Login

russian armor

Stug

27 Nov 2018, 14:52 PM

Almost a whole faction is some "sidetech from 44"

OKW:

Most things are pre-war or standard german equipment. MG34, leIG18, Panzer II, K98 and G43, Panzer IV, Panther,...

also these arnt special:

Stuka zu Fuß (late 1940)
Tiger II Königstiger (late 1943)
Sturmtiger (late 1943)

The only things were 1944.

Jagdtiger (1944)
Jagdpanzer IV (1944)
UHU (late 1944 Technogogie of 1940)
STG44 Infrarot (1945 Technologie 1944)

And most of them are Commander exclusives, like said before.

So the fraction is a mutant of early and late German equipment. It is mainly designed as confusing patchwork.

Edit: But yes, Brits are mostly 1944 and 1945. With some Afrika-Character.
27 Nov 2018, 16:32 PM

Back to topic:

There are some options to optimize StuG G and StuG E. I am for make them more allrounder units.

So StuG gets a AI ability, StuG E gets an changed AT ability.

StuG G

-Price from 280mp 90fuel to 280mp 100fuel
-Range from 50 to 55.
Remove the critical-hit and change it with an AI ability:
-7,5 cm Sprg. 34 ability (1 x direct shot at target with high explosive round -> fast and direct projectile, same effect as StuG E shell)

StuG E

The critical-shot gets replaced, my ideas:

a. 1 x shot in lower angle, same speed as normal StuG E projectile, range 30, 100% accuracy. PaK40-critical-shot effect. (improved currenct ability, less range, more power)

b. change munition (like Sherman) changing its munition to hollow-charge-shells. High angle shots will medium pen and 60 damage.

c. something like bunker-burst (boring idea, because it still has high range and fast reload ^^)

My favorit is a.

Beside, I am a fan of changing the line-up of Ostheer.

T3:
StuG E
StuG G
Panzer IV

T4:
Panther
Ostwind
Panzerwerfer

That would also give the option to buff Ostwind. Brummbär becomes a Commander-unit in Mechanized-Commander and new Community-Commander. (revamp)
30 Nov 2018, 14:59 PM

While i certainly like this unit being a glass kannon, which can trade effectivly due to ist low cost, i still think it might need a nittle adjustment.

I feel like this unit doesnt add up when fighting bigger armor, IS2/ISU. espcially against an ISU the lack of range and penetration and possibility to flank makes the stug a bit akward to use. I would suggest a small penetration buff for the stug to compensate.

What bothers me the most however is the awkward vet1 ability, it takes so long to pull of while doing less dmg then a regular shot. Most of the times ist just better to shoot a regular shot and pray for Damage then this. Either reduce the aim time, or replace it with a supression ability that could function similar to
the USA paratrooper one

----------
This unit is low-tech (T2) And cheaper than a T34.
For High end Allied Armor, you use the Panther. Which can eat a Pershing Solo.
It used to eat everything allied solo and win easily doing so.

They nerfed it so you couldn't do that anymore. Please adjust.
Every vehicle medium and below : Use StuG. It still eats Churchill and any KV-Family tank.
So be a man. Make a Panther.
30 Nov 2018, 15:01 PM

Back to topic:

There are some options to optimize StuG G and StuG E. I am for make them more allrounder units.

So StuG gets a AI ability, StuG E gets an changed AT ability.

StuG G

-Price from 280mp 90fuel to 280mp 100fuel
-Range from 50 to 55.
Remove the critical-hit and change it with an AI ability:
-7,5 cm Sprg. 34 ability (1 x direct shot at target with high explosive round -> fast and direct projectile, same effect as StuG E shell)

StuG E

The critical-shot gets replaced, my ideas:

a. 1 x shot in lower angle, same speed as normal StuG E projectile, range 30, 100% accuracy. PaK40-critical-shot effect. (improved currenct ability, less range, more power)

b. change munition (like Sherman) changing its munition to hollow-charge-shells. High angle shots will medium pen and 60 damage.

c. something like bunker-burst (boring idea, because it still has high range and fast reload ^^)

My favorit is a.

Beside, I am a fan of changing the line-up of Ostheer.

T3:
StuG E
StuG G
Panzer IV

T4:
Panther
Ostwind
Panzerwerfer

That would also give the option to buff Ostwind. Brummbär becomes a Commander-unit in Mechanized-Commander and new Community-Commander. (revamp)

Giving StuG range 55 means removing hulldown range bonus.
Which means it removes Panther range bonus, which is not what you want.
30 Nov 2018, 16:21 PM

I don't see a reason a hulled down stug couldn't put in with the allied TDs as you are basically making an emplacement out of it. If hull down had a small decanting time it would make it vulnerable to flanks.
Despite their best efforts it seems simply nerfing hull down and making it quicker to cast only made it less attractive-havnt seen it once since
30 Nov 2018, 16:40 PM

----------
This unit is low-tech (T2) And cheaper than a T34.
For High end Allied Armor, you use the Panther. Which can eat a Pershing Solo.
It used to eat everything allied solo and win easily doing so.

They nerfed it so you couldn't do that anymore. Please adjust.
Every vehicle medium and below : Use StuG. It still eats Churchill and any KV-Family tank.
So be a man. Make a Panther.

Actually a Panther can't reliably beat a Pershing 1v1. Pershing has better armour and better fire rate. Before the Panther got a health and fire rate buff, it was an easy win for Pershing. Now it's about 50/50.
30 Nov 2018, 18:21 PM

Actually a Panther can't reliably beat a Pershing 1v1. Pershing has better armour and better fire rate. Before the Panther got a health and fire rate buff, it was an easy win for Pershing. Now it's about 50/50.

How does the pen stack up? Because the panther is only 10armour lower than the Pershing, I don't recall the pen on the panther and don't think I ever saw the pen for the Pershing.
30 Nov 2018, 19:25 PM

How does the pen stack up? Because the panther is only 10armour lower than the Pershing, I don't recall the pen on the panther and don't think I ever saw the pen for the Pershing.

Panther vet 0
Armor: 260/90 Health: 960

Penetration near 260
Penetration mid 240
Penetration far 220

Panther vet 3
Armor: 286/99 Health: 960

Penetration near 260
Penetration mid 240
Penetration far 220

Pershing vet 0-3
Armor: 300/110 Health: 800

Penetration near 260
Penetration mid 240
Penetration far 220

AP round
Penetration near 400
Penetration mid 350
Penetration far 300
30 Nov 2018, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2018, 19:25 PMVipper

Panther vet 0
Armor: 260/90 Health: 960

Penetration near 260
Penetration mid 240
Penetration far 220

Panther vet 3
Armor: 286/99 Health: 960

Penetration near 260
Penetration mid 240
Penetration far 220

Pershing vet 0-3
Armor: 300/110 Health: 800

Penetration near 260
Penetration mid 240
Penetration far 220

AP round
Penetration near 400
Penetration mid 350
Penetration far 300

RIGHT they dropped the armour alot on the panther. Thanks again vipp don't know what I'd do without you
30 Nov 2018, 23:29 PM

RIGHT they dropped the armour alot on the panther. Thanks again vipp don't know what I'd do without you

Your welcomed.

Yes the have reduce the armor of the Panther allot, a vet 2 SU-85 has 100% chance to hit and penetrate a Panther vet 3 at range 60-0.
1 Dec 2018, 00:00 AM

Giving StuG range 55 means removing hulldown range bonus.
Which means it removes Panther range bonus, which is not what you want.

Whats the problem with StuG 65 range bonus in hulldown?

The extra range only allows the first shot on sight. StuGs will stilll be easy counterd by PaKs, ISU152, flanking and infantry.
1 Dec 2018, 00:21 AM

Whats the problem with StuG 65 range bonus in hulldown?

Its very simple:

A cheap, durable, medium tank counter doesn't need it.

Its T3 vehicle that isn't really supposed to fight its own counters.
1 Dec 2018, 00:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2018, 23:29 PMVipper

Your welcomed.

Yes the have reduce the armor of the Panther allot, a vet 2 SU-85 has 100% chance to hit and penetrate a Panther vet 3 at range 60-0.

Yea that's a bit much. To be fair panthers were the real problematic high armour unit since you could get multiple and they are fast. with its armour fallen I'd like to see cuts across the board
1 Dec 2018, 03:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Do people actually use hulldown on a turretless tank?
I haven't seen hulldown in years, and literally never seen someone use it with a stug.
1 Dec 2018, 03:44 AM

Its very simple:

A cheap, durable, medium tank counter doesn't need it.

Its T3 vehicle that isn't really supposed to fight its own counters.

Wait, didn't you say that OST t4 was just a premium tier?
1 Dec 2018, 04:02 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Wait, didn't you say that OST t4 was just a premium tier?

Shhhhh don't tell anyone this, but if OST T3 has stock mediums like Soviet T4, Soviets must be OP cause 4 > 3 right?

1 Dec 2018, 05:17 AM

IMO tank destroyers should get high accuracy, good pen but mediocre ROF so they can reliably keep heavy tanks and heavy TDs away while not being very good against mediums.

This is where the problem is, Firefly kills Panther which cost more easily. And teching for it is much harder than it is for British player. I would reduce the accuracy of 60 range TD's from max range by 50%. So to reliably hit a tank they would need to close to that 40-50 range where every tank can hit.

This doesn't mean they would close to that distance, but it wouldn't make them so damn easy to use with their superior range and every hit dealing so much damage which for axis is so much harder to repair compared to allies.
1 Dec 2018, 05:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2018, 03:39 AMTobis
Do people actually use hulldown on a turretless tank?
I haven't seen hulldown in years, and literally never seen someone use it with a stug.

Hulldown is useless with the ease of allies infantry to get superior anti-tank weapons. Soviets ptrs to penal AT satchel from su85 60 range sniping. USF can just get bazookas to rear echelons to easily to destroy hulldown tanks and 57mm AT-guns with veterancy has the best range & rof of the game with good penetration.
1 Dec 2018, 06:17 AM

Id personally prefer if we didn't return to the double stug>All meta.
1 Dec 2018, 06:27 AM

Yea that's a bit much. To be fair panthers were the real problematic high armour unit since you could get multiple and they are fast. with its armour fallen I'd like to see cuts across the board

Only way to get multiple panther is only in 3v3 - 4v4 games. There is no chance in 1v1 or 2v2 games to get multiple panthers.

If you go as axis double panther you have to be 100% certain you are winning always the infantry engagements as Panther does not help you at all in AI firepower.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★