Login

russian armor

Soviet Mortar Flare

10 Sep 2018, 23:55 PM

Anyone else think this thing has way too long of a illumination duration? Seems much longer than OKW flares or Recon planes, is free. It's basically a map hack...far better than the OKW IR HT.
11 Sep 2018, 00:20 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Which soviet mortar flare are you talking about? I don't know of any flares that are 100% free except for OKW Overwatch doc flares.
11 Sep 2018, 00:31 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2018, 23:55 PMReverb
Anyone else think this thing has way too long of a illumination duration? Seems much longer than OKW flares or Recon planes, is free. It's basically a map hack...far better than the OKW IR HT.

Would you have preferred the old vet 1 ability "Precision Barrage"? Pinpointed a shell exactly where you pointed it. Wiped basically whatever stood still without warning.

The "inferior" OKW IR HT requires 0 micro in comparison. It scans constantly in a wide arc without any ability use or muni cost. Soviet flare is short range, specific area, ability micro, and muni (40) cost. It's a very good recon ability, but it is certainly not "far better" or "free".
11 Sep 2018, 06:13 AM

The soviet mortar vets really slowly. Its flare costs 40 muni per use. It shoots 1 flare. Unlike certain commander abilities, wich give a lote more flares over a much bigger area, for not much more muni as i recall.

Defenitly not free, not a maphack, and not better then any other scout or vsion ability out there.
11 Sep 2018, 09:00 AM

Imo an issue with soviet mortar flare and in higher degree smoke munition is that it takes too long to switch munition deploy. The time to deliver smoke take way to long.
11 Sep 2018, 15:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2018, 23:55 PMReverb

Since WFA beta, OKW IR HT has an ACTUALLY maphack incorporated. Anyone who doesn't spam Volks and checks the minimap knows what i'm talking about.

PD: soon to be fixed. Soon™
11 Sep 2018, 17:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2018, 00:31 AMKasarov

Would you have preferred the old vet 1 ability "Precision Barrage"? Pinpointed a shell exactly where you pointed it. Wiped basically whatever stood still without warning.

God I miss precision strike on 203mm B4 howitzer. It was so funny and hilarious to make people ragequit after you sniped a Panther + 5 pioneer squads in the fog of war :D

11 Sep 2018, 18:01 PM

God I miss precision strike on 203mm B4 howitzer. It was so funny and hilarious to make people ragequit after you sniped a Panther + 5 pioneer squads in the fog of war :D

Yeah, however a day prior to removal of that ability was the last time we have seen it actually hit something we aimed at. :sibPheasant:
11 Sep 2018, 18:30 PM
Donator 11

The fact that soviet mortars used to have precision strike that would kill a badly positioned (bunched up) axis mortar, pak or mg is one thing. The other is that initially all of these weapons used to have 3 men squads, so the mortar could kill them in one go even if they were correctly positioned. And it is not that soviets were even OP at that point :D From that point of view one can see how soft and noob friendly the game has become over time ;)
11 Sep 2018, 22:24 PM

Meh. If it had an audio warning when it fired it would have been fine. 90mu and requiring vet as well as the knowledge of the enemies strong points...
If you sniped an enemy tank its because they let you do it OR you managed to lead where it would be 20 seconds in advance (hell, longer even if you had to turn the gun)
13 Sep 2018, 22:50 PM

"This should be a good spot to cluster my three damaged panthers while I repair them"

*Bass boosted Soviet national anthem plays through the fog of war*
15 Sep 2018, 20:46 PM

and thats why i dont know why Sturmtiger get not a changed to a mobile B4.

it could fire far away the aim area with an inacurate rocket...like it was in real.

i dont know why not----its programmed for that when u look howthis unit works.

and dont come...it would be op to have a mobile arty...2 faction have mobile arty! while axis arty are only static placements which die after the first barrage...
17 Sep 2018, 10:58 AM

I´ve noticed that the flares provide sight despite being already disappeared visually.
17 Sep 2018, 11:11 AM

I´ve noticed that the flares provide sight despite being already disappeared visually.

Animation issue only.
Its supposed to give sight for what? 60 seconds? Or was it 30? Or was it 30 for tripwire...
17 Sep 2018, 12:33 PM

If it goes off at all. It Buggs out quite often, as does smoke barrage. These are bigger issues.
24 Sep 2018, 12:31 PM

Soviet flares OP, next we'll be reading how trip mines are OP too!HAH!!!

If anything is OP it's the OKW flares that basically ruin team games. You can't shoot them down, that damn thing should be replaced by a loiter because what the fuck RELIC.
26 Sep 2018, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2018, 12:31 PMKharn
Soviet flares OP, next we'll be reading how trip mines are OP too!HAH!!!

If anything is OP it's the OKW flares that basically ruin team games. You can't shoot them down, that damn thing should be replaced by a loiter because what the fuck RELIC.

Loiter would ruin assymetry
A lot more sensible nerf would be requiring sight
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 17
Germany 1
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L