Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
2 Sep 2018, 12:51 PM

After playing a bit with MOD:

Pioneers
5 men with a g43 and flamer from CP 2 is over the top imo and could prove really problematic.

Suggestions:
G43 and flamer should be mutually exclusive imo.

Alternative instead of the g43 and another CQC one could have the upgrade turn them into repair support pioneers that are already in the game in "heavy support armor" commander (and in TOW mission if i remember correctly).

Officer:
Suggestions:
Think it would be interesting to rename the officer "infantry officer" and later add separate "Luftwaffe" (already in game)and "Artillery field" officers with different abilities and bonus.

Storm troopers:
Imo storm troopers having only Shreck upgrade as stock makes little sense. They seem inferior to camo PGs.

Suggestion:
The unit has actually become allot weaker as an AT unit since its AI will be lower in most ranges than that of SP with shrecks.

In addition the vehicle detection ability is too weak.

Suggestions:
Shreck upgrade now gives storm troopers the "Hafthohlladung" magnetic mine modeled after UKF gammon bomb but sticky.

Alternative replace shreck with a flamer that has an ability that creates DOT (already in game in the campaign).
If one want to keep tactical Advance, make it the vet 1 ability and add passive healing.
2 Sep 2018, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2018, 12:51 PMVipper

Pioneers
5 men with a g43 and flamer from CP 2 is over the top imo and could prove really problematic.

Only bolstered gren squad leader is supposed to have G43, not pio one.
2 Sep 2018, 13:02 PM
Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2018, 12:51 PMVipper
After playing a bit with MOD:

Pioneers

Pioneers do not receive G-43, only an extra squad member.
2 Sep 2018, 13:23 PM

Pioneers do not receive G-43, only an extra squad member.

Thanks for clarifying it (and thanks to others that have also point it out) but 5 men with flamers at CP 2 is still a problem.
2 Sep 2018, 15:44 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Maybe the new Soviet Field Base could use this model instead. It has a build animation, death animation and all health stages:

"armies\soviet\structures\checkpoint\checkpoint"

This icon matches the model:

I feel nostalgic about this construction. It is from vCoH, easier to implement in live version (doesn't require any additional work with it), but quality of model worse in comparison with UKF field HQ model.

I am for reskined UKF field HQ. It looks simply better imo, just need some work with :)
2 Sep 2018, 16:36 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I feel nostalgic about this construction. It is from vCoH, easier to implement in live version (doesn't require any additional work with it), but quality of model worse in comparison with UKF field HQ model.

I am for reskined UKF field HQ. It looks simply better imo, just need some work with :)

I fully agree about the quality, but I thought new / re-skinned models are out of scope?
2 Sep 2018, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2018, 21:01 PMKirrik
Relic stopped creating new content for CoH2 years ago.
All this "new" stuff like commander reworks done by modders/community, there wont be any new models, at best modders could only reskin some stuff.

Then let Relic give people expanded tools for modding - this will be a real gratitude to people who love the game. Because these revamp commander and the "new" commander - without any real novelty - is ridiculous.
2 Sep 2018, 19:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I fully agree about the quality, but I thought new / re-skinned models are out of scope?

I don't know, but they always can contact with Starbuck. He is a real pro in skinmakink.
2 Sep 2018, 20:40 PM

About mobile mortars for brits. Why dont make it like the vehicle entrenching some axis commanders have?

Make zappers able to turn mobile mortars into mortar pits by paying a mp equivalent to the current mortar pit
2 Sep 2018, 20:42 PM

About mobile mortars for brits. Why dont make it like the vehicle entrenching some axis commanders have?

Make zappers able to turn mobile mortars into mortar pits by paying a mp equivalent to the current mortar pit

If you check out my signature you will find something similar to your idea, one of the lead people in the community mod team even helped make it.

But sadly Andy already answered my question on why not deal with the problem so I guess our hands are tied.
3 Sep 2018, 09:00 AM

If you check out my signature you will find something similar to your idea, one of the lead people in the community mod team even helped make it.

But sadly Andy already answered my question on why not deal with the problem so I guess our hands are tied.

I really like your idea of a supply drop in British Tactical support doctrine (hope i didn't messed up with names) to drop also mobile motar weapon.

Changing the subject

Played some german infatry commander. IMO Stormtroopers and Field Officer shouldn't be together in 1 commander. Too many call in infantry in same moment (comes with 2CPs).
3 Sep 2018, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2018, 09:00 AMStark

I really like your idea of a supply drop in British Tactical support doctrine (hope i didn't messed up with names) to drop also mobile motar weapon.

Changing the subject

Played some german infatry commander. IMO Stormtroopers and Field Officer shouldn't be together in 1 commander. Too many call in infantry in same moment (comes with 2CPs).

For me personally is obvious that they will add a doctrinal mortar, the problem is that people will only start choosing it because of that, same as the Special Weapons Reg being mostly chosen because of the Tank Hunter IS, Mobile Assault because of the Land Matress and Royal Arty because of the concentration barrage ability.

It's just sad and bad design in my opinion to take away a basic tool and then include it in a commander because people will be artificially limited and forced to pick the commander that contains what they lack in order to not be left behind and actually have a winning chance.

That's also why Luftwaffe and Fortifications were so popular for the OKW in the early days, because of the MG34, being as shitty as it was. And Elite Armor was chosen solely because of the Panzer IVs.

As for your point about the German Infantry doctrine, that's why I suggested that the officer be replaced by a Tiger in order to support your infantry in the late game, similar to Elite Troops.
3 Sep 2018, 11:34 AM

For me personally is obvious that they will add a doctrinal mortar, the problem is that people will only start choosing it because of that, same as the Special Weapons Reg being mostly chosen because of the Tank Hunter IS, Mobile Assault because of the Land Matress and Royal Arty because of the concentration barrage ability.

It's just sad and bad design in my opinion to take away a basic tool and then include it in a commander because people will be artificially limited and forced to pick the commander that contains what they lack in order to not be left behind and actually have a winning chance.

That's also why Luftwaffe and Fortifications were so popular for the OKW in the early days, because of the MG34, being as shitty as it was. And Elite Armor was chosen solely because of the Panzer IVs.

As for your point about the German Infantry doctrine, that's why I suggested that the officer be replaced by a Tiger in order to support your infantry in the late game, similar to Elite Troops.

+1 but Better have doctrinal mortar than none.

About the German infantry - don't see Tiger in that specific commander. Tigers were in german tank divisions and this doctrine should show the simple german infantry divisions, without any mechanic support, basic mainline infantry (5 men squads fits perfectly). I would see more indirect support like the ISG but the more powerful kinda like the old one before few patches ago OR panzerbushe AT package to fight light vehicule rushes (although it could be too much ammo intensive then).

Tiger is already common in many good commanders so don't see need to put him here.
3 Sep 2018, 11:50 AM

UKF does have one 'mobile' indirect fire tool: the Base Howitzers. Maybe a cheap, rapid light barrage added to Section Flares would go a long way to helping out? Or a free smoke barrage for displacing MGs? All sharing the global cooldown, of course.
3 Sep 2018, 11:54 AM
Modmaker Badge

I've played around with the new Urban Defense Tactics.

Shock Troops are Shock Troops - good addition.

The new Booby Traps are lovely. While they pack much less of a punch, they spread the damage more equally and you can place twice as many of them for the same price.

I'm a bit on the fence about the Field Base. It has very similar cost and role to M3 Halftrack. Unlike halftrack, it also provides healing but is immobile. You can't retreat to it either. All in all, I think it's a nice addition. At least it makes the commander ability useful on maps without many buildings.

The 45mm AT Gun got some buffs, but it's still not very effective anti-tank platform. Medium armor is too though (roughly two-thirds of hits won't penetrate) and light vehicles quickly leave its firing arc. I understand that best course of action against the latter is snare, but even then you ask yourself "why didn't I spend 120 mp more on ZiS-3?"

Also, preview notes read: "Now has Ambush Camouflage ability by default; first-strike bonus of +20% accuracy, +20% reload and -25% reload" What's up with those reload numbers?
3 Sep 2018, 12:12 PM

Nice to see the croc now deleting infantry and team weapons and also able to bully mediums into the grave.
3 Sep 2018, 12:29 PM

after playing a bit more with the mod:

Scorched earth:
seem to be in weird spot. I need to used in sector in supply, the mortar shell take too long land and seems to do little damage, there is little indication (to none) that the sector is not returning resources and it takes very long to set up.

On the other hand being to use it on VPs seem a bit weird.

The ability seems is difficult to use aggressively while it can backfire when used defensively since the enemy can just go on your sector trigger them and watch lose resources.

One can replace it with a an ability with mechanism similar to booby traps where the player decides if he wants to disable a sector with no engineers needed.

Commissar:
Can we have some info on vet bonuses?

The abilities do not seem for much information on the type of bonus unit gets (offensive defensive) and there is little info to which units it available since they do not seem to work on support weapons.

The unit seems to require allot of macro since one has target the unit which can be difficult if many units are involved.

(Pls consider making the abilities available to the units themselves and able to be activated only near the Officer. Alternatively activated when conscripts use ourah.)

booby traps:
cool-down seems to be too low. In addition it seems that ability is disabled if enemy start caping before it can be armed, maybe it would help if player was warned about that in UI.

3 Sep 2018, 13:09 PM

76mm shermans are just gimped M4s. They don't have the AT to justify no HE like the easy 8 but they still loose the HE.

Give 76mm sherman HE or replace 76mm with easy 8.

3 Sep 2018, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2018, 13:09 PMTomDRV
76mm shermans are just gimped M4s. They don't have the AT to justify no HE like the easy 8 but they still loose the HE.

Give 76mm sherman HE or replace 76mm with easy 8.

Try a vet 3 sherman 76 with radio net III and combined arms it might change your mind.
3 Sep 2018, 13:32 PM
PAGES (107)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight