Login

russian armor

76mm sherman as default unit

30 Aug 2018, 03:26 AM

Make upgun part of regular Sherman Vet2 bonuses, like how the Panzers get armored skirts, then replace the upgunned sherman in any command that has it with the E8.
30 Aug 2018, 04:41 AM

I once argued that USF stock shermans should gain 80 health at vet 2 or 3 so that they could survive the standard of 4 shots. I believe I also said it shouldn't be too crazy to try testing such a thing and even providing a similar buff to P4s at vet 3/4/5 or even reintroducing side skirts as a muni upgrade.

The balance teams heads spun at the suggestion of even testing such heresy.:D

I remember one time in vielsalm (hate that map) I had like 5 Shermans and thought I was good but then one of the guys on my side (who had lost basically all his infantry to my 5 Shermans) pulled out 4-5 panzergrenadiers with schrecks (this was like an hour and 20 minutes game) and would just run out of his base, one hit one of my Shermans with all his schrecks, and retreat, and he killed all my tanks this way over the course of like 10 minutes lol. I resorted to just not making any more tanks at that point.

Also a pretty good argument for non doc calliope. Not much ability to really punish critical mass blobbery as usf in the late late late game.
30 Aug 2018, 06:39 AM

I remember one time in vielsalm (hate that map) I had like 5 Shermans and thought I was good but then one of the guys on my side (who had lost basically all his infantry to my 5 Shermans) pulled out 4-5 panzergrenadiers with schrecks (this was like an hour and 20 minutes game) and would just run out of his base, one hit one of my Shermans with all his schrecks, and retreat, and he killed all my tanks this way over the course of like 10 minutes lol. I resorted to just not making any more tanks at that point.

Also a pretty good argument for non doc calliope. Not much ability to really punish critical mass blobbery as usf in the late late late game.

you must been afk and your tanks was on not-fire modus. Nice story.
30 Aug 2018, 07:16 AM

Hmmm, stock rocket arty to punish blobs? That would also cover the British lack of mobile indirect fire since they're hellbent on not replacing the mortar pit, sounds good enough altho they will need to be balanced accordingly and Axis fanboys (like someone starting with u) will break loose all hell on it. But the USF overall just needs tougher armor at the late game stage.
30 Aug 2018, 15:13 PM

That's why I suggested the Sherman Jumbo but I guess Relic thought otherwise.

That'd be neat but there's no model for it.
30 Aug 2018, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2018, 15:13 PMLago

That'd be neat but there's no model for it.

Even if there are models, our problem is the inability to import them to the game because Relic disabled that function back in 2014/15.

Something which was possible, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sTq4YkAELg

Is now not, because of reasons, which primarily revolve around money as one can guess, but I don't see how that would be a reason for a game basically at the end of it's official active support, or as they called it "A 5 year plan".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 62

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight