Login

russian armor

Conscript Utility

PAGES (14)down
12 Feb 2019, 09:48 AM

Where is your proof?

What do i need to prove? What he stated is on a few pages back.
12 Feb 2019, 15:46 PM

What do i need to prove? What he stated is on a few pages back.

Perhaps if you don't have to post proof, neither does he?
12 Feb 2019, 15:56 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised offtopic posts
12 Feb 2019, 18:05 PM

its 2019 and they don't have a single weapon upgrade. every other factions main starting infantry have weapon upgrades. at least give them one dp-28. even if you have to increase there cost. they don't even scale mid game let alone late game.
12 Feb 2019, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2019, 18:05 PMDAZ187
its 2019 and they don't have a single weapon upgrade. every other factions main starting infantry have weapon upgrades. at least give them one dp-28. even if you have to increase there cost. they don't even scale mid game let alone late game.

A good test would be to add a commander which allows you to upgrade Cons with a DP28 and go from there.
12 Feb 2019, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2019, 18:09 PMGrim

A good test would be to add a commander which allows you to upgrade Cons with a DP28 and go from there.

Cons are already the only core unit in the game that is nearly worthless without a proper commander, adding another commander only buff doesn't fix that.
12 Feb 2019, 20:13 PM

The main infantry of the soviets is not the conscripts but the penals. The soviets have always been build around commander providing callins or weapon upgrades
12 Feb 2019, 20:22 PM

Penals replaced the Cons in higher game modes due to late game and better veteran bonus. Last time I saw a Cons being decent and actually viable was before the PPSH nerf but then again that was a bit OP for low MP squad with high DPS at close range.
12 Feb 2019, 20:27 PM

Perhaps if you don't have to post proof, neither does he?

If i did something simaler yes. But i did not do such a thing.

But back to cons and how ineffective they seem. I feel cons dont need anything atm. Penals do the damage cons cant do. Giving them non doc weaon upgrade is not the answer imo. Only cons pricing seems to be wrong to me because off how efficient volks are.

12 Feb 2019, 20:57 PM

Why not give ppshs and ability hit to dirt for cons? Lock them inside upgrade. Problem solved. Because only cons with ppsh good enough with current state. No need to change states of units, all happy.
12 Feb 2019, 22:36 PM

Cons are already the only core unit in the game that is nearly worthless without a proper commander, adding another commander only buff doesn't fix that.

I agree. What I meant re a commander only upgrade at first was then we could see what difference it made on a smaller and safer scale. No need for a new commander, just swap the ability onto one of the the 74 unused soviet commanders we already have.

Or just make them Con-struppen and lower the price.
12 Feb 2019, 23:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2019, 22:36 PMGrim

I agree. What I meant re a commander only upgrade at first was then we could see what difference it made on a smaller and safer scale. No need for a new commander, just swap the ability onto one of the the 74 unused soviet commanders we already have.

Or just make them Con-struppen and lower the price.

I fear that a bit too much work and tbh I fear the impact just throwing a weapon on a squad designed to simply be plentiful (like we've already seen in the most recent axis faction)

I still thrill that making them cheaper is the best course of action, it even delayed via later techs. Where other faction mainline scale with firepower conscripts would scale with durability and being easier to replace. Since Soviet fighting infantry are all 300mp or more I think this would offer a good contrast and fit their intended design better. A squad that scales purely with vet isn't expendable, one that also doesn't do damage is that much worse.
13 Feb 2019, 00:11 AM

Reduce cons cost. Next patch cons get nerfed bcos they become too cost effective. Then cons get cost reduction again. Repeat loop until cost reaches 0 or cons get removed from the actual game.
13 Feb 2019, 00:14 AM

cons are "special" for not having weapon upgrades. Thats why their vet3 is so good.
Also, because weapons can drop sometimes, cons could use that steal mechanic for their benefit. No one mentions it as something good, but rather a bad thing. Doctrinal upgrades still count.
13 Feb 2019, 09:03 AM

Reduce cons cost. Next patch cons get nerfed bcos they become too cost effective. Then cons get cost reduction again. Repeat loop until cost reaches 0 or cons get removed from the actual game.

Oh yeah, because it worked exactly this way for obers, sturmpios, PGs and so on.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS