Login

russian armor

OBK buildings in disadvantage

2 Jun 2018, 23:03 PM
Patrion 310

Acutally my opponenet was using a pure cheese tactic.We had both fuel and were about to take mid so he walks with one single IS squad to my base (MG bunkers somehow didn't nailed him) and throw and arty strike there.

Got a replay? Offmap shouldnt be able to target base sector, if it is then its a bug.

If its the flare that infantry can throw, then that is on map arty and of course can fire into a base (much like LeFH :) )
3 Jun 2018, 03:00 AM

Acutally my opponenet was using a pure cheese tactic.We had both fuel and were about to take mid so he walks with one single IS squad to my base (MG bunkers somehow didn't nailed him) and throw and arty strike there.

dont lie. even istommies cant throw arti in your base.
3 Jun 2018, 05:09 AM

So is there any reason why OKW bases should get a brace?
3 Jun 2018, 08:23 AM

Got a replay? Offmap shouldnt be able to target base sector, if it is then its a bug.

If its the flare that infantry can throw, then that is on map arty and of course can fire into a base (much like LeFH :) )

dont lie. even istommies cant throw arti in your base.

Sorry I was mistaken.I tested kinda the same tactic when playing brit(Put some infantry into UC and rush into his base) and apparently you can't arty his basesector(maybe it was some kind of "bug" or wrong designed base sector on the map where this happend to me)
3 Jun 2018, 10:30 AM

So is there any reason why OKW bases should get a brace?

Brace is a retarded idea and that´s why OKW trucks shouldnt get it. Simple enough really. Who in his right state of mind would want more buildings with brace is beyond me.

4 Jun 2018, 05:52 AM

OKW truck buildings should have the same HP and armor like other factions buildings...WHEN build in base.
4 Jun 2018, 22:34 PM

Did you check how long it takes to repair buildings of other factions? All buildings take long to repair. Okw ones are not even the slowest.

How many other factions have to repair their bases while getting off map arty'd?
4 Jun 2018, 22:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2018, 22:34 PMsinthe

How many other factions have to repair their bases while getting off map arty'd?
as said once again, build it in the fucking base, if u really want, put the AA truck ona cut off near ur base (and by near i mean adiacent) only if u are about to lose hard it's gonna get desrtoyed
4 Jun 2018, 22:49 PM

as said once again, build it in the fucking base, if u really want, put the AA truck ona cut off near ur base (and by near i mean adiacent) only if u are about to lose hard it's gonna get desrtoyed

I agree. The point I'm making is that there is no reason to place a truck outside of the base. Pretty much 2 of any off-map will destroy it and it can't be repaired fast enough. The on map stuff isn't accurate enough to be much of a problem.
4 Jun 2018, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2018, 22:49 PMsinthe

I agree. The point I'm making is that there is no reason to place a truck outside of the base. Pretty much 2 of any off-map will destroy it and it can't be repaired fast enough. The on map stuff isn't accurate enough to be much of a problem.

200+ munitions is a lot to spend back to back, and that’s assuming hat you hold control of the situation long enough for it to cool down and be used again if it’s a 1v1 as well. I personally like to cover really obvious cutoffs such as the ones on kholodny and langreskaya with them just because most of the time they aren’t able or willing to spam offmaps on it and if they try to destroy it with their troops it’s much easier to take control of the engagement on defense right outside of your base and can win you the game if they overextend. Also worth noting that I often go all-in to destroy them as allies in 1v1s. When it works, it’s great, but if it doesn’t, you’ve possibly lost a lot of units and/or wasted offmaps on it while sacrificing your presence on the rest of the map for a considerable time.

TL; DR I think there’s a significant amount of risk vs reward for both sides in this situation and if they have 200+ muni just sitting around as any allied faction (except maybe soviets) then they’ve been sacrificing a lot of anti infantry capabilities earlier. Have fun using vanilla riflemen or tommies without grenades or smoke support against stg volks and falls or obers.
5 Jun 2018, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2018, 22:34 PMsinthe

How many other factions put their bases so forward to be in range of off map arty?
5 Jun 2018, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2018, 22:49 PMsinthe

2 off map have a cd unless 2 vs 2 or more in that case just build it in base at it way safer from push too in that mode
5 Jun 2018, 14:08 PM

3 pages in a topic that starts by "I noticed that any faction has it's own buildings built inside the base when instead the OBK has to build them outside" ... what a waste of energy <444>_<444>
12 Jun 2018, 22:20 PM

OKW buildings are the biggest reason why OKW is so shit atm (at least in 2v2s). You cant place them even one sector next to your base without risking losing them since they die so incredibly fast. Yet you dont get any worthwile bonusses when building them outside; high risk, low reward. I have seen enemy troops casually walking through the OKW flak without taking too much dmg. Completely overnerfed, and whwen you lose it, you lost the game.
13 Jun 2018, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2018, 22:20 PMGarrett
OKW buildings are the biggest reason why OKW is so shit atm (at least in 2v2s).
[...]

I'd blame OKW players, not buildings ;)
13 Jun 2018, 14:44 PM

I'd blame OKW players, not buildings ;)

Did you also read the rest of my argument or only the first sentence? Perfect argument from you though, I can hardly find any words against it. Sarcasm off.
13 Jun 2018, 20:13 PM

Permanently Banned
I think allied offmaps should be specifically nerfed a bit against OKW buildings. Stuka bomb/railway can't even 1 shot a quite cheap, unbraced emplacement so that should be fair. The thing about OKW buildings is that you can drop arty and then its dead. You don't need a follow up attack. Against emplacements, you need to follow up since the Brit likely hit brace and you need to be ready after the brace wears off.

Either you nerf the offmaps, or give the OKW player a choice to save fuel if you place it in the base. Lets say 80 f for flakless Scherwer HQ.
14 Jun 2018, 00:24 AM

Haha once again find a reason not only why okw should be nerfed but buffed again. Only thing that can attack them in the base sector is heavy arty, in wich british emplacements nerfed severely easily hard countered by even just one lieg. Thats okw lets forget about walking stuka that does artillery dmg to allied vehicles unlike all other rocket arty. Okw still has lefh but its camped behind a heal truck and auto cannon truck, (both protect it and make it more viable than allies using it ) chances of old school getting vision are slim to call in an off map

British foward points can be killed by incendiary nades its a tech truck but still two incendiary nades kill the brits and almost one incendiary nade kills usf emplacement, also for some reason sturm can shoot through walls of buildings with no windows and destroy usf emplacements just with their smgs

If your playing 2v2 okw vs a usf opponet just make 4x volks and use cover in begginning youll outshoot rifles in every single cover rance and engagment and they will have less squads. After that click button for stg upgrade on field further ignore allied infantry and just stand on cap. If its an allied mg also blob it they cant pin more than 2 squads at once while microed. Plus due to volks recieved accuaracy you can just out shoot mg before it can pin vet 2 or 3. As recieved hugh accuaracy on all axis squads is a joke 2 vet 3 volks charge vickers have to micro at both volks to pin them second you fire at one volk to yellow pin him other instantly gets up and is un pinned its amazing yet mg 34 tho it has shity dmg and 42 can pin entire rifle blon red at once vet 3 AMAZING. Other day i played a game guy moved a mg42 up on me with one pinned gren squad i had 2 spread is on each side of vickers mg42 pins vickers red and both is same time AMAZING set and forget
14 Jun 2018, 00:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2018, 00:24 AMRocket
Haha once again find a reason not only why okw should be nerfed but buffed again. Only thing that can attack them in the base sector is heavy arty, in wich british emplacements nerfed severely easily hard countered by even just one lieg. Thats okw lets forget about walking stuka that does artillery dmg to allied vehicles unlike all other rocket arty. Okw still has lefh but its camped behind a heal truck and auto cannon truck, (both protect it and make it more viable than allies using it ) chances of old school getting vision are slim to call in an off map

British foward points can be killed by incendiary nades its a tech truck but still two incendiary nades kill the brits and almost one incendiary nade kills usf emplacement, also for some reason sturm can shoot through walls of buildings with no windows and destroy usf emplacements just with their smgs

If your playing 2v2 okw vs a usf opponet just make 4x volks and use cover in begginning youll outshoot rifles in every single cover rance and engagment and they will have less squads. After that click button for stg upgrade on field further ignore allied infantry and just stand on cap. If its an allied mg also blob it they cant pin more than 2 squads at once while microed. Plus due to volks recieved accuaracy you can just out shoot mg before it can pin vet 2 or 3. As recieved hugh accuaracy on all axis squads is a joke 2 vet 3 volks charge vickers have to micro at both volks to pin them second you fire at one volk to yellow pin him other instantly gets up and is un pinned its amazing yet mg 34 tho it has shity dmg and 42 can pin entire rifle blon red at once vet 3 AMAZING. Other day i played a game guy moved a mg42 up on me with one pinned gren squad i had 2 spread is on each side of vickers mg42 pins vickers red and both is same time AMAZING set and forget

Edit the waaaaaah brit emplacements its why okw got lefh like everything else but when other factions got nerfed they still have the same shit hahaha and the retards to justify why they have it when the original justification is long gone
14 Jun 2018, 00:35 AM

Yes okw shoukd save more fuel when they pay nothing for grenade, stg, healing upgrades not in bedding in their cost when okw p4 can arrive sooner than sherman in a balanced game
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★