Login

russian armor

All the things Penals can annihilate

24 Jan 2019, 09:42 AM

• Thanks to their AT satchel ability, they can destroy any vehicle in game. Even the heaviest ones.
  • All kinds of structures.
  • All types of support weapon teams.

They should be less versatile. Remove the AT satchel as it is the cheesiest ability I've ever experienced and it is simply not needed aside from looking cool. Or reduce the range by half at the very least. And their regular satchel needs a massive price increase.

Last topic on the balance forum and I am waiting for some great discussions guys.
24 Jan 2019, 10:00 AM

iam on your side...but there will come some ppl which will tell you:
- its your own fault when u let satchel your tanks
> you must be dumb, brainafk, and learn2play issue when u get satcheled tanks (while even the best players get satcheled ... many times in one game...because...your know..its not that hard to get penals in range.)

- penals satchels vs building is ok because its your own fault to set up any thing on the map except in your own base... (this ppl dont realize that one satchel do often more dmg than 3-4 fausts...while cost only the 1,5x price from pfaust)

its awefull when you run with 2-4 penals around the maps and destroy so much stuff with so less effort. > try this with other squads from axis..
24 Jan 2019, 10:26 AM

Noobs with zero micro to notice squad closing to throw very short range charge with very long throw animation and very long fuse, you forgot about these! These are too annihilate by penals!

Also AT satchel stays, without it they can't function as AT squad as any vehicle can just push them, PTRS are not 360 no scope insta shot shrecks that just burst your vehicles.
24 Jan 2019, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 10:26 AMKatitof
Noobs with zero micro to notice squad closing to throw very short range charge with very long throw animation and very long fuse, you forgot about these! These are too annihilate by penals!

Also AT satchel stays, without it they can't function as AT squad as any vehicle can just push them, PTRS are not 360 no scope insta shot shrecks that just burst your vehicles.

See? I mean this guy. Which never played the game since one year. ignor him.

In actuall game version is pretty easy to satchel tanks (see any twitch/youtube sov play with penal even on high rank games or tournements) you can walk on most maps around a corner/ view blocker and satchel tanks, can slow them with guards on max range, at nades from cons or other ressources (teammember) or you can use mnother russia from sprint on any squad and reach even fats mediums easily and satchel a high cost tanks away like a fly.

or panther want rush any st the final shot? dont let him with only one penal and blow it away and finish it with your AT guns/ tds
24 Jan 2019, 11:31 AM

Penal satchels are short range snares. So long as you respect them like any other snare unit, you should usually be fairly safe.

you can walk on most maps around a corner/ view blocker and satchel tanks, can slow them with guards on max range, at nades from cons or other ressources (teammember) or you can use mnother russia from sprint on any squad and reach even fats mediums easily and satchel a high cost tanks away like a fly.

Can't any snare squad do this though? Once a vehicle's snared, you mob it with AT and kill it. Throwing a large number of satchels at it is one way to do it, but it's not like there aren't a load of other similarly easy ways to kill a snared tank.

Furthermore, if you've converted enough Penals to AT duty to do that, your infantry AI is going to be terrible.
24 Jan 2019, 11:44 AM

It was much cheesier when penals could use it without even purchacing at rifles. Now they have to atleast sacrifice ai capability to do so.
24 Jan 2019, 12:15 PM

It was much cheesier when penals could use it without even purchacing at rifles. Now they have to atleast sacrifice ai capability to do so.

Sacrifice ai capability, lulululululululululul
24 Jan 2019, 12:17 PM

Although i agree that they do alot of dmg, it only happened to me a couple of times before i learned to play around it, pretty easy to not get hit with the AT satchel imo

EDIT: Except if you hit a mine or something, if thats the case then rip :/
24 Jan 2019, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 12:15 PMKeano
Sacrifice ai capability, lulululululululululul

Upgrading Penal Troops with PTRS rifles cuts their damage pretty much in half. Conscript and Penal PTRS rifles are next to useless against infantry. You only get the multirole PTRS on Guards and Shocks.

Furthermore, as PTRSes are transferrable, the SVT models always go down first.
24 Jan 2019, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 12:21 PMLago

Upgrading Penal Troops with PTRS rifles cuts their damage pretty much in half. Conscript and Penal PTRS rifles are next to useless against infantry. You only get the multirole PTRS on Guards and Shocks.

i know, i'm just joking about how guards ptrs's annihilate everything hahahaha
24 Jan 2019, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 12:21 PMLago

2 PTRS out 6 is actually 2/3 not half.

PTRS Penal at vet 3 have more DPS than penal vet 0 so they are not "next to useless against infantry" as their PTRS are.

(edited to avoid misrepresenting Lago's opinion)
24 Jan 2019, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 13:00 PMVipper

PTRS Penal at vet 3 have more DPS than penal vet 0 so they are not "next to useless against infantry".

Could've sworn they got 3. I must be misremembering WBP. They changed so many times during that.

In that case, 66% DPS. A little more respectable, but it means losing their 1v1 advantage which is why you build them in the first place.

I might use them a little more now.
24 Jan 2019, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 13:00 PMVipper

PTRS Penal at vet 3 have more DPS than penal vet 0 so they are not "next to useless against infantry".

(psst, you're obviously right about 2/3 part, but other infantry will also have vet3 by that time, including received accuracy vet bonuses and weapon ugprades, so unless you play vs AI only and wipe each and every infantry squad, you are correct only on paper and only if not taking literally anything else into account but the squad itself)
24 Jan 2019, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 13:43 PMKatitof

(psst, you're obviously right about 2/3 part, but other infantry will also have vet3 by that time, including received accuracy vet bonuses and weapon ugprades, so unless you play vs AI only and wipe each and every infantry squad, you are correct only on paper and only if not taking literally anything else into account but the squad itself)

If in your opinion PTRS Penals "are next to useless against infantry", pls elaborate, if do not pls stop trying to prove wrong the majority of sentences I post and move on, I am not actually flattered by your obsession.

Have a nice day.

(edited the misrepresentation of Lago's claim)
24 Jan 2019, 14:09 PM

I did.
By mentioning the fact that other infantry will also be vetted and will be equipped with AI upgrades.
You ignored it.
24 Jan 2019, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 14:09 PMKatitof
I did.
By mentioning the fact that other infantry will also be vetted and will be equipped with AI upgrades.
You ignored it.

PTRS VET 3 have around DPS (without taking into account PTRS or vet 1 ability)
30/27.5/22.4/13.7

at range 0/10/20/35

You are entitled to believe that is "next to useless against infantry".
24 Jan 2019, 14:18 PM

Now go and compare that to vet3 LMG grens or vetted volks, uncluding received accuracy of both.

These numbers will quickly diminish.

PTRS penals may deal damage vs infantry, but they aren't going to contest any other squad then pios and maybe osttruppen.
24 Jan 2019, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 14:18 PMKatitof
Now go and compare that to vet3 LMG grens or vetted volks, uncluding received accuracy of both.

These numbers will quickly diminish.

PTRS penals may deal damage vs infantry, but they aren't going to contest any other squad then pios and maybe osttruppen.

Actually NO you can do your own comparisons, stop being lazy and provide stats.

Pls decide which is it, do they deal damage vs infantry or are they "next to useless against infantry".
24 Jan 2019, 14:37 PM

he will never gives his opinions that's the trick vipper, he only plays the passive aggressive role, he knows he won't be banned for that
24 Jan 2019, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2019, 14:06 PMVipper
Lagos claim that PTRS Penals "are next to useless against infantry"

You might want to double check that one.

Penal PTRS and PTRS Penals are not the same thing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★