Login

russian armor

Jackson Overperforming

23 May 2018, 08:05 AM

Sherman has great pen on its AP shells iirc. Don't recall the numbers but isn't it 140 close and something like 120 far? That's pretty great and again, I'm going off memory here but the AP shells also have an AOE of 2 (VS the regular 2.5 of multi purpose shells) so you are not trading so much AI for pretty solid AT. It might be interesting to see what knocking that AOE down a bit and seeing what elevated pen would look like (say give it TD AOE but like +20 pen on all ranges) then the Sherman could be the medium killer OR infantry killer but falls off VS combined arms approaches.

Sherman problems is its survivability, not its DPS vs various targets. Knowing all infantry vs you can snare you make it irrelevant in almost all situations and I have been a fervent user of Sherman "spam" strat in 2vs2 till rank 50/30.

There is nothing insentive to build a Sherman over a Jackson. Over-performance of Jackson is also due to you have to build it yes or yes, even more if you went Lieutenant first. Actually I'm using a lot Armor company so I can diversify my late game build. A M10 is enough vs medium and let me get faster Scott, then I can build a Jackson if needed.

This is something I have say since long but Jackson can never be balanced since it has to fill two distinct roles and with other AT source in support. In comparaison UKF can always field Atgun or a AEC to support its Firefly, or simply to build mines to protect its flank.
23 May 2018, 08:07 AM

The issue start from the fact that unit are balanced at vet 0 and little attention is given to vet bonus that are simply removed without being replaced or by giving bonus that of little use.

FF is one of the most accurate units and it receives another x130 accuracy. Panther get 10% armor which is rather pointless. Stug get armor again rather pointless.

In the Case of the M36 some of basic stat should be lowered either speed or penetration or HP or accuracy and transferred to vet bonuses.
23 May 2018, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 08:07 AMVipper
The issue start from the fact that unit are balanced at vet 0 and little attention is given to vet bonus that are simply removed without being replaced or by giving bonus that of little use.

FF is one of the most accurate units and it receives another x130 accuracy. Panther get 10% armor which is rather pointless. Stug get armor again rather pointless.

In the Case of the M36 some of basic stat should be lowered either speed or penetration or HP or accuracy and transferred to vet bonuses.

So it has no chance when it hits the field. Vet is a reward, not a mandatory milestone you must achieve in order to have the unit relevant.
23 May 2018, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 08:05 AMEsxile

Sherman problems is its survivability, not its DPS vs various targets. Knowing all infantry vs you can snare you make it irrelevant in almost all situations and I have been a fervent user of Sherman "spam" strat in 2vs2 till rank 50/30.

There is nothing insentive to build a Sherman over a Jackson. Over-performance of Jackson is also due to you have to build it yes or yes, even more if you went Lieutenant first. Actually I'm using a lot Armor company so I can diversify my late game build. A M10 is enough vs medium and let me get faster Scott, then I can build a Jackson if needed.

This is something I have say since long but Jackson can never be balanced since it has to fill two distinct roles and with other AT source in support. In comparaison UKF can always field Atgun or a AEC to support its Firefly, or simply to build mines to protect its flank.

Sherman is more durable than most mediums because of its ability to self heal (I guess not durability but resilience maybe?) but all in all I don't disagree that every squad and it's dog having a snare is a bad design. They should be special not doled out to already versatile infantry.

Tbh when I saw the health buff I suggested swapping the m10 and Jackson instead of making the Jackson omnipotent harbinger of all things armoured as true m10 is now a mini Jackson but as y I are saying the cheaper m10 offers more options in vehicle choice (and HVAP helps when the cats ret big) and the old Jackson feels more like a doctrinal unit being somewhat niche. Strong in the right hands but shouldn't br forced... But alas we instead got a doctrinal m10 and a non doc super m10.
23 May 2018, 08:21 AM

Jackson is slightly more expensive than them now, so tell me, why would you try to kill a Tank Destroyer with a Tank?
i was just respoding to the claim "jackson does not counter p4 well" whilw it counters it quite welll
23 May 2018, 08:34 AM

Sherman is more durable than most mediums because of its ability to self heal (I guess not durability but resilience maybe?) but all in all I don't disagree that every squad and it's dog having a snare is a bad design. They should be special not doled out to already versatile infantry.

Tbh when I saw the health buff I suggested swapping the m10 and Jackson instead of making the Jackson omnipotent harbinger of all things armoured as true m10 is now a mini Jackson but as y I are saying the cheaper m10 offers more options in vehicle choice (and HVAP helps when the cats ret big) and the old Jackson feels more like a doctrinal unit being somewhat niche. Strong in the right hands but shouldn't br forced... But alas we instead got a doctrinal m10 and a non doc super m10.

Jumping out your crew to repair isn't going to save you in a middle of a flank manoeuvre. Remember superglue option has been nerfed to make sure it can't.
M10 can't do shit vs Panther and bigger tank or you need to build 3/4 of them. And even, we would see the same gang of players opening threads about how M10 is OP vs medium tanks so nerf it!!!!

i was just respoding to the claim "jackson does not counter p4 well" whilw it counters it quite welll

That's probably why Ostheer and OKW players spam Pz4 even more, because they know a jackson is going to hard counter them well. ^_^
23 May 2018, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 08:09 AMEsxile

So it has no chance when it hits the field. Vet is a reward, not a mandatory milestone you must achieve in order to have the unit relevant.

Units should be balanced even when vetted.

Having Panther gain 10% armor and SU-85 gain 30% penetration make no sense.

M36 hit the field earlier than most heavily armored axis vehicles and it could still to fine vs mediums. Simply removing the sight bonus is bad design (as it removing vet bonuses from other units also). It should be replaced by something else.

Vet abilities vet bonuses and XP values needed a look at for 4 years now.
23 May 2018, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 08:34 AMEsxile

That's probably why Ostheer and OKW players spam Pz4 even more, because they know a jackson is going to hard counter them well. ^_^
well please tell me what other generalist tank (or good tank) they have other than p4, why do soviet spam t 34, it must be because is op right ? pather is trash and if they got jackson that means they have AI on infatry so u need AI wich panther has almost 0, kt was good but they nerfed it with the "NERF BAT", jp4 is good but only vs medium tank, stug just got rightfully nerfed but they nerfed panther too (cause fuck reason)
so yes p4 is the last good ai unit they have (and the only generalist tank)
23 May 2018, 10:01 AM

well please tell me what other generalist tank (or good tank) they have other than p4, why do soviet spam t 34, it must be because is op right ? pather is trash and if they got jackson that means they have AI on infatry so u need AI wich panther has almost 0, kt was good but they nerfed it with the "NERF BAT", jp4 is good but only vs medium tank, stug just got rightfully nerfed but they nerfed panther too (cause fuck reason)
so yes p4 is the last good ai unit they have (and the only generalist tank)

Why wasn't they doing it before Jackson change? Why Tiger doctrines were overpicked? Jackson hardcountered Pz4 before Jackson change, it is not the case anymore so people have switch from Tiger to Pz4.

Now I have never mentioned anything about OPness, just saying Jackson isn't the go to counter Pz4, because:
1- it is much more expensive
2- It deal less damage vs Pz4 while having the same penetration rate than before.

Conclusion, I'm just stating Jackson is not the go to counter Pz4 (like it was before), nothing more, nothing less.
The only consideration about that is USF only has Jackson, so of course, you build some to counter Pz4 but doctrinal M10 is much better in that matter.
23 May 2018, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 10:01 AMEsxile

The only consideration about that is USF only has Jackson, so of course, you build some to counter Pz4 but doctrinal M10 is much better in that matter.

Imo that's the main flaw of WFA and Brits. They lack of 1 tier compare to Ostheer/Soviet faction. For example Soviet has su76 a light tank destroyer design to fight with medium/light armor and su85 to deal with better, stronger axis vehicules. Variety which gives much more possibilities.

USF has only one tank destroyer. It's hard to make a unit which will be good vs heavies and more mobile medium vehicules and not being opieOP.

Mistake in designing the factions
23 May 2018, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 10:01 AMEsxile

Why wasn't they doing it before Jackson change? Why Tiger doctrines were overpicked? Jackson hardcountered Pz4 before Jackson change, it is not the case anymore so people have switch from Tiger to Pz4.

Now I have never mentioned anything about OPness, just saying Jackson isn't the go to counter Pz4, because:
1- it is much more expensive
2- It deal less damage vs Pz4 while having the same penetration rate than before.

Conclusion, I'm just stating Jackson is not the go to counter Pz4 (like it was before), nothing more, nothing less.
before changes jackson would lose a 1 vs 1 vs p4 (at 45 range) thanks to faster realod and hp but would deal with it well at range now it does both and has no real counter strategy other than cath it off guard (faster than PG and at guns), u can compare it to the jp4: one only counter medium armor can be flanked has limited vision and is slow so a sole t 34 can kill it alone, not the same can be said for the jackson
23 May 2018, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I guess if LT tier would get AT gun, CPT tier an M10 designed to rekt medium armor (so fast RoF with low damage and pen in between the AT gun and Jackson) and Major the Jackson with lowered RoF but higher damage and pen, neither would be spammed.
23 May 2018, 11:59 AM

The numbers of vet 3 M36:

Penetration 286/228/312
Accuracy 0.065/0.059/0.046
Reload 2.98-3.38

The number for Stug vet 3:

Penetration 170/185/200
Accuracy 0.06/0.05/0.04
Reload 2.84-3.47
23 May 2018, 12:00 PM

before changes jackson would lose a 1 vs 1 vs p4 (at 45 range) thanks to faster realod and hp but would deal with it well at range now it does both and has no real counter strategy other than cath it off guard (faster than PG and at guns), u can compare it to the jp4:one only counter medium armor can be flanked has limited vision and is slow so a sole t 34 can kill it alone, not the same can be said for the jackson

??
23 May 2018, 12:02 PM

before changes jackson would lose a 1 vs 1 vs p4 (at 45 range) thanks to faster realod and hp but would deal with it well at range now it does both and has no real counter strategy other than cath it off guard (faster than PG and at guns), u can compare it to the jp4:one only counter medium armor can be flanked has limited vision and is slow so a sole t 34 can kill it alone, not the same can be said for the jackson

I find this post amusing, considering the fact, that P4 max range is 40.
23 May 2018, 12:43 PM

Yeah if m10 was in captain you’d either have to neuter it to hell or it’d just be hilariously op. New meta would be captain and a rushed m10 followed by another 1-3 m10s with paras or rangers and ending the game at like 12 minutes before they even have mediums, and all axis lights would be basically hardcountered.

Obviously there would be many stat changes to the M10 as well as teching price and building price adjustments. No shit just adding it to Captain tech would be OP.

Right now the M10 is more or less pointless being a doctrinal TD, tied to Major tech that is worse in pretty much every way compared to the Jackson.

A rework to make the M10 counter light vehicles and medium tanks while being tied to a lower tech (or multiple lower techs, such as building it from the Captain building but only once you’ve also bought the Lieutenant.)

This would allow the Jackson to become a TD that counters heavy tanks (high penetration and damage but a low rate of fire and long range) while the M10 has higher health, shorter range, less penetration but a higher rate of fire and better speed to allow it to out DPS a medium tank but not penetrate a heavy well enough to reliably counter it. Thus, Jackson doesn’t need to counter everything and Jackson and M10 can be counters with vehicle play if you pick the right type, without crippling US lategame.
23 May 2018, 14:27 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Sherman has great pen on its AP shells iirc. Don't recall the numbers but isn't it 140 close and something like 120 far? That's pretty great and again, I'm going off memory here but the AP shells also have an AOE of 2 (VS the regular 2.5 of multi purpose shells) so you are not trading so much AI for pretty solid AT. It might be interesting to see what knocking that AOE down a bit and seeing what elevated pen would look like (say give it TD AOE but like +20 pen on all ranges) then the Sherman could be the medium killer OR infantry killer but falls off VS combined arms approaches.

100/120/140
23 May 2018, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 12:02 PMKatitof

I find this post amusing, considering the fact, that P4 max range is 40.
old sight range jackson
23 May 2018, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 12:00 PMEsxile

??
?????
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %