Login

russian armor

Dropping mp price on the maxim and the soviet mortar.

Is the maxim,s price in line with its preformance?
Option Distribution Votes
35%
27%
36%
2%
Is the mortars price in line with its preformance?
Option Distribution Votes
75%
13%
8%
4%
Total votes: 108
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Jan 2019, 22:51 PM

Hello guys,

I want to find out with this poll if people think soviet t2 units are priced correctly according to their preformance compared to their counterparts. Specificly the maxim vs the other mg,s. I also personaly feel that the mortar also does not preform at its price level and want your opinion as well.

So guys vote and give your reasons why you think that.
3 Jan 2019, 22:53 PM

Maxim could use being 10 mp less
3 Jan 2019, 23:04 PM

I would rather the maxim be made more expensive to accommodate the 6 man crew and function as an MG than made cheaper and require at least a pair to stop it from being flamenaded head on.

As for the mortar I think it's actually over performing. Given the realignment of mortars making them mostly the same the 82mm got out ahead with the largest crew and vet 0 flares... Again, I think a price increase is the step to take so that support weapons and infantry are priced to SUPPORT constripts instead of replacing them wholesale

Edit: I can't vote because the pole lacks such options
3 Jan 2019, 23:07 PM

sry but are you nuts? i deal with crew spams every single game (i can prove it if you want). delete JLI from the game if you want but if you change russian crews, make them more expensive. thanks
3 Jan 2019, 23:13 PM
Donator 11

I'd say there are two three routs here, either

A: We reduce the cost

or

B:We reduce the build time

or

C: we do both but up t2 cost.
3 Jan 2019, 23:19 PM

Why not just fix the horrendous death loop on the maxim and the .50?
3 Jan 2019, 23:28 PM
Donator 11

Why not just fix the horrendous death loop on the maxim and the .50?

I've said it for years but its an engine bug/limitation from my understanding of it. Basically think of the Maxim as if it were a kubal.

I would say the death loop is rather punishing and makes both MGs risky and unresponsive.
3 Jan 2019, 23:33 PM

If other HMGs don't have it, can't they be used as a model for maxim/.50 cal to fix it?

Anyway, I'd rather the maxim be a half-way decent suppression platform than it be made cheaper. Making it cheaper but keeping performance the same would just facilitate more maxim-spam builds that use it as a crappy LMG.

As for the mortar -- it's fine, IMO. It's slower and has worse accuracy, as best as I can tell, but the vet 0 flare makes it very useful.

In this case it's utility compensated for by offensive power. I think that's a fair trade.
3 Jan 2019, 23:44 PM

The mortar is fine. The only problem it has is that it´s flare ability bugs out a lot. If you use it a lot it bugs out in around 30-40% of games for me so that´s a real issue.

Maxims are pretty bad but are oddly enough still pretty efficient when spammed in early game. I am not sure if lowering their price is a good idea. My idea would be to make them have a longer build-time and a 280MP price tag but give them better vet 1 bonus and supression. That way spamming them is hard but they stop sucking so much as individual units.

Dshk needs to be reverted to pre-nerf levels so it actually has a purpose and the now-useless Lend Lease and Defensive Doctrine become useable again.
4 Jan 2019, 00:18 AM

The maxim is the worst hmg qualitatively and cost efficienctly... a buff to its performance is overall a better idea than a price reduction however as to prevent spam
4 Jan 2019, 00:19 AM

Dshk needs to be reverted to pre-nerf levels so it actually has a purpose and the now-useless Lend Lease and Defensive Doctrine become useable again.

Pre-nerf Dhsk had something like 70 DPS close so no it should no it should not be reverted. A slight buff might be OK but its DPS was simply too high.

The maxim I would test having its vet 1 ability scale with veterancy gaining lower reload with each vet level.
4 Jan 2019, 00:24 AM

I just started a thread into rework maxims at the same time, haha such luck.
I think maxims could be cheaper, or become more useful, but they are still too spammable, thats what made them so trash.
4 Jan 2019, 00:27 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Maxim deathloop CANNOT be fixed -> given 6 men to compensate -> cannot have high suppression. Otherwise you get 6 men suppression as stock mainline infantry.

Also what is this 50cal deathloop? I've seen it sometimes be complained about but it is certainly not what the maxim deathloop is.
4 Jan 2019, 01:11 AM

For whatever reason the gunner of the 50 cal is often the first model shot, causing a delay in doing anything. It's not the exact same as the maxim one, but functionally it ends up meaning your HMG dies because gunner is first to go.
4 Jan 2019, 02:59 AM

Please, how many maxim squads are considered spammable?

I saw lots of OST build 2 or 3 MG42s and countless MG bunkers. Why you, Axis fanboys, angry at build 2 or 3 maxim?
4 Jan 2019, 03:23 AM

we fanboys dont want to fight fire with fire. axis mg spam is just as annoying. but maxim is crewed by 6 people for that doesnt cost much. which makes it all the more a pain in the ass
4 Jan 2019, 03:55 AM

The maxim death loop is not a bug, it is WAD. The death loop will happen with most team weapon crews if they are retreating.

Have you guys tried "Fear Propaganda" on Ost's Pak or OKW's leIG?
4 Jan 2019, 04:37 AM

Maxim deathloop CANNOT be fixed -> given 6 men to compensate -> cannot have high suppression. Otherwise you get 6 men suppression as stock mainline infantry.

Also what is this 50cal deathloop? I've seen it sometimes be complained about but it is certainly not what the maxim deathloop is.

Nerf the grenadier and you will get 4 man high suppression stock infantry without the deathloop...

The point is the maxim was only spammed because conscripts suck... and they still do... fix the conscript fix the maxim spam
4 Jan 2019, 04:43 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2019, 04:37 AMgbem

Nerf the grenadier and you will get 4 man high suppression stock infantry without the deathloop...

The point is the maxim was only spammed because conscripts suck... and they still do... fix the conscript fix the maxim spam

? Maxims were spammed because they would dumpster OKW where cons didn't. If we need cons to dumpster OKW as well I don't think you're in for a good reply.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★