Login

russian armor

Give me a reason why KV8 is OP?

PAGES (22)down
15 May 2014, 22:16 PM

Guys...
Granted it's not a KV-8 but nonetheless...It MUST rape infantry.
15 May 2014, 22:33 PM

It's not that strong anymore, if you got armor defending your infantry, a clever guy won't charge in with the KV-8.

Ofcours, a KV-8 will kill infantry, it's meant to do that.
Use combined arms and it won't charge that easily.

2 PaKs makes one have second thoughts about a head-on KV-8 push, it takes quite a bit of damage.
15 May 2014, 23:11 PM

It's kinda dumb that the KV8 flamethrower does better damage than a regular ROK flamethrower, unless I'm mistaken.
15 May 2014, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 23:11 PM1[][]
It's kinda dumb that the KV8 flamethrower does better damage than a regular ROK flamethrower, unless I'm mistaken.

Maybe it's because the KV-8 is not armed with a ROK flamethrower.
16 May 2014, 00:03 AM

Hehe
16 May 2014, 01:13 AM

Nah it's armed with a direct portal to Satan's Asshole after a binge meal of Chipotle and Taco Bell.
16 May 2014, 05:55 AM

Guys,

There are two units in this game that are a doom for a certain type of enemy units being verry hard to kill in the same time with the tools you might have at thatgame stage.

One is the KV-8 (for infantry) the other one is the Elefant on tanks.

Now the defenders of KV-8 will say "but it only rapes infantry". The defenders of Elefant will say "but it only rapes tanks".

Maybe Relic intentionally let these units in the game to be the doom of their pray.

Before, it was pretty disturbing because german infantry is generally shit (in terms of durability) and infantry is the only german tool to cap teritorry. But now, when germans have also powerfull AI tools like the Ostwind or Tiger, things are more balanced, I guess. I miss though that FHT. Too bad they put that upgrade at a game stage when you need to build anything else but the HT and you want to spend your amo on anything else but HT upgrade.
16 May 2014, 11:01 AM

Elephant dont rape tanks like KV-8 rapes infantry (mutatis mutandis). I'm getting quite tired to see people that dont actually play at a real level of skill telling me to "don't charge KV8 with infantry". You don't say ? I can tell you that before posting here, i've faced infantry instant retreat and death SEVERAL times. In a strategy game every unit have its power and its weakness but as i would just tone a bit the flamer power, its mainly the armor and hp of this shit that i'm crying about. Elephant is good against tank, but as soon as you get circled its over. KV8 played by a decent opponent (no, average 2V2 4V4 etc. players are NOT very good players) will just hit and back, and as you can't slow it with faust, and you can't poke it with tanks (don't tell me "easily you can shoot it with 3 elephants", please) this unit have a BALANCE problem. It just have much more advantages than weakness, thats the exact definition of balance problem.
16 May 2014, 11:07 AM

Guys,

There are two units in this game that are a doom for a certain type of enemy units being verry hard to kill in the same time with the tools you might have at thatgame stage.

Now the defenders of KV-8 will say "but it only rapes infantry". The defenders of Elefant will say "but it only rapes tanks".

Maybe Relic intentionally let these units in the game to be the doom of their pray.

Before, it was pretty disturbing because german infantry is generally shit (in terms of durability) and infantry is the only german tool to cap teritorry. But now, when germans have also powerfull AI tools like the Ostwind or Tiger, things are more balanced, I guess. I miss though that FHT. Too bad they put that upgrade at a game stage when you need to build anything else but the HT and you want to spend your amo on anything else but HT upgrade.

There is one quite noticable difference in your reasoning.

KV-8 can be reliably countered by a single unit that is not doctrinal, arrives before KV-8, you can have a pair of them and actually do not require soviet player to be braindead to work. The same can not be said about the ele. KV-8 also do not roast your troops using supreme range.

Its almost as if devs want KV-8 to perform the way it does seeing when was last change for it. That and it was nerfed both directly and indirectly in last patch.
16 May 2014, 11:15 AM

Permanently Banned
Guys,

You forget that in Elephant Doctrine there is the hardcounter to Sovjet Arty... But in KV-8 Doctrine there isn't hardcounter to all German tanks :(
16 May 2014, 11:29 AM
Donator 33

The problem isn't the KV8 as such, but flame in general being waaaaay too strong vs retreating units. It was a problem with he early Flammen HT and it is a problem with the Scoutcar.

The KV8 has had its Hp reduced by 25%, that was a good thing, but the problem is mobile flamers in general.
16 May 2014, 15:36 PM

Posted this in another thread but I think it makes more sense here. Gren sees the KV8, 2 seconds later retreats, and 2 seconds after that is dead. Not saying this means the KV8 is OP, but it is extremely punishing to infantry.
I think it should do less damage to retreating squads, but other than that I think it's fine. Just makes sense to keep it in line with every other unit in the game since accuracy modifier don't matter to flame units. Same problem with M3 flamer and FHT, but those problems are slightly mitigated by the low armor/hp that those units have.

Look at the Soviet unit roster, not a single AT unit,normally PZ IV + Pak kills KV in no time, posting images from one-sided match does not prove anything.
16 May 2014, 16:21 PM

It'll still survive for about ~15 seconds due to high health and armour. It killed those soldiers in about 4. It's possible the KV-8 will still escape.
16 May 2014, 16:40 PM

Permanently Banned
I think this screens are not a good example, the german player dont listen the tank sound???

They need retreat when know that a tank is comming...

Paying for see with no support or actions? GG

16 May 2014, 17:22 PM

Hindsight is 20/20 though. You can't have 2 Pak's or 2 Panzers follow every Grenadier squad, you actually have to send troops out to capture territory sometimes.

You also can't hear Tanks until they get close by, so 'listening' in the fog of war doesn't reveal anything.
16 May 2014, 18:11 PM

Look at the Soviet unit roster, not a single AT unit,normally PZ IV + Pak kills KV in no time, posting images from one-sided match does not prove anything.

The point was the speed it killed. Supporting units wouldn't have had time to kill it. And if the grens should have 2 paks nearby, then the KV should also have had 2 extra units nearby too. In which case it definitely escapes but the grens die anyway.

The punishment for capping with unsupported troops should be - you have to retreat or die - and then you lose field presence. Good punishment.

It shouldn't be - UNSUPPORTED!? THEN YOU DIE! -
17 May 2014, 00:14 AM

Just for the record it wasn't a one sided game. I had played this guy twice previously, and won the first time with Cons and flamer car, stalling with T2 till Sherman call-ins. 2nd game he beat me by going close air support and beating back Shermans with paks, shreks and tellers.

I called in those shocks later in the game, too late for him to have the fuel to effectively tech switch to T3.
And he was doing rather well. I'm down to 2 shocks and 3 cons from 5 or so cons, 2 M3s and 2 flamer engis. He had S-mines all over, it was very difficult for me to maneuver till I got the KV8 out. I was even still on the ropes until I got a 2nd KV8 out.

I agree that the KV8 should punish and almost always beat T1/T2 play, it just seems a little unfair that he retreats his grens almost immediately and it didn't matter at all.
He had a one second window to retreat, that is brutal. I just think that's a bit much, that's all.
17 May 2014, 00:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2014, 16:40 PMBravus
I think this screens are not a good example, the german player dont listen the tank sound???

They need retreat when know that a tank is comming...

Paying for see with no support or actions? GG

So you're saying my infantry should automatically assume every tank sound is a KV8 and just retreat?
17 May 2014, 00:23 AM

I've heard stories it's armed with the stuff inside your mothers vagina.
17 May 2014, 01:09 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 19:30 PMWiFiDi

I can't tell if you are mocking me or agreeing with me, but either way thank you for noticing me
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 24
Germany 45
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L