Login

russian armor

Anti Tank Overwatch feedback

13 Dec 2018, 15:06 PM

point still stand:
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 13:59 PMVipper
There is a major difference between loiter planes and arty. Loiter planes are hard countered by AA and especially the quad.
13 Dec 2018, 15:12 PM

The only point that should stand is "don't stand on the circle".
13 Dec 2018, 15:26 PM

Some of you should really test the ability before declaring yourselves experts and proceed to condescend to others.

The area of affect (circle on map) appears to be roughly twice the size of OKW zeroing arty, requires no LOS in order to place the ability (needs LOS to fire shells, this is the same as OKW zeroing), the shells start coming after 2 seconds (zeroing takes roughly 10 seconds to start hitting), and is 100 munitions cheaper than OKW zeroing arty.

Only things that OKW zeroing arty does better than AT overwatch is kill static emplacements and infantry, oh and deplete all of your precious munitions.

13 Dec 2018, 15:51 PM

If only we had green T-34s I could think of some really neat ways to abuse this.

One or two regular ones might do :)

13 Dec 2018, 21:51 PM

OK so after playing the game with the ability I can add some up to date feedback: it's a very strong ability that doesn't really feel like it's ramping up. It felt very much all in all at once, perhaps reducing the tracking to 60-70 and having that ramp up as well might do the trick?
It felt like if you started moving when you saw the flares you moved too late and blitzing tanks were not quick enough to escape.
13 Dec 2018, 21:59 PM

The radius is waaaaay too big. Needs to match zeroing.
13 Dec 2018, 22:00 PM

Its a one click skill remove of enemy tanks. I do not know what you guys were thinking with that ability.

Not like we already have that in the game already...

On a slightly different note, how much friendly fire does it tend to do? I’m imagining blocking tanks with t34s lol.
13 Dec 2018, 22:17 PM
Donator 11

This thing is ridiculously OP. Like OG arty cover has nothing on this. I just had a game where it was dropped on my KT and I started moving right away, and by the time it was out of the circle it was on less than 5% health. There is no counter, nada. Drop it on the pwerfer when it is shooting, it is gone. Literally makes all rocket arty obsolete for the germans.

Edit: also just for fun: in team games the second Russian just needs to drop it on the retreat path. Even if you started moving the second it was dropped all your tanks are gone. I don't even see how you could compare this to the AT stuka.
13 Dec 2018, 22:27 PM

Laser Guided Anti tank overwatch is the biggest f joke every since the brit AT arty BS was introduced. Its worse than any of the COH1 arty fest removing tanks, since those at least required some knowledge where enemy tanks are. At least that was counterable to an extent since tank pathfinding was not as stupidly broken as the "improved" pathfinding that was introduced.

Its whole concept is completely broken and it should have been obvious from the start. Uncounterable ability, really? That randomly shoots up your armor behind the fog of war?

It needs to removed completely and replaced with another, more sensible items, and the same process should be preferably done with the mod team.

The game is unplayable because of this ability in team games as all the Allied team has to do from 30th minute is to click on the ability often enough to delete or seriously damage enemy armor, and spam hordes of infantry, which is apparently the new meta. Why even bother with TDs that were buffed sky high when you can just click on the map to counter enemy armor, that was supposedly designed to counter better allied infantry?

13 Dec 2018, 23:24 PM

45 was too low but 90 is too high try 70 or 80 so u can doge it with fast tanks but heavy needs to get out fast
14 Dec 2018, 00:43 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 15:26 PMSully
Some of you should really test the ability before declaring yourselves experts and proceed to condescend to others.

The area of affect (circle on map) appears to be roughly twice the size of OKW zeroing arty, requires no LOS in order to place the ability (needs LOS to fire shells, this is the same as OKW zeroing), the shells start coming after 2 seconds (zeroing takes roughly 10 seconds to start hitting), and is 100 munitions cheaper than OKW zeroing arty.

oh god
14 Dec 2018, 06:44 AM

Although, it requires sight. Its not too strong if you stop the enemy getting sight on you.

Probably will get nerfed, so I'm spamming NKVD whilst its good, Commissar is the coolest inf unit in the game.
14 Dec 2018, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 06:44 AMNaOCl
Although, it requires sight. Its not too strong if you stop the enemy getting sight on you.

Probably will get nerfed, so I'm spamming NKVD whilst its good, Commissar is the coolest inf unit in the game.

Well, cause of the speed of bomb's drop , when a shell hit a tank (maybe not full damage, but splash is enough) it continues to give LOS for next one. So you need light of sight on beginning, but enemy tank will remain targeted for a lot of time.
14 Dec 2018, 15:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 15:26 PMSully

Only things that OKW zeroing arty does better than AT overwatch is kill static emplacements and infantry, oh and deplete all of your precious munitions.

Firefly_speechless.gif

The legacy of Party cover lives again it seems.
14 Dec 2018, 16:38 PM

Firefly_speechless.gif

The legacy of Party cover lives again it seems.

Yeah, but at least Soviets are UP otherwise....oh wait....oh no....

RIP
20 Dec 2018, 13:54 PM

really strong ability.
any eng damage and your tank its done.

even the might kt
20 Dec 2018, 17:57 PM

I think there's some variability with the first shot landing. A few times, it was near instantaneous, but yesterday I/team mate used it a few times and the first shot took like 10 seconds or so to land.
21 Dec 2018, 14:13 PM

Overwhelmingly strong, suicide'ed 2x SU-85 to maintain vision in exchange for killing 2 Elephants and 1 KT before they both died. That became the recurring theme that around where any heavy tank called in wouldn't even be snared, just hit once by SU then arty call in would normally finish them off even as they try to leave circle.

At 200 muni, Sov can continue to spam it and deny all heavy tank play.

This was a 4v4 though.
21 Dec 2018, 17:56 PM

Well, this sounds like fun
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment