Login

russian armor

USF Tech Changes Mod Changelog

PAGES (17)down
18 Nov 2018, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2018, 21:38 PMKasarov
I think removing Pack Howi auto attack to improve the number of shells in the barrage to 6 (with a slight cost decrease) would be an interesting change. It would basically be like a mini LeFH/ML-20 but mobile, or an infantry version of the Priest. This would be both unique and it would decrease overlap between mortar, howi, and scott.

Sounds like an interesting idea but on the other hand should USF have superior infantry then Ostheer and superior support weapons?

Once more the idea of buffing things or cloning units across factions without taking into account factions strengths and weakness is bad.

If pack howitzer has little reason to be built replace it with mortar in the tech tree (no reason for a T0 mortar in the current tech system ) and make it doctrinal.

With the little testing I have I see little reason for USF to actually unlock anything else then LT, Cap, Major and go for the new Dozer which is broken for the price of Sherman+munition or M8a1.

Removing the T0 mortar would may actually force them to unlock it.
18 Nov 2018, 12:23 PM

Is it possible to give exp for building USF tech buildings like Soviet and Ostheer has? That would allow USF to reach CPs earlier therefore units like pathfinders or greyhound more accessable.

Simple change and would help many doctrines be more atractive

18 Nov 2018, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 11:50 AMVipper

Sounds like an interesting idea but on the other hand should USF have superior infantry then Ostheer and superior support weapons?

Once more the idea of buffing things or cloning units across factions without taking into account factions strengths and weakness is bad.

If pack howitzer has little reason to be built replace it with mortar in the tech tree (no reason for a T0 mortar in the current tech system ) and make it doctrinal.

With the little testing I have I see little reason for USF to actually unlock anything else then LT, Cap, Major and go for the new Dozer which is broken for the price of Sherman+munition or M8a1.

How a 6 shell barrage PACK howi would be superior to panzerwerfer murder barrage?
Because the whole point of that kind of change is to give USF cooldown only barrage weapon that all other factions have in form of rocket arty(and brits with their gimmicky but now I suppose functional base howis).

Moreover, you hardly are competitive meta player from the couple of times I've played against you, so while you personally can not see alternatives, people who play on higher level might, meta isn't something you can predict, not even as top player.
18 Nov 2018, 13:18 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 12:23 PMStark

Is it possible to give exp for building USF tech buildings like Soviet and Ostheer has? That would allow USF to reach CPs earlier therefore units like pathfinders or greyhound more accessable.

Simple change and would help many doctrines be more atractive

Not sure if this is possible to mod. But def. worth it to think about it.
18 Nov 2018, 13:25 PM

Because the whole point of that kind of change is to give USF cooldown only barrage weapon that all other factions have in form of rocket arty(and brits with their gimmicky but now I suppose functional base howis).

UKF base howies aren't an indirect fire substitute with their current throw range. They're very slow, ineffective grenades.

Until the flares actually outrange HMGs, they don't serve the role of a mortar or a rocket arty, because you've got to pull off a flank to throw the flare down. If you've done that, you might as well just throw a normal grenade at the HMG because it's more effective.

The only real use of UKF base howitzers right now is stunning vehicles in team games.
18 Nov 2018, 13:54 PM

Love those changes, now you aren't forced into 3 rifle + LT/CAP due to those coming before.

2 rifles + mortar + LT/CAP will actually leave some space for late game infantry like Para and Rangers.
18 Nov 2018, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 13:25 PMLago

UKF base howies aren't an indirect fire substitute with their current throw range. They're very slow, ineffective grenades.

Until the flares actually outrange HMGs, they don't serve the role of a mortar or a rocket arty, because you've got to pull off a flank to throw the flare down. If you've done that, you might as well just throw a normal grenade at the HMG because it's more effective.

The only real use of UKF base howitzers right now is stunning vehicles in team games.

Can't get why they can't make it a proper howie that can receive direct firing orders but pay an off map like cost...

I mean, they are still trying to pretend that one day they will manage to turn it into the mortar support ukf needs.....
18 Nov 2018, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 11:50 AMVipper

And give back smoke to rifles?
18 Nov 2018, 14:36 PM

Can't get why they can't make it a proper howie that can receive direct firing orders but pay an off map like cost...

I mean, they are still trying to pretend that one day they will manage to turn it into the mortar support ukf needs.....

I have another idea for the base howitzers.

Make them the British Katuysha/Panzerwerfer, non-doc area denial tool.

Buildings come up without the guns crewed, if you want them you gotta upgrade them and then use ammo to fire them like you said, similar to an off map that is there regardless of the doctrine chosen.

However that doesn't fix their mobile mortar problem, only a mortar team will be able to fix that.

Edit: The IS Pyrotechnics get replaced by Recon section upgrade, forgot to mention that.

It would given them a scoped Lee-Enfield and the ability to snipe like in CoH. Cheaper and ammo based alternative to the 360 manpower Sniper.

Edit2: Forgot to mention that the base 25 pounders will be able to be fired individually then with an ability from their respective buildings or something, I also thought about a commander ability, similar to the King Tiger that coordinates both of them but since you're paying to first crew them (upgrade) and then ammo to use them it only sounds fair that you get more utility out of them.
18 Nov 2018, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 14:15 PMEsxile

And give back smoke to rifles?

Why? do other mainline infantries have it?
18 Nov 2018, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 14:53 PMVipper

ok, give flame nade to rifleman, fair?

18 Nov 2018, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 16:28 PMblancat

ok, give flame nade to rifleman, fair?

Actually I have repeatedly said that DOT weapons should be removed from mainline infantry. Does that suit you?
18 Nov 2018, 17:02 PM

Could you focus your discussion on USF's tech rework?
You can make other threads to talk about UKF or how Volks lava grenades are BS. (They are)

That said I do feel this rework is the only buff USF needs, now the changes could move onto further Commanders reworks, as those who help you skip tech will fall behind with how easy and rewarding. is to back tech now for USF.
18 Nov 2018, 17:09 PM

Do all mainline infantry have passive or active healing, do all mainline infantry upgrade on the field etc... I was expecting better from you.
18 Nov 2018, 17:58 PM

You can make other threads to talk about UKF or how Volks lava grenades are BS. (They are)

That said I do feel this rework is the only buff USF needs, now the changes could move onto further Commanders reworks, as those who help you skip tech will fall behind with how easy and rewarding. is to back tech now for USF.

I think we should talk about it because it's all connected, think of it like a domino effect.
18 Nov 2018, 20:06 PM

My comment was exactly about USF tech. It has being argued in this thread that since USF have a mortar unlocking the pack howitzer is not worth and thus the howi (in the usual unimaginative manner)should be buffed to become more attractive.

I simply pointed out that riflemen are better than grenadiers , USF and Wer moratrs are about equal thus buffing the USF howi would make USF have better tech tree, better infantry and better indirect fire weapon. I really don't see a reason why.

I suggested instead that the mortar should replace the howi in the tech tree and the howi could become a doctrinal unit.

Imo the pak howizter does not need buff, becoming more attractive is simply not a good reason.

In addition with the new tech tree I see even less reason for USF to have access to a no tech mortar.
18 Nov 2018, 20:08 PM

In case you probably missed it, US doesn't have any other early game way of dealing with HMG, contrary to, you know, ALL OTHER FACTIONS with smoke, snipers or early game transports/flamers.
18 Nov 2018, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 20:08 PMKatitof
In case you probably missed it, US doesn't have any other early game way of dealing with HMG, contrary to, you know, ALL OTHER FACTIONS with smoke, snipers or early game transports/flamers.

T0 mortar, that can also shoot smoke?
18 Nov 2018, 20:51 PM

T0 mortar, that can also shoot smoke?

He's talking about the mortar. Vipper was suggesting removing it.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS