Login

russian armor

All the things Penals can annihilate

24 Jan 2019, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 15:05 PMLago

You might want to double check that one.

Penal PTRS and PTRS Penals are not the same thing.

Well some people seem to believe that even PTRS Penals "next to useless against infantry" but I will remove your name since you did not make that claim. My apologies for the misrepresentation.
24 Jan 2019, 17:30 PM

fixed it for you. Welcome! :P

But there will come some ppl which will tell you:
- the earth is round
- vaccines prevent diseases
- its your own fault when u let satchel your tanks
> you must be dumb, brainafk, and learn2play issue when u get satcheled tanks (though sometimes even the best players get satcheled many times because they got outplayed with fog of war or micro mistakes)

24 Jan 2019, 18:53 PM

Ptrs upgrade is definitely I an AI hit. On top of the reduced stats of the weapon itself its also 2 less weapons used on the move. It IS an AI downgrade. They might still be dealing damage with them while fully vetted, but not as much as a 300mp squad maybe should.

Despite that I do think they should be cheaper on MP and have to chose either svt or Ptrs instead of easily transitioning from fantastic AI to defensive AT as it's a smooth transition rather than a good player choice.
25 Jan 2019, 10:14 AM

Permanently Banned
Only thing about penals I don't get is that they specifically buffed the ptrs damage against infantry. That encourages blobbing and spamming penals. No other handheld at weapons do infantry damage. Schreck pgrens anti-inf is basically reduced to probably only being able to kill unupgraded combat engis while prts penals are still decent vs infantry AND has a snare.
25 Jan 2019, 10:23 AM

Only thing about penals I don't get is that they specifically buffed the ptrs damage against infantry. That encourages blobbing and spamming penals. No other handheld weapons do infantry damage. Schreck pgrens anti-inf is basically reduced to probably only being able to kill unupgraded combat engis while prts penals are still decent vs infantry AND has a snare.

What are you talking about? They did the exact opposite: they nerfed Penal and Conscript PTRS anti-infantry damage so they wouldn't be like Guards.

A Penal PTRS rifle has a maximum of 0.423 DPS. That's about as much damage as an Ostheer Pioneer firing at maximum range.
25 Jan 2019, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 09:42 AMhooosh
  • Thanks to their AT satchel ability, they can destroy any vehicle in game. Even the heaviest ones.
  • All kinds of structures.
  • All types of support weapon teams.

They should be less versatile. Remove the AT satchel as it is the cheesiest ability I've ever experienced and it is simply not needed aside from looking cool. Or reduce the range by half at the very least. And their regular satchel needs a massive price increase.

Last topic on the balance forum and I am waiting for some great discussions guys.

Agreed it is quite ridiculous. Being able to destroy any building so easily and pretty much anything else and at the beginning of the game . It needs a massive cost increase or its damage output halved.
25 Jan 2019, 15:11 PM

Only thing about penals I don't get is that they specifically buffed the ptrs damage against infantry. That encourages blobbing and spamming penals. No other handheld at weapons do infantry damage. Schreck pgrens anti-inf is basically reduced to probably only being able to kill unupgraded combat engis while prts penals are still decent vs infantry AND has a snare.

Shrek panzer grens can pop off 240 damage with guaranteed pen with naught but an instant in range. PTRS penals could pop off 80 damage if they are lucky and both pen if the enemy stays in range for a second or so. There is a HUGE difference in AT potential, so yea, the 6 man squad with the worst AT weapon in game can fight infantry a bit better than the 4 man squad with 2 of the best. Go figure....

PTRS' are the molotov of AT. It'll fuck you up, if yuu sit there and lit it plink away your health but if you can figure out how to move, you'll be fine.
25 Jan 2019, 22:53 PM

Agreed it is quite ridiculous. Being able to destroy any building so easily and pretty much anything else and at the beginning of the game . It needs a massive cost increase or its damage output halved.

The longest fuse giving plenty time to evacuate, the shortest range making it the least likely snare to conect. These 2 things justify its price and damage.

The normal satchal will not kill anything mostly because of the long timer. Hence high damage to denei garrisons. Its primary function.
The range on the at satchel is so short it use is very limited. Thus doing big damage if something finaly gets into range.

If you cant use these two glaring weaknesses to your advantidge its on you.

26 Jan 2019, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 13:00 PMVipper

2 PTRS out 6 is actually 2/3 not half.

PTRS Penal at vet 3 have more DPS than penal vet 0 so they are not "next to useless against infantry" as their PTRS are.

(edited to avoid misrepresenting Lago's opinion)

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 13:16 PMLago

Could've sworn they got 3. I must be misremembering WBP. They changed so many times during that.

In that case, 66% DPS. A little more respectable, but it means losing their 1v1 advantage which is why you build them in the first place.

I might use them a little more now.

Huh I also swore they got 3 thanks for clearing that up.

26 Jan 2019, 00:40 AM

Cons get 3, this might be the reason.

Literally nothing about PTRS is consistent in any way.
26 Jan 2019, 08:11 AM

3 PTRS for Penal was tested or suggested in a preview MOD but did not get the go ahead so it natural to get confused. I am glade that could be of help.
26 Jan 2019, 09:30 AM

BTW, easy counterplay for sticky satchels in 3 steps!
1.Just drive your tank/armored car into middle of their squad.
2. ...
3. Profit!
26 Jan 2019, 14:26 PM
27 Jan 2019, 09:23 AM

BTW, easy counterplay for sticky satchels in 3 steps!
1.Just drive your tank/armored car into middle of their squad.
2. ...
3. Profit!

Still asking if it's intended or it is a bug that will live 4e.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★