Login

russian armor

New units for the new commanders

4 Jan 2019, 19:34 PM

Jli are 250mp obersoldaten... id guess its fair to whoever concieved of the jli buff...
4 Jan 2019, 19:42 PM

Do 240mp obersoldaten sound fair?

I said Gebirgsjägers should cost 360 MP how do get to 240???
Make a actual helpful post: Do you think this unit would have a role and which? And how do you would design it then?
4 Jan 2019, 19:44 PM

Gebrigsjagers are mountain infantry... imo giving them the unique ability to go through high terrain and fight such terrain should be a unique flavour... they should also get more mobility than most infantry... not recieve any negative cover bonuses but are only equipped with bolt action and semi auto weapons...

250mp with 45 muni g43 2x upgrade... gets better cover bonuses and speed... can climb cliffs and pass thru forests... but no riflenade and panzerfaust
4 Jan 2019, 19:53 PM

I'd like to see more UKF infantry variety because they literally have 2 combat squads in their entire roster.
4 Jan 2019, 20:09 PM

I said Gebirgsjägers should cost 360 MP how do get to 240???
Make a actual helpful post: Do you think this unit would have a role and which? And how do you would design it then?

I see, I see, something derped and for whatever reason I was thinking of grens reading that last post.

Anyway, that still isn't a good idea as you have a direct overlap with already existing infantries.

When trying to come up with new unit, especially doctrinal one, try to think what role isn't covered yet as better version of what already exists isn't really interesting at all.

Lack of abilities is always a missed opportunity as even squad as bland as shocks have defining abilities in form of 2 nade types.

Now, I'm not saying its my suggestion, but an example could be 4 man squad with 4 PF G43s(upgrade) and smoke nade, role: primarily team weapon assault unit.

That would provide ost flavored riflemen-esque squad with unique ability in ost rooster.
4 Jan 2019, 20:12 PM

Gebirgsjagers are mountain infantry doe... terrain bonuses like what i suggested might be a bit more accurate to their performance...
4 Jan 2019, 20:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Tiger model for OKW.

Does it have any difference with Wehrmacht Tiger? Never heard about it.
4 Jan 2019, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jan 2019, 19:44 PMgbem
Gebrigsjagers are mountain infantry... imo giving them the unique ability to go through high terrain and fight such terrain should be a unique flavour... they should also get more mobility than most infantry... not recieve any negative cover bonuses but are only equipped with bolt action and semi auto weapons...

250mp with 45 muni g43 2x upgrade... gets better cover bonuses and speed... can climb cliffs and pass thru forests... but no riflenade and panzerfaust

This sounds like a nice and unique idea, would be a situational squad but very nice to have in say muddy maps and so forth.

I'd like to see more UKF infantry variety because they literally have 2 combat squads in their entire roster.

Agreed, that's why I think that a Recon section that acts similar to the CoH one and maybe a "Tommy" Assault section of 4 guys all armed with Thompsons would be something new and unique to add to the Brits. Think of them like the USF Cav Rifles.
4 Jan 2019, 21:00 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Offtopic posts invised.... again....
4 Jan 2019, 23:25 PM

Can Brits have CQC mainlines in doc? Pretty please?
5 Jan 2019, 00:57 AM

Does it have any difference with Wehrmacht Tiger? Never heard about it.

Playing around with skins was my idea. No, there is no extra blue-print.
5 Jan 2019, 06:53 AM

Add Wirbelwind from CoH 1.

Not so well performing vs light tanks (t70/stuart) like Ostwind, but better vs infantry.

5 Jan 2019, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2019, 06:53 AMLoxley

Not so well performing vs light tanks (t70/stuart) like Ostwind, but better vs infantry.

If it performs like a Centaur I would be happy.

5 Jan 2019, 08:02 AM

What u guys think about m8 scott or us mortar halftruck for brits, they need more indirect fire because mortar pit sux
5 Jan 2019, 08:17 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57a8MSIOT6g

It was in the game, back in 2013...
5 Jan 2019, 10:47 AM

It is difficult to be worse than Ostwind vs light tanks :).
5 Jan 2019, 11:08 AM

What u guys think about m8 scott or us mortar halftruck for brits, they need more indirect fire because mortar pit sux

Not sure if M8 in the context of Brits wasnt a bit too much. Instead of desperately kiting, it would safely sit behind a churchill, accompanied by a relatively high pen 6pndr and constantly being very closely surrounded by engies who can snare.

The mortar HT would work great though
5 Jan 2019, 12:21 PM

Not sure if M8 in the context of Brits wasnt a bit too much. Instead of desperately kiting, it would safely sit behind a churchill, accompanied by a relatively high pen 6pndr and constantly being very closely surrounded by engies who can snare.

The mortar HT would work great though

Now I want it even more after you mentioned that lol.

I want to see a line of Churchills and M8s behind them slowly pushing like the Spartans in 300.
5 Jan 2019, 13:40 PM

Late war Tiger ausf.E for OKW.

Ostheer Tiger with 5 veterancy, Panzer Tactician and Panzer Commander or MG42 pintle mount as standard for ~10-20% higher price than Ostheer's Tiger. Would be a good alternative to the King Tiger for OKW on maps where one would want a more mobile heavy tank.

Tiger tank for OKW is kinda "must add unit".

I would also add ambush mode (only stationary but gives multiple bonuses) and KigerTiger vet3 ability (sorry but forgot the name).

To make it more unique the smoke could work like in sherman tank.

Another unit that would be highly welcome would be pak40

Many people constantly complain on rakktens. That would be a good replacement and atractive choice in almost every game mode.

5 Jan 2019, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2019, 13:40 PMStark

Tiger tank for OKW is kinda "must add unit".

I would also add ambush mode (only stationary but gives multiple bonuses) and KigerTiger vet3 ability (sorry but forgot the name).

To make it more unique the smoke could work like in sherman tank.

Another unit that would be highly welcome would be pak40

Many people constantly complain on rakktens. That would be a good replacement and atractive choice in almost every game mode.

Just for the record, there are currently voice lines for a Tiger, StuG and Halftrack for the OKW.

Besides those as you said things such as the Pak 40, Granatwerfer 34 and MG42 would also probably be very welcome in a doctrine.

I would go as far as to say that the Osttruppen could also be given to the OKW in a doctrine which would cover the Atlantic Wall defenses, many of which were manned by reserve troops such as them.

Another option is giving the gun crews some K98k-s and using them as another squad but perhaps they would overlap too much with the Volks, that's why I keep suggesting them for the Ost more since they could use some 5 man squads for a change in more doctrines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★