Login

russian armor

Discuss for the votes

PAGES (11)down
28 Feb 2019, 17:32 PM

We're kind of passed that point seeing as how Guard Motor, Shock Rifle, Armor Company, Mechanized, Special Ops, and most importantly Heavy Calvary already exist. I'd argue that 1 LMG Rifle isn't "superior" to 2X Bars so much as it is a different damage profile or play style. Adding LMG + EZ 8 is just another choice compared to Ranger + Pershing, Calv Rifle + 76MM or Ass Engineers + Bulldozer/M10 - it's not exactly novel or blatantly better than existing USF commanders.

Not really.
M1919 does not take all weapon slots.
M1919 allow faster access to tanks while keeping one's riflemen strong since one does not have to unlock weapon racks.
Special Op is rather Vamp Ober or Command panther (unless 4vs4)
Pershing/Dozer are call-in tanks not related to tech.
(The list can go on but is rather pointless in the this thread).

Easy8s with their superior AT capabilities supported by infatry with access to flamer and LMG will prove problematic.

There is large number of commander that have problematic designs and creating one more does not actual fix that.

Finally this patch should focus on creating new commanders not fixing design issues of other commanders.
28 Feb 2019, 19:06 PM

I would like to discuss the commander Guards Airborne corp - there are a lot of slots that make minimal use:
- an ally supply drop is a useful ability, but I think it conflicts with the IL-2 because it spends ammunition.
- DShK possible option - an extremely bad variant, one overnerfed machine gun (no one uses it now) takes up a full slot.
- M-42 - would be an extremely bad option if only the gun is dropped, If this is an anti-tank group: a cannon plus a crew that can buy anti-tank weapons (ptrs or better bazooka as a stronger option for reinforcement of paratroopers), M-42 take the commander from the city battle or make a more anti-tank version: switches shells to sabot (as Sherman with 76 -mm cannon)?
28 Feb 2019, 19:34 PM

M-42 and DShK in same commander is pointless, they are both are kinda bad anti-infantry weapons and bad anti-light vehicle weapons, having both in same doctrine is reduntant. Not even going to point out that currently even maxim is better than DShK as suppession/AI damage weapon

Having fuel drop in same doctrine as recon and strafes/bombs is pointless you can never have that many munitions to utilize all of that.

Airdropped DPs are "why?" tier, why not utilize ZiS truck to drop them and PTRS, like UKF Special Weapons truck does

Assault Guards would need same buffs Shocks got and at very least Sprint ability, they dont have Shocks armor or damage output by the time they close the gap they would already need to retreat otherwise
Also, would be good if they had cloak-less models so everyone could quickly recognize they are not normal Guards just by looking.
28 Feb 2019, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 17:32 PMVipper

Finally this patch should focus on creating new commanders not fixing design issues of other commanders.

We'll have to agree to disagree but I think it's quite possible to do both. In fact I think it's quite evident that the options that were chosen for voting reflect an interest by Relic to bring less used/UP units and abilities into scope for balancing so that other commanders benefit from the testing process. The balance team has a history of doing as such during the revamps and will probably do so again. That is why I made my suggestion because Rifle Company is an easy commander to make a few changes and be made usable again. I'm not married to the idea of adding M1919s but adding something else in a new slot and adding Flares to Special Support if it's chosen would make both the theoretical new commander better and Rifle Company better - which is a clear win/win for me.
28 Feb 2019, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 19:34 PMKirrik
M-42 and DShK in same commander is pointless, they are both are kinda bad anti-infantry weapons and bad anti-light vehicle weapons, having both in same doctrine is reduntant. Not even going to point out that currently even maxim is better than DShK as suppession/AI damage weapon

Having fuel drop in same doctrine as recon and strafes/bombs is pointless you can never have that many munitions to utilize all of that.

Airdropped DPs are "why?" tier, why not utilize ZiS truck to drop them and PTRS, like UKF Special Weapons truck does

Assault Guards would need same buffs Shocks got and at very least Sprint ability, they dont have Shocks armor or damage output by the time they close the gap they would already need to retreat otherwise

The M-42 can be useful if it will only fire with sabot projectiles (for the paratroopers, this makes sense since they need maximum efficiency in the enemy's rear) and shoot quickly.

The reconnaissance aircraft and the bomb makes sense, I am now playing with one commander: guardsmen, reconnaissance aircraft, IL-2 bomb strike, ML-20 howitzer. Because in every match there is a howitzer spam, and you know teammates practically do not take the commander with recon and bombs and I am the only one who resists this spam.
28 Feb 2019, 19:50 PM

The fact that DShk mashine gun is currently weak doesn't mean it will be after the new commander patch.

It's funny when people complain that this or that commander concept is stupid becouse units inside are weak/useless. All abilities inside all 5 new incoming commanders will get ajusted, revamped, balanced. The fact this unit is in that commander allow balance team to change it proparely. Just keep that in mind.

I would like to discuss the commander Guards Airborne corp - there are a lot of slots that make minimal use:
- an ally supply drop is a useful ability, but I think it conflicts with the IL-2 because it spends ammunition.

Supply drop, weapon drop, medic drop, etc. you will use in mid game after let's say 4 CPs. IL-2 is available at least after 10 CPs. That;s a lot of time where you can spend your ammo so i don't see any problem here.
28 Feb 2019, 19:52 PM

Because it is broken and should be removed too.

Assault-Grens should spawn with smaller target-sice, now they get at Vet1 -10% received accuracy and with Vet2 -29% incoming accuracy. So why not split that and buff it a little bit?

Vet0: -5% received accuracy at AND -5% received accuracy
Vet1: -10% received accuracy, -25% sprint ability recharge time
Vet2: -25% cooldown, -30% incoming accuracy
Vet3: +40% accuracy, +25% range on Grenade Assault

28 Feb 2019, 20:02 PM

- DShK possible option - an extremely bad variant, one overnerfed machine gun (no one uses it now) takes up a full slot.
- M-42 - would be an extremely bad option if only the gun is dropped, If this is an anti-tank group: a cannon plus a crew that can buy anti-tank weapons (ptrs or better bazooka as a stronger option for reinforcement of paratroopers), M-42 take the commander from the city battle or make a more anti-tank version: switches shells to sabot (as Sherman with 76 -mm cannon)?

You make good points, I like the idea of having DSHK as a slot so that it's in scope to be tweaked as it's definitely underwhelming in the live version of game. In my own submission I suggested that the Guards be given the Recon Paratrooper's treatment and given two upgrade paths for either AT (prefer bazookas myself) or some kind of AI (PPSH/Thompson). Airborne Guards with an AT upgrade could fill in the M42 slot and be used in Tier 1 builds alongside the DSHK. I personally don't want either Recon or IL2 strafe since they are done to death in vanilla commanders and would prefer the PTAB AT Bombs so that they are in more than 1 commander. It's very hard to be thematic with this commander without it being a munitions black hole - maybe some kind of glider or airdropped vehicle in exchange for fuel if it's possible? Air-dropped M10? *wink wink*

28 Feb 2019, 20:03 PM

Soviet Airborne could get some "Lend Lease" units: The UK carrier would be a really good choice.
US or UK AT gun could also be an option.
28 Feb 2019, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 20:03 PMSmartie

Soviet Airborne could get some "Lend Lease" units: The UK carrier would be a really good choice.
US or UK AT gun could also be an option.

There is a special UC "weapons carrier" in the mod files which would be interesting to see for the Soviets.

An M1 57mm/6 pounder AT gun being air dropped also sounds pretty interesting but I don't know if that's pushing the limits of lend-lease abilities in a non-lend lease doctrine.
28 Feb 2019, 20:17 PM

You make good points, I like the idea of having DSHK as a slot so that it's in scope to be tweaked as it's definitely underwhelming in the live version of game. In my own submission I suggested that the Guards be given the Recon Paratrooper's treatment and given two upgrade paths for either AT (prefer bazookas myself) or some kind of AI (PPSH/Thompson). Airborne Guards with an AT upgrade could fill in the M42 slot and be used in Tier 1 builds alongside the DSHK. I personally don't want either Recon or IL2 strafe since they are done to death in vanilla commanders and would prefer the PTAB AT Bombs so that they are in more than 1 commander. It's very hard to be thematic with this commander without it being a munitions black hole - maybe some kind of glider or airdropped vehicle in exchange for fuel if it's possible? Air-dropped M10? *wink wink*

Unfortunately, the M10 cannot be parachuted (although the USSR received about 54 M-10), the Soviets could transport the BA-64, T-37/38/41 and T-40 and this would be a cool option if these tanks could be landed behind enemy lines.
You can add Guards T-34-85 as a reinforcement commander - with smoke bombs and sabotage shells.

Also, all parachutists have self-healing with Lutheranism, Soviet paratroopers also require self-healing.
28 Feb 2019, 20:18 PM

You could take from ardennes assault campaign upgrade where your rifles can throw satchel charges, which could fit in urban battle style commander. Assault engineers could also be option, at least i want second commander choice for them.
28 Feb 2019, 20:33 PM

-A looted PPSh upgrade locked behind a later battle phase could help them scale better without using more StGs.

-If the Breakthrough ability is in consideration, what if it also gave tanks heavy crush during that time (for map objects, not squishing guys)? That would allow tanks to approach from more angles, open up sight lines for the longest-range faction, and is a decent play on words as well.

-People know about the Red Banner T-34/85, but have they seen it? It's one of the worst skins in the game, like Tiger Ace level.
28 Feb 2019, 20:36 PM

Unfortunately, the M10 cannot be parachuted (although the USSR received about 54 M-10), the Soviets could transport the BA-64, T-37/38/41 and T-40 and this would be a cool option if these tanks could be landed behind enemy lines.
You can add Guards T-34-85 as a reinforcement commander - with smoke bombs and sabotage shells.

Also, all parachutists have self-healing with Lutheranism, Soviet paratroopers also require self-healing.

I'd be okay with the Red Banner Command T34/85 that was suggested for the Deep Battle Tactics finding it's way to this commander. Another idea would be some kind of light vehicle that could lay beacons in lieu of pathfinders and serve other functions.
28 Feb 2019, 21:04 PM

Because it is broken and should be removed too.

Assault-Grens should spawn with smaller target-sice, now they get at Vet1 -10% received accuracy and with Vet2 -29% incoming accuracy. So why not split that and buff it a little bit?

Vet0: -5% received accuracy at AND -5% received accuracy
Vet1: -10% received accuracy, -25% sprint ability recharge time
Vet2: -25% cooldown, -30% incoming accuracy
Vet3: +40% accuracy, +25% range on Grenade Assault

M3 dropping Piats and Vickers is broken? Forward Assembly literally does exactly that on top of healing or FRP. Do you even play Brits?
28 Feb 2019, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 21:04 PMKirrik

M3 dropping Piats and Vickers is broken? Forward Assembly literally does exactly that on top of healing or FRP. Do you even play Brits?

He probably means drops for soviets, because they are irrelevant for USF.

It also creates synergy between factions and we all know that synergy = batshit op if opponent has it, but balance/underpowered when you have it, like donating shitload of fuel to OKW as ost.
28 Feb 2019, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 21:24 PMKatitof

It also creates synergy between factions and we all know that synergy = batshit op if opponent has it, but balance/underpowered when you have it, like donating shitload of fuel to OKW as ost.

That makes even less sense then. They are considering airdropped DPs, which is even more convinient
ZiS dropped DPs would additionally cost truck and popcap compared to just dropping them from air.
Plus USF and OKW paratropeer doctrines have some ways of reinforcing on field via beacons or skillplanes, while truck from campaign still an unused asset.
28 Feb 2019, 22:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 21:04 PMKirrik

It is broken because of team-play, by pushing penals etc. The funktion should be replaced by an upgrade for 1x light Vickers for Tommies like the LMG42 upgrade for Grens. The M3 should get maybe a little aura like OKW Opel Blitz.

The current truck is simply a fail-design.
Or what would you think about Volks/Obers with 2xLMG42 dropped by an Ostheer-Teammate?
28 Feb 2019, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 21:24 PMKatitof

It is broken because of team-play, by pushing penals etc. The funktion should be replaced by an upgrade for 1x light Vickers for Tommies like the LMG42 upgrade for Grens. The M3 should get maybe a little aura like OKW Opel Blitz.

The current truck is simply a fail-design.
Or what would you think about Volks/Obers with 2xLMG42 dropped by an Ostheer-Teammate?

Ah yes, there we go, it's started already.
28 Feb 2019, 22:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2019, 14:56 PMVipper

People have every right to disagree with my opinion.
On the other hand people also did not hear the feedback for the latest revamp when I pointed out that:
Sector assault was problematic (nerfed 2 times already)
Valentine was problematic (now limited to 1)
JLI was problematic (nerfed 1)
or
That ST should get bonus damage vs building
Or
That ATG air drop should be replaced by pack howitzer

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
United States 2
South Africa 1
unknown 9