Login

russian armor

Give me a reason why KV8 is OP?

PAGES (22)down
16 Sep 2013, 17:30 PM

Before the Su-85 speed nerf this patch, all of the Soviet fanboys said "l2flank" knowing full well that the Su-85 could superman-reverse out of anything.

I guess German players will need to "l2panzer" for a couple of more months before we see any KV-8 changes.
22 Sep 2013, 05:51 AM

This has to be the most abused OP unit in the game at the moment. It has an incredible amount of health, bounced shots from everything and annihilates squads in one or two bursts.

It require no skill and absolutely no micro, you just drive it at your opponents Inf and they die. Then you can take about 6-7 shots from a Panther or P4 and just retreat back behind the safety of your SU-85's.

It either needs a health nerf or a massive nerf of the flame thrower. This unit alone has almost made me quit playing this game until its fixed. Every game so far I have played this patch 2v2 the Russians are use that doctrine and spam Shocks, KV8 and SU85 for an easy win every time.
22 Sep 2013, 14:13 PM

The unit is purely OP. Yesterday one of those rushed my base exactly when my P4 got out, couple of hits and it was barely alive. Then it tried to get out of the base (Kholadnya / left base). From my HQ to the Church it got 7 HITS IN THE REAR FROM P4, AND NOT A SINGLE ONE DID ANY DAMAGE.

Ofcorse the Ats outside anihilated me, but the point is, KV8 has extreme rear armor demage deflection. I forgot to save replay, because I was furious, but sure I'm not the only guy with a situation like this.

Although I like the damage it deals to units, I completely dislike the lack of counter to it , besides heavy tanks.
A_E
24 Nov 2013, 19:45 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

IT KILLED ALL MY MENS IN A GAME I HAD.

For real though it's reasonably OP for what it does, it's like a Sherman Crocodile but can take about 7 pak shots to its frontal armour.
15 May 2014, 17:32 PM

Why is this *** not nerfed yet ? Its just the more imba thing yet. It's not even fun, it rapes INSTANTLY every infantry. Getting panthers ASAP means that you skip T3, and one does not simply skip T3.
15 May 2014, 17:41 PM

15 May 2014, 17:44 PM

Aerohank gets the award for best Meme on this forum.
15 May 2014, 17:52 PM

What's happening here? Just have a pak and a stug to cover the retreat of your infantry.
Don't faust it...just retreat right away and let your pak/stug do the work.
Why does everyone cry OP anytime a unit kills one of their squads?
15 May 2014, 18:14 PM

Don't use a Pak, KV-8 eats Pak for breakfast. Your best bet is to hope you have a tank nearby, you won't be able to kill it in a timely manner, but you might be able to body-block it long enough for your Infantry to get away.
15 May 2014, 18:42 PM
Patrion 27

What's happening here? Just have a pak and a stug to cover the retreat of your infantry.
Don't faust it...just retreat right away and let your pak/stug do the work.

Years of playing non-RTS where you can kill entire planets while regenerating health outside of combat.

Really, it's rare that I'm surprised by a KV-8 since players loadouts are visible on the loading screen...
15 May 2014, 18:58 PM

Years of playing non-RTS where you can kill entire planets while regenerating health outside of combat.

Really, it's rare that I'm surprised by a KV-8 since players loadouts are visible on the loading screen...

:lolol: Killing entire planets while regenerating health.
15 May 2014, 19:00 PM

Don't use a Pak, KV-8 eats Pak for breakfast. Your best bet is to hope you have a tank nearby, you won't be able to kill it in a timely manner, but you might be able to body-block it long enough for your Infantry to get away.

I'm not saying you'll kill it, but he'll reverse to get repaired as long as 2-4 shots penetrate from either Pak or StuG. At that point, you know he's got the KV-8 and you should get some extra StuGs or paks.
15 May 2014, 19:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Because people think "Unit preservation is important" means "Units are not suppossed to die"
15 May 2014, 19:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Because people think "Unit preservation is important" means "Units are not suppossed to die"

15 May 2014, 19:32 PM

If they want to preserve their grenadiers VS a KV-8, No panzerfaust...just retreat as soon as they see it.
15 May 2014, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2014, 19:30 PMWiFiDi

Dat Lincoln statue in the back looks creepy as helllllll
15 May 2014, 19:33 PM

It wouldn't be so bad if I could think of anything that was on equal power to it. Ostwind is the closest you'll get, and that thing needs to sit still against an enemy in the open for optimal damage, and even then it doesn't quite match the KV-8's lethality. At least if you retreat from an Ostwind with half a squad, you know they'll get back okay. Can't say the same if you retreat from a KV-8 with a full squad.
15 May 2014, 20:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Relic soviet balance. Gotta love it
15 May 2014, 20:37 PM

Posted this in another thread but I think it makes more sense here. Gren sees the KV8, 2 seconds later retreats, and 2 seconds after that is dead. Not saying this means the KV8 is OP, but it is extremely punishing to infantry.
I think it should do less damage to retreating squads, but other than that I think it's fine. Just makes sense to keep it in line with every other unit in the game since accuracy modifier don't matter to flame units. Same problem with M3 flamer and FHT, but those problems are slightly mitigated by the low armor/hp that those units have.
15 May 2014, 21:26 PM

It's not that strong anymore, if you got armor defending your infantry, a clever guy won't charge in with the KV-8.

Ofcours, a KV-8 will kill infantry, it's meant to do that.
Use combined arms and it won't charge that easily.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS