Login

russian armor

76mm sherman as default unit

29 Aug 2018, 14:38 PM
Patrion 26

When this unit was being added to a commander as part of the previous commanders revamp, did the team consider adding it to the US as a default unit?

It would solve their late game problems and make them a better all-round faction. It would also make them a lot less dependent on commanders for decent late game armour.
29 Aug 2018, 14:58 PM

Maybe put 76 mm gun as a default and replace the 76 sherman from mechanise with an E8
29 Aug 2018, 14:58 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Why would this "solve their lategame problems"? Their lategame problems as I have experienced is lacking a damage sponge, not another 640 medium.
29 Aug 2018, 15:03 PM

Regular sherman is good all-rounder and excels vs infantry.
Jackson steps in when sherman can no longer compete.
USF late game armor is in good state and 76mm sherman got nothing on Ez8.
29 Aug 2018, 15:04 PM
Patrion 26

Maybe put 76 mm gun as a default and replace the 76 sherman from mechanise with an E8

That would be good.

Why would this "solve their lategame problems"? Their lategame problems as I have experienced is lacking a damage sponge, not another 640 medium.

Late game all the US have are vetted (if they're lucky) AT guns and maybe a Jackson, plus maybe an easy8 or Pershing.
At least with a decent sherman they can use that to take on panthers.
It would also give them another option rather than zook spam.
29 Aug 2018, 15:07 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2018, 15:03 PMKatitof
Regular sherman is good all-rounder and excels vs infantry.
Jackson steps in when sherman can no longer compete.
USF late game armor is in good state and 76mm sherman got nothing on Ez8.

That's why Shermans would still be in the game and used. Jacksons are fine but have to be protected/microed because they can be killed relatively easily. If the US had a 76mm they could use it to protect the Jackson/support it.

US players could still pick the easy8 commander, no one has ever said the 76mm is as good.
29 Aug 2018, 15:07 PM

That's why I suggested the Sherman Jumbo but I guess Relic thought otherwise.
29 Aug 2018, 16:42 PM

+1

More medium tanks is just kinda redundant and I’d honestly rather just make normal Shermans for their HE rounds and back them up with at guns or a jackson.

The only heavier options though are the 105mm dozer and Pershing, and nondoc Pershing would be stupid.
29 Aug 2018, 17:07 PM

The 76 Sherman needs different vet bonuses since it can reload bellow 2 secs and goes crazy with the "combined arms" ability.
29 Aug 2018, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2018, 17:07 PMVipper
The 76 Sherman needs different vet bonuses since it can reload bellow 2 secs and goes crazy with the "combined arms" ability.
oh ok so lets make it completely useless
29 Aug 2018, 17:41 PM

When this unit was being added to a commander as part of the previous commanders revamp, did the team consider adding it to the US as a default unit?

It would solve their late game problems and make them a better all-round faction. It would also make them a lot less dependent on commanders for decent late game armour.

I'd rather see the Calliope being stock to complete USF late game arsenal.
29 Aug 2018, 17:43 PM

oh ok so lets make it completely useless

(My suggestions to you:
read
understand
quote only if response is remotely relevant to what you have quoted)

Units vet bonuses should be designed for the specific unit and not be generic.

Sherman 76 uses the T-34/76 vet bonuses . In addition the USF Sherman 76 gets most of the USF bonuses like radio net as vet 1 ability, smoke, crew than can disembark and now even benefit from combined arms. That make the unit ridiculous OP with an extremely low reload time.

My suggestion is not to make the unit useless but adapt vet bonuses to the unit and its role, since the unit should be balanced at all vet levels.

29 Aug 2018, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2018, 17:43 PMVipper

(My suggestions to you:
read
understand
quote only if response is remotely relevant to what you have quoted)

Units vet bonuses should be designed for the specific unit and not be generic.

Sherman 76 uses the T-34/76 vet bonuses . In addition the USF Sherman 76 gets most of the USF bonuses like radio net as vet 1 ability, smoke, crew than can disembark and now even benefit from combined arms. That make the unit ridiculous OP with an extremely low reload time.

My suggestion is not to make the unit useless but adapt vet bonuses to the unit and its role, since the unit should be balanced at all vet levels.

Actually i forgot about the revamp comander mod that adds combined arms you are right then it will be broken
29 Aug 2018, 19:44 PM

Allot of times, I only use the Sherman for anti infantry and Jackson for TD. I like the high explosive shell and reload time for the Sherman for late game infantry wipes.
29 Aug 2018, 20:02 PM

Actually i forgot about the revamp comander mod that adds combined arms you are right then it will be broken

I am Glad that we can agree.
29 Aug 2018, 20:34 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2018, 17:41 PMEsxile

I'd rather see the Calliope being stock to complete USF late game arsenal.

That would be very welcome, the M8A1 howitzer motor carriage is pretty useless compared to all the other late tech art, especially as the pack howie basically does the same if not better job and doesn't cost fuel.
29 Aug 2018, 21:03 PM

I once argued that USF stock shermans should gain 80 health at vet 2 or 3 so that they could survive the standard of 4 shots. I believe I also said it shouldn't be too crazy to try testing such a thing and even providing a similar buff to P4s at vet 3/4/5 or even reintroducing side skirts as a muni upgrade.

The balance teams heads spun at the suggestion of even testing such heresy.:D
29 Aug 2018, 21:41 PM

Well i'm not sure about the idea of giving an 76mm sherman to USF but i think the argument Zombiefrancis to giving more health to M4A3 looks a thing worth to try because well late game USF is kinda meh in team games. I'd like to test it in the balance mod.
30 Aug 2018, 00:48 AM

I feel USF need Sherman E8 and Sherman Calliope as late game default tank rather than 76mm.
Any adjustment for both tanks to fit the stock are welcome (require further upgrade from current T3, higher cost/lower health/lower damage for calliope).

Right now, the USF has no equivalent to stock Panther and rocket artillery from OST and OKW.
The vacant spot can then be replaced with Pershing and Priest, giving them more appearance rather than locking to 1 commander.
30 Aug 2018, 02:41 AM

How about no? USF has plenty of late game options.

Unlike the Brits *cough* Comet *cough*
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS