Login

russian armor

Sturmofficer is boring to use...

1 Aug 2018, 17:58 PM

At the very least it should lose the trait that all nearby squads retreat when the officer is killed. The aura buff is nowhere near strong enough to justify this.

Shouldn't be too hard to keep him behind the infantry your supporting. If you let The officer get targeted that's on you
1 Aug 2018, 18:03 PM

As i said i would prefer it to be good but not obersoldaten on crack good except if the squad is super small, then if its a pure support squad of 3 model it need to be super cheap'around 240mp and 4-5pop and not be insta wiped by a lucky mortar shell or nobody will use it.
1 Aug 2018, 18:05 PM

As i said i would prefer it to be good but not obersoldaten on crack good except if the squad is super small, then if its a pure support squad of 3 model it need to be super cheap'around 240mp and 4-5pop and not be insta wiped by a lucky mortar shell or nobody will use it.

Major is purely support unit, its 3 man squad and is wiped by a lucky mortar shell.
Its usable.

But if SO was to ever lose the aura and mass retreat disadvantage, it should not be any more durable, no reason for it. Wehr officer work fine as purely supportive unit that isn't doing murdering itself.
1 Aug 2018, 18:54 PM

major is a retreat point and i honestly never ever saw a major going to the front in pvp.

and it arive way later in the game... the sturm officer is a 1cp unit... meaning it should be coming in game early and tip the balance .
1 Aug 2018, 19:02 PM

The aura buffs are not that great for the risk of having mass retreats but buffing this unit or its aura will just lead to a big blob of death.
1 Aug 2018, 19:05 PM

The aura buffs are not that great for the risk of having mass retreats but buffing this unit or its aura will just lead to a big blob of death.

indeed its why most want the unit to lose the aura and get more activ skill and stay a semi decent unit since its come fairly early and the OKW cant really throw mp on pure support unit(except if its a very very good support unit)
1 Aug 2018, 19:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

major is a retreat point and i honestly never ever saw a major going to the front in pvp

Major doesn't have Ober Kars models to do damage and it arrives way too late in the game to gain vet with no weapon upgrades. Still it's been use as a capping unit or arty caller from time to time.

Obers at CP1 would imba the game, that's why i decided to reduce the model count and reduce mp cost and buff it's RA. As the game progress, it would be more resilient and deadlier without overstepping on other units which improve through either better vet or weapon upgrades.

Probably most of the vet benefits might need to be changed from positions. Also something that i failed to mention is that the AoE limited buff should have a cost attached to it. It would be a pseudo "For the fatherland" buff with a drawback.
1 Aug 2018, 19:40 PM

Sturmofficer shouldn´t be in the game in the first place. All it does is promote stupid blobbing. If I had any say in this I would remove it and replace it with something else.

THIS. It's also not that bad of a fighting unit because the 3 models attending the officer has Ober rifle stats - so you can effectively get an early Ober squad. I'd say turn the Aura into a timed ability that costs munitions like the Artillery Officer's coordinated fire and remove the Retreat gimmick.
1 Aug 2018, 20:53 PM

Yeah but it also mean it cost a massiv amount of mp to reinforce(and take ages) something the OKW doesnt swim in early on...

Without a mg34 the ober are a bit meh uber costly to reinforce and super slow to reinforce(often being able to send volks r sturm on two assautl when ober can only participate in one)...
So if he cant get special ober maybe make them a itty bitty better?cheaper faster to reinforce ect...?since your locked to kar98 ober
2 Aug 2018, 00:15 AM

Major is purely support unit, its 3 man squad and is wiped by a lucky mortar shell.
Its usable.

Major is also free.
2 Aug 2018, 06:45 AM

Major is also free.

Which is not the point.
The point is, it works in its role of non combat support.
2 Aug 2018, 06:51 AM

If your sturmofficer is in place, where opposing infantry can just focus him down, then you've failed with positioning.

It should never be anywhere close to be in range of opposing small arms, only exception is the time he uses abilities, at all other time he should be slightly behind.

And the buff is powerful enough to justify retreat on kill.
Its ultimate infantry blob gimmick, permanent and always on.

With 2 extra squads, you have over 20% extra dps, with 3, over 30%.

What if Sov's had such an officer, would it be okay? I'm guessing by your obvious bias against Axis it would be totally fine.
2 Aug 2018, 07:25 AM

Which is not the point.
The point is, it works in its role of non combat support.

Yes,because it's free.

Any minute benifit it brings to the field is a net positive, no matter what.

Compare that to the sturmofficer where you have to make a benifit/cost/opportunity cost decision to call it in. If it's not worth its cost, it does not work.
2 Aug 2018, 07:35 AM

Its usable.

But if SO was to ever lose the aura and mass retreat disadvantage, it should not be any more durable, no reason for it. Wehr officer work fine as purely supportive unit that isn't doing murdering itself.

That is incorrect Wehr officer is not a "purely supportive unit" and also it can do allot of damage in close range. PLS stop spreading misinformation.
2 Aug 2018, 09:14 AM

I would like to know that, pretty please. What about you tell us what the stats are instead of obsessing that others are wrong? We all know how to use it, so please don't avoid the question, stats are great for a balance discussion and it's the right thread and thus more productive

Grammatically, and schematically the unit isn't doing murdering itself. He's not spreading misinformation.
2 Aug 2018, 10:02 AM

This is thread about Sturmofficer. My advice for anyone who want to learn about Wer artillery officer is to load that game and test him in game. He he will see that he can do much more than support other units.

Alternatively one can ask for help on how to use the artillery officer in an appropriate thread/section, where I will be happy to provide any stats needed.
2 Aug 2018, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2018, 10:02 AMVipper
This is thread about Sturmofficer. My advice for anyone who want to learn about Wer artillery officer is to load that game and test him in game. He he will see that he can do much more than support other units.

Alternatively one can ask for help on how to use the artillery officer in an appropriate thread/section, where I will be happy to provide any stats needed.

I think john smith is secretly in love with you

Regarding the topic, what about if the sturm officer loses its aura buffs and the mass retreat drawback but still keeps its abilities, i think then more people would use it.
2 Aug 2018, 14:30 PM

Regarding the topic, what about if the sturm officer loses its aura buffs and the mass retreat drawback but still keeps its abilities, i think then more people would use it.

Probably the best choice here. Something like an officer should open up tactical choices not restrict them (like having to blob to get the most out of it)
2 Aug 2018, 15:04 PM

Indeed its the most interesting choice. but OKW player will probably cry if he doesnt get somethign for its lost aura, even if he doesn't make your squad retreat
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★