Login

russian armor

OBK buildings in disadvantage

31 May 2018, 19:37 PM

Off map artillery cannot target base sectors.

On map arti, however can do as it pleases.

With the medic truck FRP being a penalty now, and a flak truck that doesn't have AA without disabling ground fire for a long time, there is really no point of putting any OKW truck outside of base except on maybe 4v4 maps like Lorch Assault.

While it does suck that OKW trucks are easily killed by offmaps, that was the "balance" argument before "balance" changed. Best option is to put them where offmaps can't get them: in base.
edo
1 Jun 2018, 08:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2018, 02:44 AMsinthe

Durability ins't as much of an issue when you can't arty in the base sector.

if they use sexton, priest or build cannons it is a issue even if in base
edo
1 Jun 2018, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2018, 17:16 PMEsxile

And less durability the farest they are. That's a interesting proposal, what would be the malus for a truck deployed close to a VP which are usualy at the middle of the map?

if american officers get killed they can be retrained without fuel cost and don't loose the ability to call troops, though they've got good boonuses that makes troops stronger. This is unfair compared to OBK that if looses a building can't call troops anymore. Americans always place the colonel near the frontline with a ambulance to keep retrouping and waving, thing that makes them OP sometimes
1 Jun 2018, 10:10 AM

What the fuck is OBK
1 Jun 2018, 11:06 AM

What the fuck is OBK

Oberkommando. Don't be that guy.
1 Jun 2018, 11:28 AM

its funny to build 2 priest or sextons and destroy the OKW trucks in their base area with no problems. They die relativ easy and fast it think last time i need 2-4 barrages per truck....and could managed to kill 2-3 pios sqaud while repairing:

i didnt need skill...only 2 units and 1 button ....no micro ...no skill.
1 Jun 2018, 11:31 AM

its funny to build 2 priest or sextons and destroy the OKW trucks in their base area with no problems. They die relativ easy and fast it think last time i need 2-4 barrages per truck....and could managed to kill 2-3 pios sqaud while repairing:

i didnt need skill...only 2 units and 1 button ....no micro ...no skill.

Will you stop your 4v4 perfect scenarios, where allies always have both fuels and okw never has any army?

To have 2 priests/sextons in 1v1 or hell even a 2v2 game is unrealistic, you will NOT have fuel for that, you will NOT have pop for that.

One arty piece is the most you can afford without being steamrolled hard.

Moreover, if you never repair your stuff after barrage, that again is on you-its not soviet FHQs, you can repair them and should repair them and doing that under a barrage might NOT be the smartest idea ever.

Damn, I'd give a lot to see you play in any of that scenario.
1 Jun 2018, 12:08 PM

Will you stop your 4v4 perfect scenarios, where allies always have both fuels and okw never has any army?

To have 2 priests/sextons in 1v1 or hell even a 2v2 game is unrealistic, you will NOT have fuel for that, you will NOT have pop for that.

Moreover, if you never repair your stuff after barrage, that again is on you-its not soviet FHQs, you can repair them and should repair them and doing that under a barrage might NOT be the smartest idea ever.

Damn, I'd give a lot to see you play in any of that scenario.

i talk about 2v2....

i dont understand why do you mean that 2v2 isnt it possible to have 2 artys? they do a lot of work ...win you the game because the arty destroy the enemy base ...and can barage ost defence line effectivly. dont understand what is here impossible. 200 fuel is nothing in a 2v2 game.

and when you bomb the enemy OKW base..you will kill some squads randomly...very easy cheesy
1 Jun 2018, 12:41 PM

Because if you're not stomping your opponent and if you go for more then 1 fuel costing arty, you'll be rolled over by armor.
1 Jun 2018, 14:22 PM

Because if you're not stomping your opponent and if you go for more then 1 fuel costing arty, you'll be rolled over by armor.

thats why i stomped the enemy and he has no base anymore...easy one...and on most 2v2 you can defence yourself with 1-2 ATG and some zooks and handheld AT. or get you one jackson and lol about armor..not that hard
1 Jun 2018, 14:33 PM

Note that Sturmpioneers (even with the support package upgrade) take incredibly long to repair the trucks for some reason. If there is more than a single piece of artillery in the enemy team (3v3 and 4v4) it's practically impossible to repair in between barrages because they can't finish on time.
1 Jun 2018, 14:39 PM
Donator 11

Note that Sturmpioneers (even with the support package upgrade) take incredibly long to repair the trucks for some reason. If there is more than a single piece of artillery in the enemy team (3v3 and 4v4) it's practically impossible to repair in between barrages because they can't finish on time.

Did you check how long it takes to repair buildings of other factions? All buildings take long to repair. Okw ones are not even the slowest.
1 Jun 2018, 15:35 PM

Did you check how long it takes to repair buildings of other factions? All buildings take long to repair. Okw ones are not even the slowest.

Did you check how much more durable other factions' HQ buidlings are? Sturmpio repair time is not proportionate to truck health. Even far behind the front lines or even in base they usually take more damage than Sturmpio's can repair before the next barrage hits.
1 Jun 2018, 19:11 PM

Unless of course you drop a barrage on flacktruck, use major recon, use offmap and delete flacktruck.

Then youre ahead.
1 Jun 2018, 23:40 PM

Off map artillery cannot target base sectors.

What about the British Arty which comes with Infantry ?(Just had a cheesy game where my opponent did this)
2 Jun 2018, 03:05 AM

What about the British Arty which comes with Infantry ?(Just had a cheesy game where my opponent did this)

why even do you make em throw it to your hq. it must be you built it too foward or you are overwhelmed.
2 Jun 2018, 04:17 AM

every okw truck should have a mounted kt turret imo
2 Jun 2018, 16:17 PM

every okw truck should have a mounted kt turret imo

Then they are vulnerable to air attacks!
Lelic bring back flak88 as upgrade for sws trucks okw helpless without!
2 Jun 2018, 17:11 PM

why even do you make em throw it to your hq. it must be you built it too foward or you are overwhelmed.

Acutally my opponenet was using a pure cheese tactic.We had both fuel and were about to take mid so he walks with one single IS squad to my base (MG bunkers somehow didn't nailed him) and throw and arty strike there.
2 Jun 2018, 18:46 PM

I thought arty flares couldn't be called into the base, seems imba for those to work but not okw tank commander arty if you ask me...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★