Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
20 Sep 2018, 11:28 AM

Concerte bunker has too much hp for its cost, compared to any other emplacement. And it should be built slower.
20 Sep 2018, 15:17 PM

I am curious... is there any sort of plan to this patch? Any tangible goals or measures of success?

Or are we just verifying sets of (arbitrary?) changes in the hope of a net improvement to... something? More dynamic commander choices? Consistency in faction balance?

There's so many disparate adjustments in so many overlapping ways that I'm doubtful of their effects beyond novelty.
20 Sep 2018, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2018, 11:19 AMStark
Unless it would be possible to place 223 ONLY on capping circle...:huh:

It could be made to just boost resource income without denying the enemy a capture, similar to the OKW HQ trucks when setup.

Maybe if a point is uncapped the 223 automatically packs up itself, I don't know if that can be done tho.
20 Sep 2018, 16:18 PM

76mm Sherman
-Veterancy Three 0.8 reload modifier replaced with +25% main gun penetration.
-Can now swap between regular ammunition and HVAP; HVAP has improved penetration and accuracy, but increases reload time by 1.6 seconds.

The idea that Sherman gets a penetration buff in the main gun while it already has AP rounds is weird.

Suggestions:

Make the 76mm Sherman identical to normal Sherman in all stat innlduing price with AP round instead of HE.

Swap the 76mm Sherman to armor company so that it can be used in conjuration with Dozer. One AP tank on AI.

Reserve armor is already problematic in mechanized with dozer being way to cheap and they commander having too many call-in unit almost double than other commanders.

Advanced Defensive Positions
This will be a bundle slot containing both the Pak 43, and new concrete bunkers. Note: This is not yet bundled in the mod, the mod will currently display six slots.
Concrete Bunkers

Giving access to Pak43 + bunkers makes other commanders with Pak43 look bad.

Suggestion:
Remove Pak43, allow pioneers to build the UKF mortar pits and paks to garrison them with some bonuses. (example + 5-10 range, + 5-10 vision , rotation speed)...

221/223
223 is able to lockdown territory and generates additional income. Also automatically detects armoured vehicles on the minimap within range 85 of the vehicle without needing to lockdown.

The idea that because one faction has something another should also have it does not really work.

Suggestions:
Replace the lock down with an ability "siphon" that was available to kubel, that would allow to steal enemy resources or generate more resource in owned territory but for a limited time.

Vehicle detection should be a timed ability with little or no cost.
20 Sep 2018, 16:20 PM

Will you also use new scar_funktions?
20 Sep 2018, 16:40 PM

Can we please get some QoL improvements to the ST? A new useful Vet 1 ability (smoke canisters would be good) and significantly reduced veterancy requirements would go a long way towards making it worth its cost.

As it stands, it's a crappier version of an AVRE for no good reason.

20 Sep 2018, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2018, 16:18 PMVipper
76mm Sherman
-Veterancy Three 0.8 reload modifier replaced with +25% main gun penetration.
-Can now swap between regular ammunition and HVAP; HVAP has improved penetration and accuracy, but increases reload time by 1.6 seconds.

The idea that Sherman gets a penetration buff in the main gun while it already has AP rounds is weird.

Suggestions:

Make the 76mm Sherman identical to normal Sherman in all stat innlduing price with AP round instead of HE.

Swap the 76mm Sherman to armor company so that it can be used in conjuration with Dozer. One AP tank on AI.

Reserve armor is already problematic in mechanized with dozer being way to cheap and they commander having too many call-in unit almost double than other commanders.

Advanced Defensive Positions
This will be a bundle slot containing both the Pak 43, and new concrete bunkers. Note: This is not yet bundled in the mod, the mod will currently display six slots.
Concrete Bunkers

Giving access to Pak43 + bunkers makes other commanders with Pak43 look bad.

Suggestion:
Remove Pak43, allow pioneers to build the UKF mortar pits and paks to garrison them with some bonuses. (example + 5-10 range, + 5-10 vision , rotation speed)...

221/223
223 is able to lockdown territory and generates additional income. Also automatically detects armoured vehicles on the minimap within range 85 of the vehicle without needing to lockdown.

The idea that because one faction has something another should also have it does not really work.

Suggestions:
Replace the lock down with an ability "siphon" that was available to kubel, that would allow to steal enemy resources or generate more resource in owned territory but for a limited time.

Vehicle detection should be a timed ability with little or no cost.

You forgot to mention that you want the M10 in Mechanized Company.

I suggest that the Pak 43 can be upgraded with a 17 pounder styled emplacement around it when there is enough space to do so as well.

Using the other British emplacements is however a tad not making sense since you will see them much more often than the 17 pounder, plus we're talking about mobile direct fire units being put in a static position for what I imagine would be not much more survivable than their current state, the Pak 43 on the other hand is a large static gun that could use the extra protection that an emplacement could provide.

And please don't go with the asymmetrical balance crap, I could make you a list of things that shouldn't exist based on that logic alone.

Just because one Army has it doesn't mean that another can't as well in a different manner.
20 Sep 2018, 17:37 PM

You forgot to mention that you want the M10 in Mechanized Company.

Well I used the term swa mp, although I did not clarified that I was suggesting with the m10 :)

I suggest that the Pak 43 can be upgraded with a 17 pounder styled emplacement around it when there is enough space to do so as well.

Using the other British emplacements is however a tad not making sense since you will see them much more often than the 17 pounder, plus we're talking about mobile direct fire units being put in a static position for what I imagine would be not much more survivable than their current state, the Pak 43 on the other hand is a large static gun that could use the extra protection that an emplacement could provide.

And please don't go with the asymmetrical balance crap, I could make you a list of things that shouldn't exist based on that logic alone.

Just because one Army has it doesn't mean that another can't as well in a different manner.

Bofors or mortars pits sandbags could be used to garrison infantry and/or Paks and should come at cost even some upkeep but they could also provide some extra bonuses for the units inside.

Lets call it an experiment on how British emplacement could evolve.
20 Sep 2018, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2018, 17:37 PMVipper

Well I used the term swamp, although I did not clarified that I was suggesting with the m10 :)

Bofors or mortars pits sandbags could be used to garrison infantry and/or Paks and should come at cost even some upkeep but they could also provide some extra bonuses for the units inside.

Lets call it an experiment on how British emplacement could evolve.

Swamp? Interesting, I never knew the M10 was a neighbor of Shrek.

As for the emplacements, yes it's really interesting, originally my idea of the Pak 43 using the 17 pounder's emplacement comes from CoH's mods and Wikinger: European Theater of War, sort of the Europe at War mod but for CoH2, here's a pic:

There was a better one but sadly I can't find it on their moddb page anymore.

And here's what SneakEye did in his mod:

As you can see, there is no mortar pit emplacement in use.

As I found out from my own experiments based on Planet Smasher's Artillery Pit, putting anything else but mortars in it is very buggy:

I also want to mention that AEgion made the USF Fighting Position into a mini-mortar pit which looked quite nice in his Balance mod but sadly I can't find a picture of it, but I know I saw it somewhere.

Edit: Found it
20 Sep 2018, 19:09 PM

Yea, Vikinger-mod is great and Olhausen makes great work. But for Vanilla most things can't be implemented. The engine and the game-style is simply to different, Vikinger-mod becomes a different game.

After concrete bunkers it is time to give Ostheer's tank-traps the dragon-tooth blueprint. ;D
20 Sep 2018, 19:55 PM

Two M-42 is weak, It's a fixed vulnerable position, replacing the M-42 with ZiS-3 which fires only the Sub-projects rounds is a good option. And the wooden roof is a little ridiculous. Also would be cool if the gun was in camouflage, remember the old bug when ZiS-3 was in camouflage?
20 Sep 2018, 19:59 PM

Gonna pop in real quick and mention that the 221/223 for okw does not have five star vet.
20 Sep 2018, 20:43 PM

Quick Question about the 250 changes.

250 Half-track (Replaces Infantry Doctrine Artillery Officer)
-210 manpower and 20 fuel.
-Comes with a 251 style MG and gains shared veterancy.
-Veterancy similar to the 222 except it gains +10 sight instead of 'Infantry Awareness'.
-New ability - Dig-In - Immobilizes the half-track, but reduces damage by 50%, increases range by 10, and grants moderate weapon suppression.
-Changes affect the half-tracks in Mechanized Assault Groups for Mechanized and Mechanized Assault doctrines; they still come with infantry.

Is the assault groups prices going to stay the same? Cause imo now this is going to be a very good value :)

20 Sep 2018, 21:49 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Is the assault groups prices going to stay the same? Cause imo now this is going to be a very good value :)

They're planned to, yes.
20 Sep 2018, 22:33 PM

They're planned to, yes.

So the same 30 fuel 490/500 mp at 3 cp as before? Currently they are available in the HQs at just like in the German Infantrie Doctrine which seems pretty nice and just as useful as their supporting units are able to get build in t1/t2 anyway.
21 Sep 2018, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2018, 10:08 AMEsxile

Even better, your T3 locks 1/3 of the map (your side) and then after a good push you can lock your opponent own cutoff for quite some time for a cheap price.

What could go wrong. :nahnah:

223 is going to create a Monster, can't wait for it.

lol yeah cant wait to see usf ukf win ratio drop from 30% to 20% and check out the 250 sight with scope at vet 2.
21 Sep 2018, 01:46 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think the Commissar medic ability needs to at least be put behind a timer + cooldown like the Tommy squad, perhaps even a 15 munitions cost. Currently, they negate all reason to go for Medics.

Other than that though, Commissar feels great!
21 Sep 2018, 01:47 AM

Both halftracks provided reinforcements after upgrade for a few years. It is quite a recent change to remove that.

I picture I saw earlier in the thread was the open-topped halftrack on the Ostheer. I've never once seen that thing reinforce. Post #1011.
21 Sep 2018, 03:44 AM

Quick Question about the 250 changes.

250 Half-track (Replaces Infantry Doctrine Artillery Officer)
-210 manpower and 20 fuel.
-Comes with a 251 style MG and gains shared veterancy.
-Veterancy similar to the 222 except it gains +10 sight instead of 'Infantry Awareness'.
-New ability - Dig-In - Immobilizes the half-track, but reduces damage by 50%, increases range by 10, and grants moderate weapon suppression.
-Changes affect the half-tracks in Mechanized Assault Groups for Mechanized and Mechanized Assault doctrines; they still come with infantry.

If Mechanized Grens or PGrens get a price INCREASE above what they already have, they'd be basically impossible to field even if they were buffed to Tiger Ace levels.
21 Sep 2018, 03:56 AM

If Mechanized Grens or PGrens get a price INCREASE above what they already have, they'd be basically impossible to field even if they were buffed to Tiger Ace levels.

Actually, I was more talking about the fuel prices cause currently I think the Halftrack group costs 30 fuel?

I was just wondering if they were going to adjust the prices down to reflect the 20 fuel.

Cause I think we're paying 280 manpower and 10 fuel for a PG, which is kind of good/bad?

I definitely would enjoy using this unit again cause this brings me back to the Coh1 Panzer Elite days of hunting M8s with 2 Shrecks lol
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS