Login

russian armor

Anti Tank Overwatch feedback

30 Dec 2018, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 12:54 PMVipper

Ostheer AT strafe can be counter by single quad.

And AT Overwatch can be countered by just moving out of circle, whats your point?
30 Dec 2018, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 12:39 PMKirrik
Stop this force multiplier meme already. That thing barely kills vet 0 jagdpanzer during full duration. One pass of Ost AT strafe is more impactful than current joke of ability since it actually kills stuff

Oh stop randomly claiming stuff without testing already.
Otherwise you'd know that:
- AT Overwatch can not be countered as opposed to all other AT strafes;
- AT Overwatch thus always stays a complete area denial tool for the full 45 seconds of the ability;
- One pass of Stuka AT can do as little as 10-25% damage to two Jagdpanzer IVs, 50% damage to one at most;
- AT Overwatch can deal up to 50% damage to two Jagdpanzers at once before they can realistically exit the circle.
30 Dec 2018, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 12:55 PMKirrik

And AT Overwatch can be countered by just moving out of circle, whats your point?

Both can be countered by moving out of the area, one can shoot down the planes in seconds with quad while one can not destroy enemy artillery.

If you opponent moves out of circle use it when you have snared enemy vehicles or use T-34 with ram. The this ability should completely counter enemy vehicles is simply flawed. Abilities should not be "I win buttons".
30 Dec 2018, 13:00 PM

Oh stop randomly claiming stuff without testing already.
Otherwise you'd know that:
- AT Overwatch can not be countered as opposed to all other AT strafes;
- One pass of Stuka AT can do as little as 10-25% damage to two Jagdpanzer IVs, 50% damage to one at most;
- AT Overwatch can deal up to 50% damage to two Jagdpanzers at once before they can realistically exit the circle.

https://streamable.com/mxavo

I dont see any further point in discussing with you or Vipper, it's waste of time
30 Dec 2018, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 13:00 PMKirrik

I dont see any further point in discussing with you or Vipper, it's waste of time

:snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
30 Dec 2018, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 13:00 PMKirrik

One video with some bad scatter and against 3 targets doesn't prove anything, especially not because this test does not represent the way the ability is supposed to be used. But I'm glad you agree that this discussion is a waste of time as long as you keep clinging to bias and unsupported claims.
30 Dec 2018, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 13:39 PMKirrik
And when I thought you could not get more pathetic... one minute worth of bad scatter? On three completely stationary non-moving tanks clustered near each other? And you dare accuse me of bias and unsupported claims? You're beyond delusional here

Lol so you would also claim an SU-85 is more accurate than a Jagdpanzer IV if in one video the JP4 happened to miss two shots while the SU-85 only missed one?

If even only 2-3 shells per tank would've had better scatter that's another 20-30% of HP gone. TL : DR one video does not prove anything and I happen to have actually tested the ability enough times to know it can do plenty of damage. It is not supposed to be a panic kill all tanks in area button and I have no idea why you think it should be.

It is cheap, it's the only real munitions dump in the commander and it's uncounterable. It performs well enough for its intended purpose and place within the doctrine.
30 Dec 2018, 19:11 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised a post for defamation
30 Dec 2018, 23:32 PM

It was given a penetration of 260, which has a 100% chance to penetrate all medium tanks (except vet 2 Panther and Brummbar). It was designed so it wouldn't do as much damage to slow super heavy tanks (KT, JT, etc.) anymore while still being deadly to mediums. And it still does quite a lot to heavies because of deflection damage and rear armor hits.

The penetration value it has is fine, the problem is that it does 60 damage when it does pen and 30 damage when it doesn't. My suggestion is to change it to 90 when penning and 45 when not penning.

Before it was 120 and guaranteed penetration. I think 90 with pen and 45 without is a much better balance than the current state.
30 Dec 2018, 23:40 PM

The penetration value it has is fine, the problem is that it does 60 damage when it does pen and 30 damage when it doesn't. My suggestion is to change it to 90 when penning and 45 when not penning.

Before it was 120 and guaranteed penetration. I think 90 with pen and 45 without is a much better balance than the current state.

That might be reasonable suggestion although values of 80/40 are better.
31 Dec 2018, 01:47 AM

Sure, my reason for it was to split the difference between what it was before (too strong) to what it is now (too weak).

The 5 second delay also helps any slower tanks GTFO of the zone once it drops, and since it won't ramp up for a while anyway, it does mean you can make it out before any major damage occurs.

31 Dec 2018, 03:22 AM

Lol so you would also claim an SU-85 is more accurate than a Jagdpanzer IV if in one video the JP4 happened to miss two shots while the SU-85 only missed one?

If even only 2-3 shells per tank would've had better scatter that's another 20-30% of HP gone. TL : DR one video does not prove anything and I happen to have actually tested the ability enough times to know it can do plenty of damage. It is not supposed to be a panic kill all tanks in area button and I have no idea why you think it should be.

It is cheap, it's the only real munitions dump in the commander and it's uncounterable. It performs well enough for its intended purpose and place within the doctrine.

If. There’s a lot less “if” with the Stuka strafe though, and that’s why it’s a lot more powerful. Also, it’ll complete attack runs even if you move outside of the circle and it’s already started one (doesn’t appear to even need to be firing yet, once it’s “decided” to attack a tank and starts the pass it seems to finish it) and it can definitely kill medium tanks in one pass.

I honestly don’t know a lot about the at overwatch, having not really seen/paid attention to it that much, but I just wanted to point out that Stuka CAS is very consistent in terms of damage and is able to kill most allied tanks outright since they’re mediums. Losing one medium is definitely worse than getting your panther/kt heavily damaged.
31 Dec 2018, 17:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBqSyUpU5vQ

35:20 shows good use of the ability as force multiplier during an assault and how effective it can be. Helps kill the Jagdtiger, keeps away the Panther from helping and kills a Panzer IV that came charging in. Again at 45:35.

IMO this shows the ability working exactly as effective as intended.

If ultimately everyone feels the ability is underwelming there is always the possibility to buff it by sligtly increasing the damage per shell, but I don't think it's needed. Do mind that as opposed to Stuka CAS, the ability can not be countered, tracks always (instead of strafes) and can track several targets at once.
31 Dec 2018, 21:49 PM

A vet-2 comet, an SU-85, and a ptrs penal squad throwing a satchel that catch a jagdtiger off guard from behind and block it from moving. Yeah that's... let's just say that the jagdtiger was gone without the AT overwatch being called in.

edit: I'll level with you tho, I don't think the ability should wipe tanks -- but the triple nerf it got (glorious Relic rule of 3) has made it not very worth it in the 100-200 rank play in team games.

If that range of play doesn't matter, then feel free to disregard my input.

The delay means you can leave the circle pretty confidently, and even if the first few shots land, they won't do enough damage because it's damage was cut in half and it was given a penetration value instead of the 'guarantee to pen' that all other artillery gets.

Point is that as of now, it's less than a quarter of the ability it was when first released -- and it was OP at that time, no doubt, but the over correction has now made it a disappointing waste of muni.

I'd rather have a p47 style AT loiter or Stuka CAS ability than what it currently is tbh.

As you said, that can be countered.

In terms of actual suggestion I stand by what I said. Keep the delay, keep the penetration value (I accept these two nerfs) but return some of the damage to 90. That's not even a full return, it's only a 50% return.

I think I am being reasonable in suggesting that. If the patch team/relic say "no", then so be it. I'll probably just use that as a "wait for some guy to bunch his pwerfers up together" ability than to actually kill anything heavier than an OKW p4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★