Login

russian armor

I think the comet tank is due for a buff.

PAGES (9)down
26 Jan 2019, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2019, 19:52 PMKatitof

*smirks in IS-2*
that just proves my point more
27 Jan 2019, 01:14 AM

i think the problem is that the churchill is much better for its price. with the price of 160 fuel its a much better investment than a comet.
27 Jan 2019, 01:22 AM

that just proves my point more

Well, good then.
Now you can necro old or make new "buff kt" thread as this one is about another cost inefficient tank, comet.
27 Jan 2019, 23:22 PM

Comet has needed buffed forever. Its a generalist tank thats below par at EVERYTHING. There is really nothing it can do tthe cromwell cant do cheaper better. I believe we compared the main guns on another thread before it it was almost the exact same in AI capability as cronwell. It should be turned into something closer to the tiger tank and just limited to one at a time. The range nerf on the white phos just makes it no way worth it. Its AI is just trash for its cost and all it takes is a panther or cheap axis td to push it off. Something closer to the panther might work as well with maybe less armor or health in exchange for better Ai then the panther
28 Jan 2019, 02:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2019, 23:22 PMRocket
Comet has needed buffed forever. Its a generalist tank thats below par at EVERYTHING. There is really nothing it can do tthe cromwell cant do cheaper better. I believe we compared the main guns on another thread before it it was almost the exact same in AI capability as cronwell. It should be turned into something closer to the tiger tank and just limited to one at a time. The range nerf on the white phos just makes it no way worth it. Its AI is just trash for its cost and all it takes is a panther or cheap axis td to push it off. Something closer to the panther might work as well with maybe less armor or health in exchange for better Ai then the panther

To add to it I think most people agree the crom out classes also because of better vetrancy wich is true comet took a vet nerf also. All do to axis fanboys beliveing i should never lose to a comet with a panther period. Best tank of war should win hands down everytime god forbid you make me micro or a fight a tank that has an even matchup.
28 Jan 2019, 03:19 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2019, 23:22 PMRocket
Comet has needed buffed forever.

You obviously haven't been a CoH2 player for long then. Comet used to be very OP and was significantly BETTER than a panther and would have the edge in a 1v1 fight. Now the panther has a slight edge and rightly so as it's a TD while comet is a generalist. The Comet can still win if you ambush it from close range. behind a shot blocker. Nobody said the Panther can never lose to a comet. If you want to win with the Comet you'll need to do more micro than the panther player.

At most the veterancy for the comet should be buffed, that's it.

28 Jan 2019, 03:38 AM

You obviously haven't been a CoH2 player for long then. Comet used to be very OP and was significantly BETTER than a panther and would have the edge in a 1v1 fight. Now the panther has a slight edge and rightly so as it's a TD while comet is a generalist. The Comet can still win if you ambush it from close range. behind a shot blocker. Nobody said the Panther can never lose to a comet. If you want to win with the Comet you'll need to do more micro than the panther player.

At most the veterancy for the comet should be buffed, that's it.

Wrong check playercard 2v2, in at capability the comet has ALWAYS been inferior there was no time this has changed only axis fanboy ideas getting out played check patch notes. I can replay old saved games but i cant show you 1000 times over multiple comets just getting pushed back bullied by multiple panthers. Panthers front armor always won hands down. Dosent matter comet fired a bit faster vs a panther in shoot out because of how much you bounced. Accuracy on the move was saving grace been nerfed.
28 Jan 2019, 04:13 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2019, 03:38 AMRocket

Wrong check playercard 2v2, in at capability the comet has ALWAYS been inferior there was no time this has changed only axis fanboy ideas getting out played check patch notes. I can replay old saved games but i cant show you 1000 times over multiple comets just getting pushed back bullied by multiple panthers. Panthers front armor always won hands down. Dosent matter comet fired a bit faster vs a panther in shoot out because of how much you bounced. Accuracy on the move was saving grace been nerfed.

Nope, I clicked all the tabs on your playercard. I checked both this website and the official website: http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561197972942793/standings You have around 30 axis games in total and 1000+ allied games. The original comet had way more bonuses than just moving accuracy. The commander upgrade for 25 munis gave free sight and other bonuses that were removed. The panther now has less armor (240 vs 290 on the comet)but one shot of extra health. As well the panther used to have worse accuracy and slower rate of fire. Now its got more firepower and because u don't play axis u didn't know that the panther was buffed.
28 Jan 2019, 04:22 AM

Other bonuses removed eh i dont remember any other bonus. And how are we going to compare the forever been nerfed comet with new panther idk if you know this but that was a buff to the panther.
28 Jan 2019, 09:58 AM

Why not mirror cromwell vet and see where that puts it?
28 Jan 2019, 10:14 AM

Why not mirror cromwell vet and see where that puts it?

Because each unit should vet bonuses custom made for the unit it self.

A veterancy overhaul is long long overdue (about 5 years).

Further more if you read the veterancy comparison you will see that is more of myth than vet 2 accuracy bonus is great (combined with the commander even greater)and only vet 3 bonuses are weaker.
28 Jan 2019, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2019, 18:00 PMKatitof

They already are very expensive.

If a unit is not cost effective(which comet is not), it needs either price cut and stat buff.

sorry for the late reply,
They are expensive however they are nearly as durable than a Pershing (just 10 Armour apart), so it is definitely possible to add them up over the game, so if they get slightly to cost-effective and you build 3 of them, that is not impossible I have enough games where I add up 2 panthers and one brummbär, you have 3 times slightly to cost-effective tanks.
I don't try to say that the Comet does not need a change I just want to point out that we need the perfect sweet point for a tank that is durable and can be spammed.
It is easy to say that things need a change but there are the nearly endless possible solutions to find the best is really hard. :unsure:
I think the comet should maybe get an ability called "first strike" which you need to activate when you are not in combat and last for 10-15 sec which increases accuracy and pen for one shot for the cost of 30-50 muni (depends on the strength of the shot). This would mean that one has to activate it bevor the attack and cannot be easily used to finish off a tank.
28 Jan 2019, 12:07 PM

Pershing isn't a pinnacle of durability, in fact its durability is very average.

Panthers have no problems against it, PaKs do the job as well.

If you managed to get 3 comets, then you have won the game probably before you could get first one. It costs almost 200 fuel, hefty amount of menpower, takes a lot of population which will already be occupied by pop hogging brit infantry, it can not be spammed.

Cost decrease might lead to its spam, therefore that solution should be last, its AI performance needs a buff, because its AT one is fine where it is at.
28 Jan 2019, 12:51 PM

I took a look at the numbers, and the Comet's almost identical to the Cromwell in terms of anti-infantry.

• Hull and coaxial MGs do roughly the same damage.
  • Similar main gun reload.
  • Same main gun scatter.
  • Same main gun AoE profile.

And the Cromwell isn't very good to start with.

The Comet gets the ability to simultaneously blind, torch and slow AT guns at Vet 1, which is pretty damn strong, but I'm not sure that makes up for all its other inefficiencies.
28 Jan 2019, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2019, 12:51 PMLago
I took a look at the numbers, and the Comet's almost identical to the Cromwell in terms of anti-infantry.

• Hull and coaxial MGs do roughly the same damage.
  • Similar main gun reload.
  • Same main gun scatter.
  • Same main gun AoE profile.

And the Cromwell isn't very good to start with.

The Comet gets the ability to simultaneously blind, torch and slow AT guns at Vet 1, which is pretty damn strong, but I'm not sure that makes up for all its other inefficiencies.

But! Compared to the cromwell it also comes with extra range, pen, alot more armour and extra health and tracking against enemy armour plus can be equipped with blitz (so can the crommy at that point though)

Again comparing the t34s, 40 fuel gets oy pen and health (and 10/5 armour) so all the extras seems reasonable given the price. The only thing I could really see is a vet realignment

That or a hard cap and make it ~~the way it used to be. It would be easier to make it worth it if it was limited.
28 Jan 2019, 14:34 PM

But! Compared to the cromwell it also comes with extra range, pen, alot more armour and extra health and tracking against enemy armour plus can be equipped with blitz (so can the crommy at that point though)

Again comparing the t34s, 40 fuel gets oy pen and health (and 10/5 armour) so all the extras seems reasonable given the price. The only thing I could really see is a vet realignment

That or a hard cap and make it ~~the way it used to be. It would be easier to make it worth it if it was limited.

What vet changes would you like to see?
28 Jan 2019, 16:15 PM

Something other than literally just more accuracy, faster turret traverse, and more mobility. Because that’s literally it in terms of stat boosts it gets from vet, and the only one of those that’s really actually useful is the mobility, since it doesn’t miss a lot of shots on tanks if it’s stationary without the, and will still miss a ton on the move even with the accuracy bonus, and it’s not like it’s turret traverse is terrible to begin with. I honestly don’t really feel the difference using a vet0 comet than vet2, other than the fact that it doesn’t have WP rounds (probably the best thing about the tank tbh).

Mostly a firerate bonus would be nice.
28 Jan 2019, 19:25 PM

A small reload buff wouldn't be amiss I don't think, even later vet improving its abilities. I'll admit that I havnt put a whack of though on the details but as a units it's starts out solid for its price, if scaling is the issue a price reduction isn't the cure, not is buffing its stock performance. But It's OK for cromwell to be a better choice sometimes, there's nothing wrong with that at all.
28 Jan 2019, 19:58 PM

I still use comets simply because they're more mobile than Churchills, and the utility you gain with Hammer with gammon bombs is invaluable vs. OKW (150 ammo to destroy any building).

The comet is a little pricey, that's my only real issue with it. Kinda hard to vet it too, but once you get its WP smoke it becomes a very versatile tank and it's very useful using the WP smoke on stationary units like AT guns / MGs to allow your infantry to assault.

Not really sure how they would buff it without over-buffing it. It's performance is far from terrible, it's frontal armor is great at bouncing axis armor too. Maybe a very slight buff to its penetration or accuracy or something, but I'm not sure what values or anything.
30 Jan 2019, 18:15 PM

Increase the fuel cost for Comet tank and make the gun perform in a similar fashion as Tiger.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS