Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
28 Aug 2018, 13:32 PM

Trialing change where Sappers, and Recovery Sappers have access to HEAT Grenades (The same as BOIS Tank Hunter Sections)

Caches for OKW pls. Remove all factions' lacks @ all factions feel like one's reskin. Though you can add it for sappers with that commander so you won't need to call in AT Tommies only for snare.

Churchill Crocodile
Can now fire smoke shells; ability similar to Comet and Cromwell’s Smoke Shot

Smoke and burn ahaha. Remind me why you made exceptional echelon's smoke nade and flamethrower?
28 Aug 2018, 13:34 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2018, 13:32 PMHater

Sniper and caches for OKW pls. Remove all factions' lacks @ all factions feel like one's reskin. Though you can add it for sappers with that commander so you won't need to call in AT Tommies only for snare.

As okw with 5man volks you should not have problems vs sniper ;)
And no, making all 5 faction equal would make this game boring.

Then you can go back to coh2 alpha esl cups: Wehrmacht vs Wehrmacht mirrow rank matches...

BACK TO TOPIC!
28 Aug 2018, 13:38 PM

Tested out the Defensive Commander for Ostheer, looks spot on to me, I don't see why all of the crying about being too similar to Osttruppen, Mobile Defense has Osttruppen as well and lots of other doctrines share at least 2 abilities with each other.

The only thing I would like to see at least tested is the Panzerbusche 39 package I suggested for them, and it seems like a dozen people agree with me: https://www.coh2.org/topic/81538/usf-weapon-availability-in-field-and-osttruppen-at-rifle

That's all for now, I'll report on the other revamps I test out.
28 Aug 2018, 14:32 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Invisbled some offtopic.
Don't discuss balance or axis/ allies op shit here!
Only feedback for the commanders rework!
>:(
28 Aug 2018, 14:49 PM

Can you add concrete bunkers for defensive commander or in fortification okw doctrine?

You still need fuel to have it and you only can use it in own territurium. Not like in the past, where you can walk near to enemy base.

Plan is in Winter. And the mappatch comes way ealier and seperate.

About the Hetzer: it makes no really sense to have a hetzer, when you have already jp4.

You know you can put hetzer T0 with requirement T1 and T2 just like m10s? It would bring more diversity play which WFA lacks. Ostheer and soviets has 2 late game tiers which allow you to pick medium armor or more heavy stuff. WF armies don't have it. Making more possibilities is a good way to make this game not boring.

As okw with 5man volks you should not have problems vs sniper ;)
And no, making all 5 faction equal would make this game boring.

yeah and cashes are the one of the basic things all factions have. Even soviets with their 6 men squads.

Wanna unboring stuff? You can add 223 Command Car, can capture territory and setup to lock it down, same as the PE from CoH.

Keeps the OKW unique while allowing them to get more resources without relying on the Wehrmacht to do it all of the time but of course, for a price. (A_Soldier proposal)

Tested out the Defensive Commander for Ostheer, looks spot on to me, I don't see why all of the crying about being too similar to Osttruppen, Mobile Defense has Osttruppen as well and lots of other doctrines share at least 2 abilities with each other.

Yeah but in ostroopen commander and in defensive doctrine you have:
1. fortifications
2. ostroopen
3. call in artillery barrage

Just saying that Mobile defense and Osttruppen are more diffrent.
28 Aug 2018, 15:05 PM

About the Hetzer: it makes no really sense to have a hetzer, when you have already jp4.

It could serve as an early-mid game light tank destroyer in a similar role as the SU-76 (to SU-85) to replace the Puma as stop-gap mobile AT. Long range, decent DPM and more durable than the Puma as compensation for the lack of a turret. Put it in T0 or T1 to make non-Mechanized HQ strategies more viable. I think it would add a lot of diversity and give OKW players a good alternative to the vulnerable rakettens or Puma in mid-game.

Although personally I would put it in a brand new OKW 'tank hunter' doctrine (https://www.coh2.org/topic/81230/new-commander-concepts/post/688694).
28 Aug 2018, 15:42 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

well maybe you should try and be a bit more positive rather than trashcanning the hard work of the mod team. I mean you've not even tried the mod yet and you're here saying all the changes are bad. I think that is why your first post was deleted.

I used the terms "potentially problematic" and this is considered "trashcanning" what the actual fuck?! How do you know if I have or have not tested the mod? Please show me where I said every single change is bad. My first post was deleted because it was "off topic" by a specific mod who I may have beef with. Seriously read the post before assuming.
28 Aug 2018, 15:55 PM

underwhelming USF changes really bad for the faction really bad
28 Aug 2018, 16:06 PM

By the way, the recon flares from UKF Royal Artillery doctrine are still bugged. The audio volume of radio messages from your own troops is either tremendously decreased or gone completely for several minutes whenever this ability is being used.
28 Aug 2018, 16:25 PM

Are you serious? How can you compare the Mobile Defense Osttruppen with the one from Osttruppen doctrine. One is a 3 CP callin, the other 0 CP. They have completely different purposes.

The 0 CP Osttruppen callin is the "heart" of the Osttruppen doctrine, it makes it completely unique. Or you think anyone picks it for the officer or the railway arty?? Now the new defense doctrine even shares ANOTHER ability (trenches, sandbags, barbed wire for grens and osttruppen) on top of that which makes it even worse but it doesnt matter that much.

Seriously if you had to decide between
1) buffed Stug E callin + Pak 43 + buffed sector arty and
2) Officer + supply drop + railway arty, what would you choose? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's literally Osttruppen doc 2.0
28 Aug 2018, 16:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2018, 14:49 PMStark
You know you can put hetzer T0 with requirement T1 and T2 just like m10s? It would bring more diversity play which WFA lacks. Ostheer and soviets has 2 late game tiers which allow you to pick medium armor or more heavy stuff. WF armies don't have it. Making more possibilities is a good way to make this game not boring.

But why get a hetzer when you can get a jp4. The point is that they would both do the exact same thing. Another user suggested making it like the su76, but Im not really convinced by his argument that it would be used over the puma (unless it was pretty overpowered).

Its the same issue you see with the USF m10 and m36.
28 Aug 2018, 16:38 PM

Put the Hetzer in the game god damn it.

It only overlaps with the JP4 if you tie it to OKW T4. Make it buildable from the HQ once you have ANY two trucks built.
28 Aug 2018, 16:42 PM

But why get a hetzer when you can get a jp4. The point is that they would both do the exact same thing. Another user suggested making it like the su76, but Im not really convinced by his argument that it would be used over the puma (unless it was pretty overpowered).

Its the same issue you see with the USF m10 and m36.

The idea is to use it over puma and fill the role of axis su76

I get your point Jae

But why make stormtrooper close combat squad equipt with mp40 IF there is already assualt gren squad design with the same purpose?

Look if something overlaps doesn't mean it's bad - especially if it's put in diffrent spot and it's locked behind a commander.

Diversity doesn't bite, doesn't hurt and it's make game fresh if it's made and balance correctly
28 Aug 2018, 16:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Can you guys tie the call-in p4 to tech like you did with the puma? It's in the same doctrine and was a bigger problem...
28 Aug 2018, 16:51 PM

Invisbled some offtopic.
Don't discuss balance or axis/ allies op shit here!
Only feedback for the commanders rework!

Why didn't you invisibled your reply to my post, but invised my reply to your reply? No op shit balance was there, imo. Why things, mentioned under commander revamp (including balance) cannot be discussed here anyway? Where should we discuss them? Thanks in advance for the answers.

45mm Anti-Tank Gun
+20% reload and -25% reload

Uhm :help:

Forward Headquarters
As an alternative to designating a command building, this ability now also allows the player to build a Field Base; this structure reinforces and heals nearby infantry.

Alternative? So it's either turn garrison into HQ or build one? Not so urban now... Buffs are present in both variants or removed from buildable one, or?..

28 Aug 2018, 17:25 PM

The extra man for wehrmacht makes literally performs worse than a 4 man grenadier with an mg . I tried 6 times and each time the mg squad won. What's the point in taking away their mg? it takes away the entire point of getting 5 men.

On another note the proposed Puma changes are awful . Puma should be available at tier 2 stock with no doctrine to counter fast enemy ac's which at the moment wehr only have at gun for.
PAGES (107)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS