it should be fine. Add increased damage to vet 3.
12 Mar 2019, 11:12 AM

If you buff base stats you will need to nerf vet 2 and 3. Otherwise you will have launch centuar on your hands.

Buff the AA and leave it at that, the unit is a beast at vet.
12 Mar 2019, 11:14 AM

A number of Suggested Changes:

Increase the utility of the unit, like vet 1 ability a timed ability that suppress but does little damage, increase performance vs enemy light vehicles...

Replace Ostwind with Stug so that Ostheer get an indirect fire support unit in T3. Move Ostwind to T4 and buff so that it can be used to support Panthers. Make Brumbar doctrinal similar to KV-2 maybe (it was superior). These solution will fix a number of units and problem.

Remove minimal range
12 Mar 2019, 12:13 PM

Move the rate of fire from vet 2 or maybe even vet 3 to vet 0 and it should be fine. Add increased damage to vet 3.

I agree, with a slight rework of the veterancy of course, though I would also add a small buff to penetration so it can have a role as an earlier light tank counter for when you're in trouble and can't afford to wait for a P4.
With the Ostwind's bad accuracy it would be strong enough to keep these light vehicles at bay, kill them when it catches them out of position, but wouldn't roflstomp them on every encounter.
12 Mar 2019, 12:44 PM

With the Ostwind's bad accuracy it would be strong enough to keep these light vehicles at bay, kill them when it catches them out of position, but wouldn't roflstomp them on every encounter.

I'd go further. I'd make it as good as the Panzer IV at killing T-70s.

That might sound crazy, but consider the consequences for a moment.

If the P4 and the Ostwind can counter the light vehicle threat, then suddenly P4 vs Ostwind becomes a decision. The Ostwind becomes a solid first vehicle with that 30 FU tradeoff being the ability to fight medium tanks.

That has the knock-on effect of injecting some diversity into allied teching: if the first enemy medium is a LV-killing Ostwind, then an Allied Medium is a solid counter. Then the enemy can roll out a StuG or P4, and you create a nice teching back and forth.
12 Mar 2019, 13:43 PM

I agree, with a slight rework of the veterancy of course, though I would also add a small buff to penetration so it can have a role as an earlier light tank counter for when you're in trouble and can't afford to wait for a P4.

Yeh I think the perfect penetration on Ostwind would be that it can reliably penetrate a Stuart, but struggles hard vs anything above.

Few days ago I saw an Ostwind getting rekt by a lone stuart :bananadance:
12 Mar 2019, 14:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Buff AA, maybe give it more utility with suppression (hull mgs can suppress with bulletins, make it do so with ability or passively), increase pen.
12 Mar 2019, 15:18 PM

Moving accuracy buff would probably help so long as it doesn't become too toxic with chasing down retreating squads like old Centaur. Would be cool if Vet 1 was an ability to Hull-Down and add suppression/improve AA performance. It 100% needs some kind of buff .
12 Mar 2019, 15:19 PM

Buff AA, maybe give it more utility with suppression (hull mgs can suppress with bulletins, make it do so with ability or passively), increase pen.

The inability of Ostwind to fight light vehicles is not simply a matter of penetration.

It's a contamination of factors like low armor values, low accuracy (22.5% chance to hit a T-70 on the move) and medium scatter (too high vs infatry half of that of an T-70) too low vs vehicles to get collision hits and low penetration. (Chance to hit and penetrate a T-70 is about 11.25%, on the move max range)

One should either give the unit 2 types of munition or change the way it deals damage and make it similar to Centaur. (Auto-cannon performance should be standardized in their mechanics any way)

Moving accuracy buff would probably help so long as it doesn't become too toxic with chasing down retreating squads like old Centaur. Would be cool if Vet 1 was an ability to Hull-Down and add suppression/improve AA performance. It 100% needs some kind of buff .

Ostwind uses AOE so even with better accuracy on the move it would not change much. Centuart uses accuracy in auto-fire and AOE in ability so it is different story.
12 Mar 2019, 16:29 PM

You could make it a really big Flak HT I guess. I reckon it'd be pretty frustating to play against though.

Making it a reliable light vehicle killer but weak against mediums I reckon is the play. That gives you a reason to build it before a P4.
12 Mar 2019, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 11:14 AMVipper
Replace Ostwind with Stug so that Ostheer get an indirect fire support unit in T3. Move Ostwind to T4 and buff so that it can be used to support Panthers. Make Brumbar doctrinal similar to KV-2 maybe (it was superior). These solution will fix a number of units and problem.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2019, 11:08 AMVipper

Actually imo the game would be at good spot by now if Relic did not keep redesigning factions every 6 months...

Legit

Diffrent vet 1 ability is a good idea though. Like the suppression ability. This with better AA capabilities and let's just see how it goes
12 Mar 2019, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 11:14 AMVipper

Increase the utility of the unit, like vet 1 ability a timed ability that suppress but does little damage, increase performance vs enemy light vehicles...

Remove minimal range

This is the single best idea. If Ostw is going to be a "mobile AA" then take it to T4. Make it 100% acc againts planes (it has the slowest RoF) if it has to be the "AI / AA" like once centaur was, definitely buff its RoF and durability.
Some will say "if you get 2 of those they are beast" but who wastes that much resourse to dominate AI so late in a match (the only reason i find its because you already won) and others say "its veterancy makes him a beast" well again, there is but no way for Ostw to achieve that, even a single zooks makes risky its use.
If a overall buff is intended then buff its penn and suppression. Ostw its a joke against other LVs.

Brumbarr docrtinal and buffed sounds great too.
12 Mar 2019, 18:08 PM

Ostwind fucking sucks at everything.
12 Mar 2019, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 12:44 PMLago

I'd go further. I'd make it as good as the Panzer IV at killing T-70s.

That might sound crazy, but consider the consequences for a moment.

If the P4 and the Ostwind can counter the light vehicle threat, then suddenly P4 vs Ostwind becomes a decision. The Ostwind becomes a solid first vehicle with that 30 FU tradeoff being the ability to fight medium tanks.

That has the knock-on effect of injecting some diversity into allied teching: if the first enemy medium is a LV-killing Ostwind, then an Allied Medium is a solid counter. Then the enemy can roll out a StuG or P4, and you create a nice teching back and forth.

I think this needs more discussion. I really like this idea. Not only does it add that choice for ostheer, it then creates a new dynamic for allies too! Do you go for the light tank knowing they can pull an ostwind and flip the tables on you, or skip it hoping to get your medium out sooner.

That and a vet rework might be enough to make it attractive.
12 Mar 2019, 19:48 PM

I think this needs more discussion. I really like this idea. Not only does it add that choice for ostheer, it then creates a new dynamic for allies too! Do you go for the light tank knowing they can pull an ostwind and flip the tables on you, or skip it hoping to get your medium out sooner.

That and a vet rework might be enough to make it attractive.

Do you think it warrants its own thread?
12 Mar 2019, 20:08 PM

Increased ROF (mainly for AA), ability to fight light vehicles reliably, and a suppression ability would be great.
12 Mar 2019, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2019, 19:48 PMLago

Do you think it warrants its own thread?

I think it's a really interesting concept and would love to see it discussed. If you feel it might get more traction in its own thread where we can shamelessly discuss cause and effect in down.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★