Login

russian armor

New units for the new commanders

2 Jan 2019, 10:33 AM

HI guys,
instead of posting complete design ideas of new commander concepts i would like to discus here solely new units which could be used for the new commanders. The most important thing imo is to discuss if these units could have a real role in the game.

To give you an overview of units which could be used i checked SneakEye's mod.
Please keep in mind that i did not include units like Brandenburgers who are already in the game with a different name (Stormtroopers) or just have different weapons (PIAT Commandos).
You can complement the list of course if i forgot units.

Units that could be used for new commanders
• Advanced Pioneer Support Squad (Wehr)
• Gebirgsjäger (Wehr)
• Fallschirmjäger (Wehr)
• Urban Panzergrenadiers (Wehr)
• Panzerjäger Squad (OKW)
• Fallschirm-Pioniere (OKW)
• Volkssturm Squad (OKW)
• Jagdpanzer 38 Hetzer (OKW)
• Sniper (OKW, USF)
• Tank Hunter Conscript Squad (Soviet)
• Reconnaissance Section (UK)
• Forward Observation Officer (UK)

I start with the easy choice - OKW's tankhunter squad. These unit would be a worthy addition to the faction because OKW doesn't have good handheld AT units.
I could see 2 options for the Panzerjäger squad:
  • 4 men unit starts with 2 ant-tank rifles 39 and can be upgraded to 2 schrecks for 100 mun.
  • 4 men unit already comes equipped with double schrecks

I would prefer the first option.

2 Jan 2019, 11:19 AM

I start with the easy choice - OKW's tankhunter squad. These unit would be a worthy addition to the faction because OKW doesn't have good handheld AT units.
  • 4 men unit starts with 2 ant-tank rifles 39 and can be upgraded to 2 schrecks for 100 mun.

I would rather see a 5 men squad that comes with 5 k98+2 panzerfaust. This weapons can be toggle and are about bazooka level.

It would would be unique and balanced.
2 Jan 2019, 11:42 AM

HI guys,
instead of posting complete design ideas of new commander concepts i would like to discus here solely new units which could be used for the new commanders. The most important thing imo is to discuss if these units could have a real role in the game.

To give you an overview of units which could be used i checked SneakEye's mod.
Please keep in mind that i did not include units like Brandenburgers who are already in the game with a different name (Stormtroopers) or just have different weapons (PIAT Commandos).
You can complement the list of course if i forgot units.

Units that could be used for new commanders
• Advanced Pioneer Support Squad (Wehr)
• Gebirgsjäger (Wehr)
• Fallschirmjäger (Wehr)
• Urban Panzergrenadiers (Wehr)
• Panzerjäger Squad (OKW)
• Fallschirm-Pioniere (OKW)
• Volkssturm Squad (OKW)
• Jagdpanzer 38 Hetzer (OKW)
• Sniper (OKW, USF)
• Tank Hunter Conscript Squad (Soviet)
• Reconnaissance Section (UK)
• Forward Observation Officer (UK)

Mostly agreed except for the snipers. No more of that BS. (And I say that as someone who heavily relies on them when playing Eastern Armies)

Id appreciate a counter sniper though. A scout with extra camo and vision, who has 0 damage on his rifle but 100 damage against snipers (via target tables)
2 Jan 2019, 11:51 AM

I also suggest a new infantry squad inspired by the Spanish Blaue Division using the gun crew models with K98ks.

What I imagine is a 5man squad which is in between the Grenadiers and Ostruppen. I simply call them "Foreign Infantry" altho of course a better name could be thought of.
2 Jan 2019, 13:18 PM

Late war Tiger ausf.E for OKW.

Ostheer Tiger with 5 veterancy, Panzer Tactician and Panzer Commander or MG42 pintle mount as standard for ~10-20% higher price than Ostheer's Tiger. Would be a good alternative to the King Tiger for OKW on maps where one would want a more mobile heavy tank.

ddd
2 Jan 2019, 13:39 PM

Does anyone know if there is maybe some non-standard looking sherman in the game files (sandbags,armored skirts etc.). It could be used to make sherman jumbo for the new commander.
2 Jan 2019, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2019, 13:39 PMddd
Does anyone know if there is maybe some non-standard looking sherman in the game files (sandbags,armored skirts etc.). It could be used to make sherman jumbo for the new commander.

Not entirely sure but I think it's possible to add sandbags at the sides (and front) of a tank.
2 Jan 2019, 13:49 PM

Permanently Banned

Ostheer Tiger with 5 veterancy, Panzer Tactician and Panzer Commander or MG42 pintle mount as standard for ~10-20% higher price than Ostheer's Tiger. Would be a good alternative to the King Tiger for OKW on maps where one would want a more mobile heavy tank.

Yeah and Is-3's and Centurions for USSR/Brits?
2 Jan 2019, 15:17 PM

Don't make jokes. The Ace Tiger is like a normal Tiger perform with Vet5. And a normal Tiger for OKW or a King-Tiger for Ostheer wouldn't destroy any balancing.

I would like to see:

AT-Hetzer and Panzerbüchsen for Ostheer's Pioneers.

Beside, Ostheer's Ace-Tiger replaced with a King-Tiger.
2 Jan 2019, 18:01 PM

For infantry, pretty much any combination of weapons and abilities is possible, if appearance and voice isn't a problem. The Soviets do have an unused infantry model, though- pretty much a Guard without a cape.

For my mods, I've made-
-Festungspioneers. Like Heavy Sappers, but they have PzB 39s that can be put away.
-Tankbusters. 4CP call-in Obersoldaten with 2 panzerschrecks and modified vet bonuses.
-Assault Section. British infantry without cover penalties.
-4.2 Inch Mortar. Uses the very similar HM38 120mm model.
-251/8 Medical Halftrack
-Panther Ausf. G
-Stuart Mk. VI. Has Canister Shot instead of Engine Shot.
-Sherman IVB. 105mm for the British, no dozer.

The AT Hetzer needs some animation work before it can fit into the game seamlessly. It's impressive that modders were able to get it working, but the tools needed to make it perfect aren't available. I'd put the M45 Quadmount in the same category.

The M38 Carbine would be very nice to see, and would be relatively little work.
Starbuck also made a nice Priest Kangaroo skin by making the gun invisible.
2 Jan 2019, 22:57 PM

Why not give the US nuclear weapon too ))))))

Actually, can I get Challenger II to club Tigers? That sounds really nice.
2 Jan 2019, 23:14 PM

Permanently Banned

Why not give the US nuclear weapon too ))))))

Actually, can I get Challenger II to club Tigers? That sounds really nice.

IS-3 came a little too late but is still technically a WW 2 tank.

Good idea actually, Nukes for USF is what I wanna see since its historically correct =))
2 Jan 2019, 23:54 PM

IS-3 came a little too late but is still technically a WW 2 tank.

Good idea actually, Nukes for USF is what I wanna see since its historically correct =))

Like Maus, Panther II or E-100? ^^

BUT if it would be possible to bring in a new unit blupeprint, I would wish a Borgward Panzerschreck vehicle.

3 Jan 2019, 00:16 AM

Mostly agreed except for the snipers. No more of that BS. (And I say that as someone who heavily relies on them when playing Eastern Armies)

Id appreciate a counter sniper though. A scout with extra camo and vision, who has 0 damage on his rifle but 100 damage against snipers (via target tables)

Usf sniper commander ;D
1. A 0 CP sniper

2-5. i don't care what the other abilities are.
3 Jan 2019, 00:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

WHAT COH2 REALLY NEEDS:

3 Jan 2019, 02:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2019, 00:43 AMVuther

WHAT COH2 REALLY NEEDS:

LMAO

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
3 Jan 2019, 04:12 AM

Strictly a method of transportation I think, but if you dont read the instruction menu YOU WOULDNT CARE SO MUCH! :p

*Universal carrier with shrecks.
3 Jan 2019, 04:53 AM

This would be soo OP it would be stupid
3 Jan 2019, 05:22 AM

Don't make jokes. The Ace Tiger is like a normal Tiger perform with Vet5. And a normal Tiger for OKW or a King-Tiger for Ostheer wouldn't destroy any balancing.

I would like to see:

AT-Hetzer and Panzerbüchsen for Ostheer's Pioneers.

Beside, Ostheer's Ace-Tiger replaced with a King-Tiger.

The normal tiger ace is pretty damn strong as it is so long as its use as a shock weapon is valued... a VET 5 TIGER ACE might aswell be an okw i win button
3 Jan 2019, 06:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2019, 05:22 AMgbem

The normal tiger ace is pretty damn strong as it is so long as its use as a shock weapon is valued... a VET 5 TIGER ACE might aswell be an okw i win button

Yeah, especially when you keep in mind that vet 4 and 5 are gonna be gimped as hell making you wonder why the OKW have 5 levels of vet to even begin with.

If they add the Tiger Ace to the OKW that would also allow them to rework the Ost's Tiger Ace which is good in my book, even with minor adjustments. The community has given them enough ideas for that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★