Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
21 Sep 2018, 14:21 PM

Tested urban defense and the new stuff is good, I love the canister shot for the m42 at gun but I think the range for the canister is too far, it should be less than the ap round range. The booby traps are kinda cancerous since you only need to click on the point and pay 45 muni, should be increased in price to like 60 and maybe need some time to be deployed instead of being instantly deployed, or maybe a unit should lay them on the points like engineers. Shock troopers seems kinda weird fitting that doctrine, since its defense, maybe they should be replaced by guards. Also tested elite armor and I love the new 221 Kreygasm, really good sniper counter for okw
21 Sep 2018, 15:24 PM

Why not turn it to a US panther with less survivability but still way cheaper then ?

I don't think ANYONE disagree with the fact that 76mm Sherman should become useful, but i don't really think ANYBODY can claim this is a good solution either, right ?
Thats a good idea man but E8 already exists but sux too
21 Sep 2018, 17:14 PM

Maybe this is a boring suggestion, but I think the Sherman 76 should be a regular Sherman with the E8's gun. The E8 should be a little faster, more accurate on the move, and have a bit more armor or health.

For some reason, the 76 is the fastest sherman right now?
21 Sep 2018, 17:33 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Yeah but they gotta do something about the 76mm sherman man. Right now it's just such a horrible idea to go for this unit in teamgames (instead of just Jacksons + BAR spam) as you will get bullied so hard by Panthers, you even need to pray that the 76mm sherman can win a 1v1 vs OKW p4.

Can we get some testing with this ability? I am curious if a HVAP ammo sherman can stand even a small chance vs Panther, JP4 or OKW p4 despite the RoF penalty

Honestly they don't need to do anything with the 76 sherman except remove it. USF already have ultra potent characteristics that are overshadowed by a garbage tech system. Why would you go 76 sherman when you can just jackson spam which can beat most armor, BAR spam which beats most infantry. It's inferior to the HE sherman because HE shermans are very cost effective, and when in doubt call in the pershing to get some free wipes. USF overlap with the 76 sherman would've been a lot more straight forward if they didn't add it a few patches ago and just replaced it with the EZ8, which is also just a stronger 76 variant.
21 Sep 2018, 18:06 PM

Maybe this is a boring suggestion, but I think the Sherman 76 should be a regular Sherman with the E8's gun. The E8 should be a little faster, more accurate on the move, and have a bit more armor or health.

For some reason, the 76 is the fastest sherman right now?

That's the only good sauggestion. A unit, only to make the game more divers and colorful.
21 Sep 2018, 18:14 PM

Let's keep in mind the Sherman 76 currently is almost as expensive as the EZ8 but nowhere as near effective unless abusing the broken fire rate.

It definitely either needs another role or be removed.

The solution provided by the balance team is a solid anti-armor role from a tank as easy to kill as the regular Sherman so problem solved???? At least it can't abuse 2 seconds reload???

As for the Ez8, oh god the commander is so lackluster X_X Buying one Ez8 is more expensive than waiting for the Pershing and they both have relatively the same role.
21 Sep 2018, 20:58 PM

Let's keep in mind the Sherman 76 currently is almost as expensive as the EZ8 but nowhere as near effective unless abusing the broken fire rate.

The solution provided by the balance team is a solid anti-armor role from a tank as easy to kill as the regular Sherman so problem solved???? At least it can't abuse 2 seconds reload???

As for the Ez8, oh god the commander is so lackluster X_X Buying one Ez8 is more expensive than waiting for the Pershing and they both have relatively the same role.
+1 agreed
21 Sep 2018, 21:24 PM

The entire point of the 76mm is just its firerate lol. For that reason, I actually like it a lot better in its current live state than the E8. Rifle company is also 90% garbage but even without that consideration, I'd still take the 76mm over the E8 any day.
21 Sep 2018, 21:52 PM

Simplest solution to the problem is replacing the 76 with either an E8 or a Pershing in my opinion.
21 Sep 2018, 21:53 PM

Simplest solution to the problem is replacing the 76 with either an E8 or a Pershing in my opinion.

Makes more sense then 76mm mental gymnastics.

There is regular sherman, there is jackson, there is ez8 and there is everything in between and above.
that sherman makes infinitely more sense for soviets then for UKF considering their rosters.
21 Sep 2018, 22:10 PM

Well, current 76mm is 75mm plus M10. It's not bad in comparison to actual M10, which is worse than non-doc option from same tier but it's still worse than prior to rework - reload was the whole point of 76mm with radio net and combined arms it made E8 look underpowered.
I dont know how current version would work against panthers for example, I dont think 4 shottable tank with 40 range could brawl even with high pen.
21 Sep 2018, 22:24 PM

The entire point of the 76mm is just its firerate lol. For that reason, I actually like it a lot better in its current live state than the E8. Rifle company is also 90% garbage but even without that consideration, I'd still take the 76mm over the E8 any day.

I never understood why they didn't put the Ez8 instead of 76. But Rifle company isn't lacklust, just overshadowed by recon company. Cluster bomb >>> WP barrage while having a similar price and a bit longer time to drop. They are two fanstastic area denial but one far above the other.
21 Sep 2018, 22:27 PM

It isn't really a panther, it lacks its health.
I can't see why it could be unbalanced, jagd and stug still can deal with it.
I think it should lose 75% moving accuracy as well

What do you mean by making it similar to 75mm sherman ?

Quite simply identical stats and cost. The only difference between the vehicles would be that the 75mm Sherman would have access to munition that increased its AI and the 76mm would have access to munition that increased its AT.

Then a player could choose between the 2 tanks on weather he need more AI or AT from his Shermans, and combine them with other units accordingly. For instance as 76mm would work better with a scott or dozer while a 75mm would work better with an M10.
21 Sep 2018, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2018, 22:24 PMEsxile

I never understood why they didn't put the Ez8 instead of 76. But Rifle company isn't lacklust, just overshadowed by recon company. Cluster bomb >>> WP barrage while having a similar price and a bit longer time to drop. They are two fanstastic area denial but one far above the other.

IMO most of rifle company is more or less useless. Flamers are nice, but fire up is extremely situational and not that useful and flares are too expensive to be effectively used (and major recon is only like 15 muni more). The WP is good as well but the whole commander doesn't realy add much except the flamer.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2018, 22:27 PMVipper

Quite simply identical stats and cost. The only difference between the vehicles would be that the 75mm Sherman would have access to munition that increased its AI and the 76mm would have access to munition that increased its AT.

Then a player could choose between the 2 tanks on weather he need more AI or AT from his Shermans, and combine them with other units accordingly. For instance as 76mm would work better with a scott or dozer while a 75mm would work better with an M10.

Having another version of the 75mm sherman that is worse against tanks than the jackson but that can't kill infantry effectively is not that appealing IMO.
22 Sep 2018, 01:28 AM

Hi there. I have a suggestion for the Concrete Bunkers for the Ostheer.

After playing with them for a bit, I feel they their are pretty strong at their 2CP requirement, basically completely removing the need of normal Bunkers all together if they are properly supported with a PaK40 or mortar. Maybe an adjustment of HP might be needed.

Another thing is maybe these concrete bunkers could put under the Fortifications Commander for the OKW? It feels strangely out of place that the Ostheer gets access to these Concrete Bunkers while the Western German Force is still relying on makeshift emplacements on the more fortified Western Front.

Another big thing I noticed with the StuG E has an issue with its auto-fire, sometimes it just doesn't respond to enemies shooting at it, just an oddity I'd like to inform you of.
22 Sep 2018, 01:55 AM

You know, it might be a good idea to forget this silly HE round stuff with the M10 and simply reduce M10 fuel cost to 70 so it can once again be a cost effective option for USF. The HE rounds feel rather gimmicky and seem about as appropriate for the unit as the airburst shells were on the Elefant.

I hope that there's no confusion about the functional role of the M10 Tank Destroyer with its unfortunate legacy as a call-in unit and the stale metagames that have persisted as a plague.

If you really want to get wild increase the M10's NEAR penetration from 180 to 200 or even 220(!), but reduce mid range from 160 to 150 and far range from 140 to 120. Alternatively and/or additionally the M10 gun's mid range could be adjusted to calculate at 20 range instead of 25, thus tightening optimal penetration towards closer ranges.

Placing the unit in Major was a nerf indeed, but once unlocked it should certainly be a cost effective unit against Axis armor. If it's going to be locked in USF's final tier, it must be cost effective enough to push their opponent towards their final tier. Matching fuel cost with a StuG simply doesn't cut it for a Major tier M10.

What's interesting is that this would actually allow the unit to have better synergy with both Shermans (better penetration) AND Jacksons (more cost effective for screening).

In my opinion the best course of action should be to simply ensure every USF commander has access to a tank that can operate effectively in the lategame. Returning the M10 to an effective role would also allow the M10 to be a more suitable option for, say, Mechanized or Rifle company. It'd certainly be more appropriate that the 76mm Sherman's current implementation.

22 Sep 2018, 04:50 AM

You know, it might be a good idea to forget this silly HE round stuff with the M10 and simply reduce M10 fuel cost to 70 so it can once again be a cost effective option for USF. The HE rounds feel rather gimmicky and seem about as appropriate for the unit as the airburst shells were on the Elefant.

I hope that there's no confusion about the functional role of the M10 Tank Destroyer with its unfortunate legacy as a call-in unit and the stale metagames that have persisted as a plague.

If you really want to get wild increase the M10's NEAR penetration from 180 to 200 or even 220(!), but reduce mid range from 160 to 150 and far range from 140 to 120. Alternatively and/or additionally the M10 gun's mid range could be adjusted to calculate at 20 range instead of 25, thus tightening optimal penetration towards closer ranges.

Placing the unit in Major was a nerf indeed, but once unlocked it should certainly be a cost effective unit against Axis armor. If it's going to be locked in USF's final tier, it must be cost effective enough to push their opponent towards their final tier. Matching fuel cost with a StuG simply doesn't cut it for a Major tier M10.

What's interesting is that this would actually allow the unit to have better synergy with both Shermans (better penetration) AND Jacksons (more cost effective for screening).

In my opinion the best course of action should be to simply ensure every USF commander has access to a tank that can operate effectively in the lategame. Returning the M10 to an effective role would also allow the M10 to be a more suitable option for, say, Mechanized or Rifle company. It'd certainly be more appropriate that the 76mm Sherman's current implementation.

You make too much sense, it's honestly scary, I'd totally take those buffs over HE shells that are cute but didn't seem to do much when I tried them. Would rather they just made it a vehicle "stun" but those will never comeback to the game.
22 Sep 2018, 05:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Placing the unit in Major was a nerf indeed, but once unlocked it should certainly be a cost-effective unit against Axis armor. If it's going to be locked in USF's final tier, it must be cost-effective enough to push their opponent towards their final tier. Matching fuel cost with a StuG simply doesn't cut it for a Major tier M10.

What's interesting is that this would actually allow the unit to have better synergy with both Shermans (better penetration) AND Jacksons (more cost-effective for screening).

In my opinion, the best course of action should be to simply ensure every USF commander has access to a tank that can operate effectively in the lategame. Returning the M10 to an effective role would also allow the M10 to be a more suitable option for, say, Mechanized or Rifle company. It'd certainly be more appropriate than the 76mm Sherman's current implementation.

I'd support reducing the M10's cost to 300MP 80FU, removing the HE shell, and see how it performs from there. 70FU rivals the Puma and I'm pretty sure the M10 is more effective than the Puma; it would be far too cost-effective then (You could get 2 M10s for 1 OKW P4).

Deep down though I really think the Jackson and the M10 should also be swapped in this case and that every commander is ensured to have either an EZ8, a Pershing, a Jackson, or SP Artillery (Priest, Calliope.) be accessible.

I'd love to see this, but the issue is that the USF would be doctrine-reliant on dealing with Axis heavy armor. Doctrines with no answer to Axis heavy armor would fail to be of much use (e.g. Recon Support, which has no late-game units/abilities).

Also, if possible, can we sneak an a small buff to the Calliopie? :P
22 Sep 2018, 05:53 AM

Completely aggree with your statement but not with your solution. We may see M10 being spam as hell for that price like the Su-76 at his shiny time.

Imo, a weaker M10 should be available after two tiers unlock and be individually upgradable to match/improve their current stats.
So when the first M10 hit the field it is not an insta hard-counter for every mediums, leaving room for the Axis player. And the upgrade becomes mandatory to keep it relevant but also to prevent spamming them.
22 Sep 2018, 06:02 AM

Armor Company

I still think elite crew is full garbage. So here are two separate proposals.

Elite Crew: M20, M15, Stuart and Sherman have now 40hp more (survive one more hit). Cost 40 munition

Elite Crew: Reduce Engine Damage threshold to 50% of the vehicle life: affect M20, M15, Stuart and Sherman. Cost 40 munition
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight