jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2019, 00:07 AMLuciano
Combined arms tactics

This commander focuses on high mobility usf general branches

1st slot

Rangers (3 cp, call in unit)

2nd slot

Combined arms (toggle ability, 4 cp)

3rd slot

M7B1 Priest howitzer motor carriage (call in, 9cp)

4th slot

P47 rocket strike (12 cp)

5th slot

Pershing call in (13 cp)

At least we did the same for all factions, this one sounds like Ostheer's Lightning war on steroids for USF.
Priest, P47 rocket strike and Pershing on the same doctrine, where do I firm??!
18 Jan 2019, 10:49 AM

Recently, I´ve been seein quite a few suggestions containing a sniper for USF and OKW and I´d like to post my feedback on this

18 Jan 2019, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2019, 10:57 AMStark

SLOT 1 – Scotish Infantry Squad - new scotish main line infantry as replacement for Infantry Section

That's also a good idea but I think it'd be better to use the commando voices as the Sniper quotes are obviously meant for a one man squad.
18 Jan 2019, 13:03 PM

That's also a good idea but I think it'd be better to use the commando voices as the Sniper quotes are obviously meant for a one man squad.

That's a good idea. I would prefer to make new infantry as much diffrent as it possible to current Infantry Section. Commandos voices could work too or maybe there is something else in gamefiles?

What do you think about other abilities?
18 Jan 2019, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2019, 13:03 PMStark

That's a good idea. I would prefer to make new infantry as much diffrent as it possible to current Infantry Section. Commandos voices could work too or maybe there is something else in gamefiles?

There are polish voices from the Campaign and some for USF black troops
18 Jan 2019, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2019, 13:34 PMVipper

There are polish voices from the Campaign and some for USF black troops

well, polish voices you can get from a polish version of the game. What's USF black troops?
18 Jan 2019, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2019, 13:47 PMStark

well, polish voices you can get from a polish version of the game. What's USF black troops?

American soldiers that are colored...

I meant English with polish accent, there is mission in campaign where you control polish partisans.
18 Jan 2019, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2019, 13:03 PMStark

I am not sure if possible but perhaps it'd be best for a combination of both the voice packs for the Sniper and the Commandos.

As for the abilities, yeah they look like a pretty good and versatile squad that could be used both on the offense and defense, might be a problem for balance tho, not sure.

Edit: Seeing Vipper talking about the Polish and Black RE voices, there was a Polish Airborne division during Operation Market Garden, so maybe Polish commandos for the Brits? And I think I saw an RE focused commander for the USF suggestion, maybe they can use the voices for a more combat specialized RE squad? Idk.
18 Jan 2019, 16:25 PM

Edit: Seeing Vipper talking about the Polish and Black RE voices, there was a Polish Airborne division during Operation Market Garden, so maybe Polish commandos for the Brits? And I think I saw an RE focused commander for the USF suggestion, maybe they can use the voices for a more combat specialized RE squad? Idk.

Polish troops fought along side UK force in all almost all theaters, from Africa, to Italy to the rest of Europe and paid a very high price for doing so.
18 Jan 2019, 18:19 PM

I am not sure if possible but perhaps it'd be best for a combination of both the voice packs for the Sniper and the Commandos.

As for the abilities, yeah they look like a pretty good and versatile squad that could be used both on the offense and defense, might be a problem for balance tho, not sure.

That's right. There was 2 polish divisions in Western Front under UKF. First Polish Airborn divisions and 1th Polish Armor divisions. Both Elite and did a lot in France and Holland. There was also a Polish Korp in Itally.

Polish playerbase in CoH2 is quite big so that would be nice wink from Relic/Balance team if they did agree to do that
19 Jan 2019, 14:42 PM

Question to Sturmpanther. Are you already working with proposed Commanders or those commander can be modified in any way up to 25-th and only then the team will look into them?

Second question - will there be a balance changes together with new commander update?
19 Jan 2019, 16:41 PM

I was looking through game files yesterday and found another voice for Conscripts. It's a little higher-pitched than the main one.
I never saw that mentioned in "unused assets" threads. Could be useful for a new Soviet infantry squad!

Another discovery- the T-34/76 has side skirts available. It seems like they were applied to captured vehicles.
19 Jan 2019, 17:26 PM

From Anotherdeadrifleman USF SUbmission

I like this submission for USF alot but would make a few suggestions. For the Veteran Squad leader I would suspect that 6 man Rifle Squads would be hard to balance - maybe just upgrade one model to a Thompson Officer and the combat bonuses would be sufficient. Smoke Grenades for Rifleman are a non-starter as well given how they were removed previously for balance reason. I would suggest either Smoke Drop from Heavy Calvary, Fire Up from Rifle Company (Fixed to be useful), or maybe tying the Smoke Grenade to the Officer Upgrade so it's not so overwhelming. Both Smoke Drop and Fire Up would allow Thompson Riflemen to close the distance and would fit well I think.
JB.
19 Jan 2019, 19:33 PM

It would be cool to see what people thought about my suggestions.
20 Jan 2019, 07:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2019, 12:03 PMStark
Did Andy tell about 1 new commander per faction or two? From what i remember there was suppose to be 2. But then i imagine that the first commander is made by community and second by balanceteam

The announcement mentioned that there would be 1 new commander per faction. The balance team will pick 2 suggestions for each, then there will be a vote.
20 Jan 2019, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2019, 16:39 PMPhy
I won't suggest a concret commander, just a few lines that the commander should follow in order to maximize the benefits we can get over the faction itself.

1. Should use abilities existent in order to revamp other commanders as well.
2. Should use units existent on other commanders to revamp.

I completely disagree.

Imo new commander (and Revamp commander) should focus on providing a new fresh, commander that are of average power level.

This process should not be used to solve balance issue, I ones tryies to joggle too many balls at once an they all fall down, as it has been proven by result of commanders revamps.

If there is a need to solve balance issues that are connected to commanders, there should a separate processes where commander design is look at and op combination removed.

20 Jan 2019, 18:16 PM

Wow I love this idea.
I suggested something similar to okw.

Thanks
20 Jan 2019, 19:11 PM

Seeing tons of aircraft support in the suggestions for OKW. I thought OKW is supposed to be the late war axis army on the western front? Their aircraft power was a disaster, so I dont know if it would be very realistic.

Luftwaffe Ground Forces and Overwatch already have loiters, and that is already more than enough if you ask me. Otherwise OKW would turn into an Aircraft-heavy faction.
20 Jan 2019, 19:56 PM

Seeing tons of aircraft support in the suggestions for OKW. I thought OKW is supposed to be the late war axis army on the western front? Their aircraft power was a disaster, so I dont know if it would be very realistic.

Luftwaffe Ground Forces and Overwatch already have loiters, and that is already more than enough if you ask me. Otherwise OKW would turn into an Aircraft-heavy faction.

+1

That's what i have tought when i read some commander designs. I like the idea of OKW Panzerjäger doctrine but it should not include Close Air Support. The days when then Luftwaffe dominated the sky and could support attacking tanks were long over in 1944/45.
20 Jan 2019, 19:57 PM

It also doesn't make sense for the Ostheer to have Vulksturm either if we're being technical here. Those are just Civilians with Wehrmacht arm bands fighting in Berlin, not really anywhere else.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
unknown 12
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %