Login

russian armor

OKW

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
14 Oct 2018, 21:27 PM

Permanently Banned
Will they ever nerf the oppressive faction that is OKW and especially its early game? It is literally toxic for newer players, so not surprised coh 2 is so dead nowadays especially on allied side. ALl of my friends have quit because of Sturmpios and A-move autowin nature of OKW, especially in lower elo since it is so easy to play and oppressive against anything but soviets if u play meta soviets since only crutch units Soviets work nowadays. sturmpio spam to Volk spam and having so much resources early is toxic. Will USF get buffed assengies aswell early on? Who ever thought of OKW design at Relic must have been dropped on their head as a child
15 Oct 2018, 00:15 AM

Tell us more about your experience with lower ELO.
15 Oct 2018, 00:36 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

This is both toxic and offensive to my seeing specticles, but not as much as your playercard :lolol:
15 Oct 2018, 02:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I, for one, always A-move my sturmpios.
15 Oct 2018, 04:58 AM

I think game mode is a big part if it. In 1v1 you can just cap somewhere else, but in team games the same size maps are divided between 2/3/4x as many players which often forces you to engage the sturmpios directly.
USF has it worst because at least ukf you can tank with the UC and you start with an infantry section. USF gets stuck with the underwhelming RE and lack any vehicles or suppression options that early.
15 Oct 2018, 05:01 AM

15 Oct 2018, 05:51 AM

A-move Sturmpios? So they will fight from long range, right? and than u struggle vs them? with what? a Medic?
15 Oct 2018, 07:06 AM

Will they ever nerf the oppressive faction that is OKW and especially its early game? It is literally toxic for newer players, so not surprised coh 2 is so dead nowadays especially on allied side. ALl of my friends have quit because of Sturmpios and A-move autowin nature of OKW, especially in lower elo since it is so easy to play and oppressive against anything but soviets if u play meta soviets since only crutch units Soviets work nowadays. sturmpio spam to Volk spam and having so much resources early is toxic. Will USF get buffed assengies aswell early on? Who ever thought of OKW design at Relic must have been dropped on their head as a child

they're not going to nerf it.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2018, 04:58 AMSerrith
I think game mode is a big part if it. In 1v1 you can just cap somewhere else, but in team games the same size maps are divided between 2/3/4x as many players which often forces you to engage the sturmpios directly.
USF has it worst because at least ukf you can tank with the UC and you start with an infantry section. USF gets stuck with the underwhelming RE and lack any vehicles or suppression options that early.

Doesn't work for USF, they just rush your cutoff.
15 Oct 2018, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2018, 07:06 AMEsxile

Doesn't work for USF, they just rush your cutoff.

What...?
15 Oct 2018, 07:36 AM

sturmpio spam to Volk spam

Sturmpio 'spam'? How does one spam a unit that costs 300MP and 30MP to reinforce? If an enemy builds more than 2 they will be ruined by manpower attrition. Also 'Volks spam' isn't really a thing because it's literally the only thing OKW can build lol.

On the other hand, team games also enable you to concentrate forces. The trick is not to send units in one by one against the Sturmpioneers that you know will be there, but to wait for at least one other squad and focus fire them.

15 Oct 2018, 07:46 AM

A-move Sturmpios? So they will fight from long range, right? and than u struggle vs them? with what? a Medic?

You are equally bad at sarcasm as you are with coh2.
15 Oct 2018, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2018, 07:08 AMSerrith

What...?

What for camping the entire map if the OKW player takes and hold your cutoff with 3 volks behind sandbags?
15 Oct 2018, 08:14 AM

USF has it worst

soviet say hello.
they have to build t1 (taking time) and then penals (more time, and lots of mp) to have half a chance because cons cant stand, the maxim wont cut it and CE.... well as i say, if players were not forced to use them... they wouldnt..
soviet have to forfeit all map control to face against the okw starter unit
15 Oct 2018, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2018, 07:58 AMEsxile

What for camping the entire map if the OKW player takes and hold your cutoff with 3 volks behind sandbags?

What, as in are you agreeing or disagreeing with me that USF has the worst time against sturmpios initially? You may have to re-read my initial post, because I think you may have missed my point.

soviet say hello.
they have to build t1 (taking time) and then penals (more time, and lots of mp) to have half a chance because cons cant stand, the maxim wont cut it and CE.... well as i say, if players were not forced to use them... they wouldnt..
soviet have to forfeit all map control to face against the okw starter unit

Maxim's cut it as much as any other single MG against a single unit. If they are flanked, they are screwed, if they are charged they suppress the target. But yes soviets do have to go either tier 1 or tier 2 to fight against sturmpios, that means they have options. USF does not.

15 Oct 2018, 09:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2018, 09:12 AMSerrith

What, as in are you agreeing or disagreeing with me that USF has the worst time against sturmpios initially? You may have to re-read my initial post, because I think you may have missed my point.

Maxim's cut it as much as any other single MG against a single unit. If they are flanked, they are screwed, if they are charged they suppress the target. But yes soviets do have to go either tier 1 or tier 2 to fight against sturmpios, that means they have options. USF does not.

USF has the worst start vs OKW, that's not breaking new but saying on 1vs1 you can just spread and cap the map is wrong. OKW player will just send all his forces at your cutoff and hold it with sandbags. That's basically the issue here, USF isn't designed as an early defensive faction.

Maxim are trash, and I'm not even a regular soviet player. They are only good if you already have penals or guards to suport them.
15 Oct 2018, 11:49 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2018, 00:15 AMKoRneY
Tell us more about your experience with lower ELO.

Im high ranked sov and it doesn't bother me because I can play against it/counter it however all my friends quit essentially after 50 hours or so because of OKW's design.

And whoever were saying about spamming, u can do that easily in team games.
15 Oct 2018, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2018, 09:34 AMEsxile

-but saying on 1vs1 you can just spread and cap the map is wrong. OKW player will just send all his forces at your cutoff and hold it with sandbags. That's basically the issue here,

Are these observations from the GCS, or personal experience? Because in my respective ELO brackets, OKW sturmpios rushing my cutoff in 1v1 is not a problem I have. For USF its the poor tech structure, and for UKF its cloaked raketens nuking my UC.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2018, 09:34 AMEsxile

Maxim are trash, and I'm not even a regular soviet player. They are only good if you already have penals or guards to suport them.

Maxims are fine with any infantry to support them because the fundamental way you use it doesn't change based on the soviet troop supporting it- that being suppress the target squad with maxim, keep that squad suppressed with the supporting unit, and switch and suppress the second target. Yeah flanking is a problem, same with any MG.
I agree that the vet 1 ability sucks-though I have found uses for it- and the suppression or rate of fire could get buffed but otherwise its basic functionality is little different than any other mg.

15 Oct 2018, 12:34 PM

Imo this thread should be moved to another section. It does not really belong in balance.
15 Oct 2018, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2018, 12:17 PMSerrith

Are these observations from the GCS, or personal experience? Because in my respective ELO brackets, OKW sturmpios rushing my cutoff in 1v1 is not a problem I have. For USF its the poor tech structure, and for UKF its cloaked raketens nuking my UC.

I'm sorry but where the hell did I said rushing with Sturmpio? As for GCS experience, I let you check Ikab vs HelpingHans qualification match.
There is no match between Ikab and Helpinghans, the second is waaay stronger that the 1st one but because OKW has so much advantage over USF early game, Ikab simply rolled over HelpingHans in less than 10 minutes.
15 Oct 2018, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2018, 13:05 PMEsxile

I'm sorry but where the hell did I said rushing with Sturmpio? As for GCS experience, I let you check Ikab vs HelpingHans qualification match.
There is no match between Ikab and Helpinghans, the second is waaay stronger that the 1st one but because OKW has so much advantage over USF early game, Ikab simply rolled over HelpingHans in less than 10 minutes.

I'm not sure what YOU mean by rush, but a rush does not have to be executed right away. For example "Rushing an mg with infantry" can occur at any time during a match.

The problem I mentioned with USF originally was that they are stuck with RE to begin with-the implication here is the obvious overmatch between them and sturmpios. My point was that you simply avoid the sturmpio squad initially and cap elsewhere. If you come up against volks that's fine.

As for the match in question, how does it support the assertion that "Capping around the sturpio will cause the axis player to rush your cutoff with it" because as far as i can tell, it doesn't and that was my original point.

What forced the RE's to retreat initially was actually the kubelwagen.
Are you saying that running away from a kubelwagen to cap elsewhere will result in OKW rushing your cutoff?
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS