Login

russian armor

The new Sector assault

15 Dec 2018, 16:01 PM

Hi people, I have not played for a while until the revamped commanders patch was released. I personally just enjoy having slugfest and mucking around in 4v4 and 3v3 not the real competitor type but enjoy fair balance.

I have seen and have had alot of unfair and crap things happen in 4v4 and 3v3 which is expected. However, I feel that this ability on its own is coursing problems (especially in 3v3 and 4v4s).

I have had almost all games with okw who have the overwatch commander in every game now, you have to scramble to get aa because people seem to tend to use the ability at the same time and it becomes a real shit fest to a level I really cannot tolerate it and is very quickly turning me off the game.

Dont get me wrong it cost 250muni and I can handle a squad wipe or 2 or a damaged tank gets taken out, but this really takes the cake.

Here is a clip of just one past (Allie had a centaur to shoot the planes down but unfortunately damage was already done). this really pissed me off because the player is a blober and both players were not very good but just relied on this ability which effectively lost me the game.

Was I just incredibly unlucky? Or is the ability a little off?

P.s Sorry about the video quality, havnt used the software for a while.

15 Dec 2018, 18:09 PM

the Damage espacially on the Alpha strike (which you cannot pervent) seems a Little high, makes stuka cas look like a joke, might Need some dmg reduction so it doenst instagib tanks
15 Dec 2018, 18:15 PM

The ability is quiet strong but can easily be countered by AA. Players / Teams who dont build AA should be punished.
15 Dec 2018, 18:23 PM

bro just move out of the way
15 Dec 2018, 18:25 PM

It does nothing if it doesn't have LOS, so basically if you see the circle run for your life and you should be fine. There's even the useless MG Stuka up first that warns you to GTFO.
15 Dec 2018, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 18:15 PMSmartie

The ability is quiet strong but can easily be countered by AA. Players / Teams who dont build AA should be punished.

Not saying it is uncounterable but it certainly feels op when you compare it to the other plane offmaps + being at 10 cp feels odd considering the other skillplaens come at 12
15 Dec 2018, 18:58 PM

The ability is fine balanced and fair.

1. Its very expensive like you said which ensures you will only see it once or twice n a game if at all.

2. There is smoke that gives plenty of warning, all you have to do is move out of the way(you didn't even try to move lol)

Coh is a game about positioning and tactics, dont blob up, spread your units out, make sure they facing the right direction, pay attention and practice. The game has become by and large balanced.

What you presented here isn't a balance issue, it was bad play on your part so learn to recognize your mistakes and correct them. Love ya bro!

15 Dec 2018, 19:08 PM

Seems like a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better air supremacy
15 Dec 2018, 19:15 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 18:23 PMF1sh

+1
15 Dec 2018, 19:20 PM

Not saying it is uncounterable but it certainly feels op when you compare it to the other plane offmaps + being at 10 cp feels odd considering the other skillplaens come at 12

I think you have a good point in pointing out the relativly low CP requirements. I could certainly live with it at 11 /12 cp.
15 Dec 2018, 23:20 PM

I tried it extensively today and yeah it is very potent even though still random. I clicked the ability on a blob of infantry in a game today and it decided to shoot on other targets on the edge/outside the circle instead.

It´s 100% countered by a M5 HT though. If the recon plane gets shot down fast there aren´t any bombing runs following and your 250 munis are gone. Someone mentioned an uncounterable alpha-strike but I didn´t experience it like that at all.
15 Dec 2018, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2018, 18:23 PMF1sh

Sounds like a great idea, it's such a shame through that his allie dropped cluster bombs on me denying any chance of moving.

Watch more carefully.

I did not even know sector assault was even active, I only saw the smoke for the clusters and then both my units were deleted.

Again, my allow HAD a center that shot them down. Its the fact this was just a single past.
16 Dec 2018, 00:02 AM

It wasn't even the first pass, you don't move, you deserve to get killed by it.You had to not move for at least 20 seconds for that to happen.

I watched and counted, you sat in the sector for 30 seconds, without stunned vehicles. You 100% deserved those losses.
16 Dec 2018, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2018, 00:02 AMNaOCl
It wasn't even the first pass, you don't move, you deserve to get killed by it.You had to not move for at least 20 seconds for that to happen.

Did you see any flairs indicating sector assault was active?

I knew it was active when my allie engineers were pinned but are we just going to just ignore the fact cluster bombs were dropped not allowing me a chance. They arrive far quicker than sector assault.

I only saw the flairs for the clusters.

16 Dec 2018, 00:16 AM

Meh, normally it should be easy to GTFO. In the video the combo with the cluster bombs to stun is pretty much identical to T34 ramming a superheavy and finishing it off with IL-2 bombing run. It sucks to be on the receiving end but it's a well coordinated effort with a lot of resources put into it.
16 Dec 2018, 03:56 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I think it needs to be toned down a little, maybe in the size of the targeting area. As others mentioned in team games you should definitely get AA for this just like stuka CAS.
16 Dec 2018, 04:09 AM

Meh, normally it should be easy to GTFO. In the video the combo with the cluster bombs to stun is pretty much identical to T34 ramming a superheavy and finishing it off with IL-2 bombing run. It sucks to be on the receiving end but it's a well coordinated effort with a lot of resources put into it.

Not with a KT, also, its really an easy combo to pull off. Like, really easy.
16 Dec 2018, 04:12 AM

I think it needs to be toned down a little, maybe in the size of the targeting area. As others mentioned in team games you should definitely get AA for this just like stuka CAS.

Its more miss than it is hit, most games I have seen it used in, it serves as a glorified aerial denial, as it take around 25-30 seconds for bombs to drop in first pass, and another 20 seconds for the second bombing pass and you will kill your own units if you stay around in it. If it is toned down, it will become worthless. Already its a punishment for hanging around for a full 60 seconds in the circle. It has a warning plane that come first and lasts 10-15 seconds, which only suppresses inf.
20 Dec 2018, 13:52 PM

i love the way u play with 7 fps
21 Dec 2018, 09:16 AM

I think it's pretty unfair to the another CAS skills.
See Airborne Company's P-47 rocket straife, or Stuka CAS.
The P-47 rocket straife requires 12 cp and 240 muni.
There is only 10 difference in muni requirement, and the cp requirement is 2 higher.
Sector assault, however, will cause all infantry and armor to form a "Restricted Area" for quite some time.
Even stationary weapons, such as AT guns and MGs, make it difficult to survive even if you retreat as soon as you see the skill being used.
This skill gives you a great synergy with the Overwatch Doctine's other skill, flare.
I played OKW 30 games and Overwatch doctrine 20 games after the patch, but I felt very OP when I used this sector assault and when I used it.
Setting a Restricted Area for such a long period of time in such a large sector means turning the situation at just a click of a skill.
Considering previous CAS skills, this is obviously OP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5
Korea, Republic Of 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment