Login

russian armor

Let's speak about OST AT mine

PAGES (8)down
28 Nov 2018, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 14:51 PMNot
Trip wires are situational, as well as cheap 7 muni mines being locked in a shittie commander.
well whenu think about it trip wire are very similar to mine field and u get vision too but they do take more time to plant
28 Nov 2018, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 14:51 PMNot
Trip wires are situational, as well as cheap 7 muni mines being locked in a shittie commander.

Yes that make sense minefields with sings on them are OP but cheaper hidden mines are situational.
28 Nov 2018, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 14:43 PMzerocoh
BOTH ost mines are frigging broken, I have been saying this for years now.

Tellers are 50 munis and one shot vehicles (even mediums since they lose half their health meaning that anything can finish them off really fast)
S-mines costs 15 (FIFTEEN) for 4 mines that deals massive damage to squads and potentially wiping them. Not only that they are planted super fast and cover a big space, and trying to defuse these mines can potentially wipe your infantry since one mortar or something will set all mines off killing your engies.

Also, Teller mines STILL wipes infantry, I lost a game last week as USF because a 222 hit a teller wiping 2 rifleman that were flanking a MG, they are basically demo-charges with no triggers.
u might have missed the Obvious signal that tells u that there are s mines
28 Nov 2018, 15:01 PM

i said 6 men GREEN as the same stats cuase that's what he wants, the teller mine but without the draw back of not having a light tank

I wouldn't mind it if they had weapon upgrades locked behind doctrine, rifle nade took 15 seconds to launch and they had only 60% of current DPS.

Also, you really are making some crazy logical fallancies here since the two are unrelated in the slightest way. I do agree that nothing that costs 50 fuel or more should be OHK'd by a mine, maybe US AA HT being exception.
28 Nov 2018, 15:01 PM

"b-b-but MUH SIGNS!!!"

I don't remember infantry giving you sound warnings or getting around them when they are retreating...
Also, when you play at the lowest setting (which a lot of people do since performance is shit) those signs are almost impossible to spot. and the mines covers a HUGE space, you can lock down most 1v1 maps with 15 munis but ooohh the signs! they are sooo bad... at least in vcoh you could kill mines with small arms but in coh2 they are immune for some reason.

also, WM plant mines SO FUCKING FAST, it makes no sense. 3 seconds for s-mines and 8 seconds for tellers. meanwhile normal mines take 10 seconds and m20 takes 12.
28 Nov 2018, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 15:01 PMKatitof

I wouldn't mind it if they had weapon upgrades locked behind doctrine, rifle nade took 15 seconds to launch and they had only 60% of current DPS.

Also, you really are making some crazy logical fallancies here since the two are unrelated in the slightest way. I do agree that nothing that costs 50 fuel or more should be OHK'd by a mine, maybe US AA HT being exception.
... u really like to intentionally miss the point kat, it was just an example of gaining the pro but not the cons of 6 men squad, same for gaining the pro of teller mines without the cons
28 Nov 2018, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 15:01 PMzerocoh
"b-b-but MUH SIGNS!!!"

I don't remember infantry giving you sound warnings or getting around them when they are retreating...
Also, when you play at the lowest setting (which a lot of people do since performance is shit) those signs are almost impossible to spot. and the mines covers a HUGE space, you can lock down most 1v1 maps with 15 munis but ooohh the signs! they are sooo bad... at least in vcoh you could kill mines with small arms but in coh2 they are immune for some reason.

also, WM plant mines SO FUCKING FAST, it makes no sense. 3 seconds for s-mines and 8 seconds for tellers. meanwhile normal mines take 10 seconds and m20 takes 12.
1) u have eyes use them(i have a 745 gtx let u guess on what settings i play,and thats was an upgrade from the 260)
2) how the fuck did they put s mines in ur retreat path ? and can't u do the same with demo or any normal mine ?i do remember demo on retreat path was a good strat vs bloob and nobody was complaining, they nerfed the demo cause u could get free wipes by putting it on the cap point
btw u can kill mine with small arms but u need to see them and they got some armor if im not wrong
28 Nov 2018, 17:16 PM

Putting s-mines on retreat path on a large map is pretty doable. They get installed pretty fast tbh, and if it's a map where you know the retreat path, you can guarantee some wipes if your opponents don't chase after lone squads behind the front.

You could see something similar in the 2v2 tourney games with price/prodi planting demos on retreat paths too on Vaux Farmlands.

Tho tbh this I think is a good play and should be rewarded, as it's obviously a set up and based on the player's decisions not so much "lol ability OP".

Anyway, I have a hypothetical question since many people are of the opinion that m20 mine = teller (rather, riegel). Wouuld you be OK with the crew also being able to lay the mine when outside the vehicle?

Cuz that vehicle tends to not survive long, but the crew can probably outlive it.

28 Nov 2018, 17:18 PM

If we really need to Nerf it lower the damage to 2/3 of what it is so it does not one shot but give it the immobilize effect
28 Nov 2018, 17:23 PM
Donator 11

The difference between old demo and teller is that you need to spot the demo to defuse it. In case of teller, you can just drive over it if you have sweeper nearby. That means you don't have to follow the sweeper at all times with the camera to be safe.

That said, I would definitely prefer to have old demo back. It wasn't as bad as people made it look like. And in fact, now that you can only use it by hiding it behind a building, it is much more cheesy than before. It had legitimate uses before. Now it has only cheesy ones.
28 Nov 2018, 17:31 PM

The difference between old demo and teller is that you need to spot the demo to defuse it. In case of teller, you can just drive over it if you have sweeper nearby. That means you don't have to follow the sweeper at all times with the camera to be safe.

That said, I would definitely prefer to have old demo back. It wasn't as bad as people made it look like. And in fact, now that you can only use if by hiding it behind a building, it is much more cheesy than before. It had legitimate uses before. Now it has only cheesy ones.
maybe just restrict it to cover ? or be visible when it's out of cover (this while still not being able to put it on caps as that is cancer)
28 Nov 2018, 17:35 PM
Donator 11

maybe just restrict it to cover ? or be visible when it's out of cover (this while still not being able to put it on caps as that is cancer)

Yeah, giving it the camo only in cover was my proposal back then. But I guess it wasn't heard.
28 Nov 2018, 17:46 PM

Demolition charges and Tellar mines are two completely separated issues.

I would suggested that anyone who want to debate restoring demo to their old glory to start a thread about that.
28 Nov 2018, 17:51 PM
Donator 11

As for the teller topic itself, it is very easy to avoid tellers, especially if you are soviets. You just put a sweeper inside one of your m3 or other garrisonable vehicle and drive it around with your armour. Makes you completely teller-proof, including the ability to drive over mines, unless the mine gets shot.
28 Nov 2018, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 17:46 PMVipper
Demolition charges and Tellar mines are two completely separated issues.

I would suggested that anyone who want to debate restoring demo to their old glory to start a thread about that.

Do you believe there should exist zero player input abilities that delete instantly expensive units?

Yes.

or

No.
28 Nov 2018, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 20:09 PMKatitof

Do you believe there should exist zero player input abilities that delete instantly expensive units?

Yes.

or

No.

^This

I don't see what is so hard to understand about how these things are similar.

Fine, they are not the EXACT same issue. They are pretty fucking similar, except in one instance your losing a 70+ fuel investment...
28 Nov 2018, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 20:09 PMKatitof

Yes.

or

No.

You mean like 2 soviet/ukf mines placed one next to other killing a luch or Puma?
or
you mean like a mine and demo charge killing a Panther as they used to do?
28 Nov 2018, 21:42 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2018, 21:31 PMVipper

You mean like 2 soviet/ukf mines placed one next to other killing a luch or Puma?
or
you mean like a mine and demo charge killing a Panther as they used to do?

Notice how youre using the past tense
28 Nov 2018, 22:28 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2018, 21:53 PMTobis

You can always sweep for your one light vehicle. You can't always sweep for your 8 infantry squads.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2018, 23:17 PMTobis
My point is the demo was a much bigger deal, they are not on the same level of cancer.

I'd like to see the ohk removed from teller if they adjust the LV meta. Right now in 1v1 LVs are king, ostheer goes mobile defense for a puma in 9/10 games. Soviets go for a t70 in every single matchup. Nerfing the ohk on the teller would make even more players rush for mobile defense puma. It would have a negative impact on the meta. It's kinda cheesy but the meta right now requires it.

The t70 and flame ht need to be less effective against retreating units. Once that is done tellers can lose the OHK.

28 Nov 2018, 22:38 PM

It's not something you can fundamentally fix. If you reduce the damage on the Teller, you can just put down two in the same spot and it's an OHK again.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight