Login

russian armor

USF Tech Changes Mod Changelog

PAGES (17)down
18 Nov 2018, 20:55 PM
Patrion 14

Yeees at last... USF are soo bad... Okw just spams inf and Ost just makes a sniper, then a flamer and its gg
18 Nov 2018, 21:30 PM

Could you focus your discussion on USF's tech rework?
You can make other threads to talk about UKF or how Volks lava grenades are BS. (They are)

That said I do feel this rework is the only buff USF needs, now the changes could move onto further Commanders reworks, as those who help you skip tech will fall behind with how easy and rewarding. is to back tech now for USF.

I agree that this is most of what the USF needs, but some of the others are correct in that the ambulance is too vulnerable and could use some rework.

Here is a 15 second video from a 4v4 that shows how vulnerable USF can be, even late game. In short, I traded one Panther for a Pershing, a Jackson, two ambulances, a Katyusha, a major, and a several infantry models. Had I not misclicked in the middle of the dive, I wouldn't have lost the Panther.

https://youtu.be/0WDTuMldkgU
18 Nov 2018, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 20:08 PMKatitof

In case you probably missed it, US doesn't have any other early game way of dealing with HMG, contrary to, you know, ALL OTHER FACTIONS with smoke, snipers or early game transports/flamers.

You mean like flanking, or smoke that they can get for RE for the amazing price of 15 fuel?

And what do UKF have to deal with HMGs in the early game?

Now PLS stop trying to derail another thread by trying to prove me wrong.

You have an opinion and I have mine try to respect that and pls stop being personal.
18 Nov 2018, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 21:30 PMGrumpy

I agree that this is most of what the USF needs, but some of the others are correct in that the ambulance is too vulnerable and could use some rework.

Here is a 15 second video from a 4v4 that shows how vulnerable USF can be, even late game. In short, I traded one Panther for a Pershing, a Jackson, two ambulances, a Katyusha, a major, and a several infantry models. Had I not misclicked in the middle of the dive, I wouldn't have lost the Panther.

https://youtu.be/0WDTuMldkgU

I'm afraid that this won't be adressed, as frustrating as it's to lose 250 manpower in a single shot, but it would be nice if USF healing stopped being the easiest to deny entirely.

Pershing is overrated as hell IMHO, Panther having more HP than it can easily swing it on it's favour, everything else I see there is often what happens when you play USF. It's lategame is just like spinning plates, at least now you don't instantly lose when they get out a tank, heh.
18 Nov 2018, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 21:47 PMVipper

You mean like flanking, or smoke that they can get for RE for the amazing price of 15 fuel?

All factions have fuel free option to counter HMGs without use of flanking, why UKF should be any different here?

And what do UKF have to deal with HMGs in the early game?

Now PLS stop trying to derail another thread by trying to prove me wrong.

You have an opinion and I have mine try to respect that and pls stop being personal.

Get off of your high horse and stop pretending that you are always right no matter what and everyone else should bow to your opinion and I might actually consider it.
18 Nov 2018, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 21:58 PMKatitof

At this point I will simply ignore any personal comment you make. Have a nice day.

Returning to topic and suggestion there no real reason for the howitzer to be buffed.
18 Nov 2018, 22:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2018, 21:59 PMVipper

At this point I simply ignore any personal comment you make. Have a nice day.

Returning to topic and suggestion there no real reason for the howitzer to be buffed.

+1

The pack howie is one of the most toxic units in this came and any suggestion that it is UP is ridiculous.
Furthermore the idea that its pop cap is too high is further negated by the fact that I often see 2 of these fucking things on a regular basis.

On many maps they are literally unkillable unless you you tech to something like arty or werfer, but by then you have just endured 30 min of frustrating and disgusting gameplay.

18 Nov 2018, 22:32 PM

+1

The pack howie is one of the most toxic units in this came and any suggestion that it is UP is ridiculous.
Furthermore the idea that its pop cap is too high is further negated by the fact that I often see 2 of these fucking things on a regular basis.

On many maps they are literally unkillable unless you you tech to something like arty or werfer, but by then you have just endured 30 min of frustrating and disgusting gameplay.

2 Pack Howitzers?
Is this 4vs4?
18 Nov 2018, 22:50 PM

2 Pack Howitzers?
Is this 4vs4?

I find you need the 50 cal or AA HT in 4v4 unless someone else brings a suppression platform. Without it you get pushed off the map.
18 Nov 2018, 22:56 PM

I'm afraid that this won't be adressed, as frustrating as it's to lose 250 manpower in a single shot, but it would be nice if USF healing stopped being the easiest to deny entirely.

Pershing is overrated as hell IMHO, Panther having more HP than it can easily swing it on it's favour, everything else I see there is often what happens when you play USF. It's lategame is just like spinning plates, at least now you don't instantly lose when they get out a tank, heh.

Too bad about the ambulance. I'm not sure why they are so slow in the game. The real ones were capable of 90km/h, yet it is modeled at about 1/3 that speed. Even just fixing the speed would help tremendously.

The Pershing is overrated because it's pretty good in 1v1, and most of the attention on this website is geared towards 1v1. In a 3v3 or 4v4, it doesn't have the same value as a shock unit. My teammate and I killed three or four of them while fighting over the island in that game. I'm not sure anyone could fix it so that it would be useful in 3's or 4's without it being broken in 1's.
19 Nov 2018, 05:40 AM

+1

And getting instantly suppressed is frustrating every time but nobody actually talks about that. Not to mention the sniper accuracy mortars.

And to settle this for good, the Pack Howitzer is fine as it is. No buff, no nerf. Leave it as it is.
19 Nov 2018, 06:06 AM
Patrion 14

I like the mod a lot, it's similar to the one I did earlier this month.

Timing: Personally, I'd make lieutenant 20 fuel since it allows to directly tech lieutenant after the 2nd rifle. Put the 10 fuel in the unlock tech instead. Is the price higher than 20 then people are still forced into a 3rd rifle and no real diversification in build is achieved since reaching 30 fuel takes too long to sit on that much manpower to stall for lieutenant instead of going another rifle.

I prefer the global upgrade in my mod since it makes thematically a bit more sense to unlock "motor pool" from the hq for all tiers, but that's just personal preference. This approach is safer.

If you need any help. I'd be happy to. Here the mod published on the for reference :) : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1553135357

The m20 changes are very good as it gives it more useful veterancy that supplements its role. Nicely done. :)

Things one could consider is to change the m20 mine to a teller clone. Lower the cost to 40 muni and copy the teller. This solves several things: 1) the endless discussion about how powerful the m20 mine is and how frustrating complete disables are 2) the high cost for an useful anti tank mine.
19 Nov 2018, 07:04 AM

Played few games in a mod as and vs USF and...

M20
To be honest i feel like m20 earns vet crazy fast like ostheer 251 flame HT. The additional accuracy is after each vet lvl is really good but with a low exprience requirement makes it even too good. I would say: revert the vet reduction

Captain and Lieutenant
Another thing, Captain and Lieutenant tech costs 150 mp and 30 fuel each. That's quite low price assumming that you get another "battlefaze" and free, elite unit. Of course it is one of the uniqueness of USF faction design and thanks to a Bar upgrade you don't feel it too strong with early shock value BUT anycase it feels like it gives too much for it's costs. Even if only elite unit would cost 150MP and 30 fuel that would be really cheap. I would suggest to make it 200MP. Then it would be more fair immo although it needs a lot more testing.

So again i suggest to keep in eye on those changes and how big inpact they have in a gameplay vs USF. If needed adjust the prices.
19 Nov 2018, 07:20 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2018, 07:04 AMStark
Captain and Lieutenant
BUT anycase it feels like it gives too much for it's costs. Even if only elite unit would cost 150MP and 30 fuel that would be really cheap. I would suggest it to make it 200MP would be more fair immo although it needs a lot more testing.

Captain and lieutenant are not really elite units, they are a rifle squad with a thompson and worse received accuracy. Personally I'd however also put the cost to 200 and remove the 50 from the unlock.
19 Nov 2018, 07:20 AM

I've always found argument that: "they make factions too same" weird, as its often only refered towards things like, having mortar team for faction or lack of sniper or flamethrower or etc.

I myself believe, that every faction should have access to same basic tools avaiable, mortar, hmg team, flamethrower or hell sniper could be considered as a tool. With units like vehicles, elites and tanks and maybe basic infatry/engineers you can go assymmetrical, like with current medium tank lineup (cromwell most mobile, t 34 cheap, okw pnz4 most durable, ost pnz 4 decent allarounder and sherman very adaptable infantry support vehicle.

I hate the idea we need to keep for example brittish crippled when it comes to mobile indirect fire, forcing its mortars be stationary as it would be "too simular" or force flamethrowers as only doctrinal tool so they are not "too simular".
19 Nov 2018, 07:40 AM

I myself believe, that every faction should have access to same basic tools avaiable, mortar, hmg team, flamethrower or hell sniper could be considered as a tool. With units like vehicles, elites and tanks and maybe basic infatry/engineers you can go assymmetrical, like with current medium tank lineup (cromwell most mobile, t 34 cheap, okw pnz4 most durable, ost pnz 4 decent allarounder and sherman very adaptable infantry support vehicle.

I hate the idea we need to keep for example brittish crippled when it comes to mobile indirect fire, forcing its mortars be stationary as it would be "too simular" or force flamethrowers as only doctrinal tool so they are not "too simular".

+1
19 Nov 2018, 07:45 AM

I like the mod a lot, it's similar to the one I did earlier this month.

Timing: Personally, I'd make lieutenant 20 fuel since it allows to directly tech lieutenant after the 2nd rifle. Put the 10 fuel in the unlock tech instead. Is the price higher than 20 then people are still forced into a 3rd rifle and no real diversification in build is achieved since reaching 30 fuel takes too long to sit on that much manpower to stall for lieutenant instead of going another rifle.

Isn't the opposite? if you make the lieutenant 20 fuel, everyone is going to do 3xRM into lieutenant. As it is in the mod, you can do both.
19 Nov 2018, 08:54 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2018, 07:45 AMEsxile
Isn't the opposite? if you make the lieutenant 20 fuel, everyone is going to do 3xRM into lieutenant. As it is in the mod, you can do both.

The idea is to have the fuel low enough that it can be 2 rifles, lt, mg for example. If it is 30 fuel you are floating so much manpower that you will go a 3rd rifle because you don't want to float 400+ manpower until you have enough fuel to get the lieutenant. Manpower is not the restricting factor at that point.

Captain for 20 could be something to look at as well, my comment was more concerning the fact that usf basically always has to go 3 rifles before getting an officer currently. 30 fuel from a timing perspective is still not enough to change that because even with perfect capping you are floating manpower, so 3 rifles would still be the automatic result. 20 fuel is low enough to allow for 2 rifles and then lt, mg.

What do you mean with "you can both"?

3 rifles, lt; 3 rifles, cpt; 2 rifles, lt, mg are still more different build order options than 3 rifles, lt; 3 rifles, cpt ;)
19 Nov 2018, 09:20 AM

The idea is to have the fuel low enough that it can be 2 rifles, lt, mg for example. If it is 30 fuel you are floating so much manpower that you will go a 3rd rifle because you don't want to float 400+ manpower until you have enough fuel to get the lieutenant. Manpower is not the restricting factor at that point.

Captain for 20 could be something to look at as well, my comment was more concerning the fact that usf basically always has to go 3 rifles before getting an officer currently. 30 fuel from a timing perspective is still not enough to change that because even with perfect capping you are floating manpower, so 3 rifles would still be the automatic result. 20 fuel is low enough to allow for 2 rifles and then lt, mg.

What do you mean with "you can both"?

3 rifles, lt; 3 rifles, cpt; 2 rifles, lt, mg are still more different build order options than 3 rifles, lt; 3 rifles, cpt ;)

In the mod, you can do
2xRE + 2xRM
3xRM + Lieutenant
2xRM + Lieutenant + 1xRM or anything else such as mortar, HMG or Pathfinder.
There is also the grenade unlock, I haven't tested it but grenade before lieutenant is also a consideration.
19 Nov 2018, 09:29 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2018, 09:20 AMEsxile

In the mod, you can do
2xRE + 2xRM
3xRM + Lieutenant
2xRM + Lieutenant + 1xRM or anything else such as mortar, HMG or Pathfinder.
There is also the grenade unlock, I haven't tested it but grenade before lieutenant is also a consideration.

No, you can't do the 3rd option, because you'd float manpower. And that's exactly why I said Lt should be 20 fuel and the 10 fuel put into the unlock tech for light vehicles ;)
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 95
unknown 11
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %