Login

russian armor

Poll: should there even be a major balance patch right now?

23 Apr 2018, 04:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 03:27 AMTobis
There should be a vote option for there should be even bigger sweeping changes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The problem is relic likes to limit scope to much, which keeps bad faction design in place that can't be worked around.

Well, the problem with that is massive generalization of everything and stuff being only copies of each other with different skins.

All stock mortars+120mm+MHTs are dictionary examples of what I'm talking.

With modders balance philosophy, I am 90% that if they had no scope limit, all factions would end up completely bland, tasteless, different shade of the same grey mass as every single patch so far, while improving some things, always killed factions identity a bit and if you're going to have 5 almost identical factions, why have 5 at all?

Prime example? OKW vs Ost.
23 Apr 2018, 05:20 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 04:52 AMKatitof

Well, the problem with that is massive generalization of everything and stuff being only copies of each other with different skins.

All stock mortars+120mm+MHTs are dictionary examples of what I'm talking.

With modders balance philosophy, I am 90% that if they had no scope limit, all factions would end up completely bland, tasteless, different shade of the same grey mass as every single patch so far, while improving some things, always killed factions identity a bit and if you're going to have 5 almost identical factions, why have 5 at all?

Prime example? OKW vs Ost.

Or Relic could have created the factions with their essential tools in the first place. You really want to go back to an OKW with no anti garrison tools, no stock mg (kubel lol), no stock medium tank, and schreck blobs to compensate?
23 Apr 2018, 07:18 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2018, 22:09 PMA_E
See title.

I'm personally of the belief that the balance in this game is great right now, and am super scared by the size and effect of the proposed Spring Balance Patch changes. However I'm very intrigued whether I'm in a minority or a majority, please help by voting :)

i stated once before that i think somewhat the same like you, that there should be just some "finesse" patch.

Give Ostwind Love, Soviet Sniper, Hold the Line bugfix, house bug, zis gun bug.

Maybe little tweaks here and there like the command p4 aura but the rest is pretty nice
23 Apr 2018, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 05:20 AMTobis

Or Relic could have created the factions with their essential tools in the first place. You really want to go back to an OKW with no anti garrison tools, no stock mg (kubel lol), no stock medium tank, and schreck blobs to compensate?

I actually did like OKW not having a stock MG. Luftwaffe is meta again anyway, and the 1CP MG34 was available faster and was called in instantly.
23 Apr 2018, 09:21 AM

Permanently Banned
Patch need coz game stagnated. Some changes are good or not bad, some dont needed. Also problem for this patch are motivation of changes. Why unit A get changes if we have same unit B. Scope is the same problem, if there will be not patch for coh ? what the reason make this, if game just get different problems ?
Hope bugs will be fixed.
23 Apr 2018, 10:01 AM

A small patch with a few small changes would be sufficient imo.

I don't like the idea that right before (one of) the biggest tourney in coh2 ever, the players have to adapt again completely.

Just a few bug fixes and maybe small balance changes would be sufficient, the game is better now than it ever was.
23 Apr 2018, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 05:20 AMTobis

There is a difference between having tools or not and having all the exact same tools(latest mortar changes, WTF PACK howi??).

All factions should have different tool kits, but at the end should be able to achieve same goals with their own unique tools, the moment that goes away, whole asymmetry between factions dies.

It does feels like in next patch all med tanks will have same stats and in following, all weapon teams and infantry will be exact copies of each other, following examples of snipers, mortars, ATGs and making TDs copies of each other with different active abilities.
23 Apr 2018, 14:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 03:27 AMTobis
There should be a vote option for there should be even bigger sweeping changes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The problem is relic likes to limit scope to much, which keeps bad faction design in place that can't be worked around.

Basically this. It feels like there are changes we aren't seeing that would justify a lot of these meta changes.
23 Apr 2018, 14:56 PM

Balancing an existing game is one thing.

Redesigning it is another.

Half-steps into both still aren't a great idea.
24 Apr 2018, 17:00 PM
Benefactor 115

I voted some key changes. I am curious as to who the author of the patch is. Is this Mr. Smith (and team's) work?

If it's Mr Smith's work, then I am more accepting of the proposed changes. I think we can all agree that looking back and in general, he and the rest of the people who worked on the last balance previews did a fantastic job.
25 Apr 2018, 12:11 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2018, 22:27 PMCruzz
I definitely want a patch to remove squad AI and the building dances. Some adjustments to indirect fire would be nice too. Doesn't need to do anything else really.

This. The squad ai was a nice idea but it causes too many problems and renders squads sometimes almost unresponsive.
25 Apr 2018, 13:23 PM

+1 to Siddolio. I don't like some of the changes in the balance patch, but still want a patch of equal scale and effect. I have a feeling that most of the things I don't like will most likely get tweaked or removed so I'm okay with the scale. If anything the Relic Scope monster continues to disappoint for me when it comes to fixing some Commanders/Units *cough cough* Elite Armor and Artillery Regiment.
25 Apr 2018, 14:31 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 02:57 AMTric

Either way the big changes that need to happen are squad spacing. Indirect shouldn't need as adjusted as it is. The easiest and best change, imo, is that indirect fire should only be able to kill 2 models MAXIMUM of a full health squad, much like the change that happened to mines some time ago, I still really don't get why this hasn't been changed as I feel its a pretty safe and straight forward fix.

Preach. I did this is in my mods and such a simple change makes an incredible difference, so much less frustrating RNG and more room for actual calculation of engagements. In particular, it's a huge buff to 4 man survivability who otherwise can easily get one shot. (where as 5 & 6 man squads rarely get 1 shot.)
25 Apr 2018, 15:27 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Preach. I did this is in my mods and such a simple change makes an incredible difference, so much less frustrating RNG and more room for actual calculation of engagements. In particular, it's a huge buff to 4 man survivability who otherwise can easily get one shot. (where as 5 & 6 man squads rarely get 1 shot.)

Ever tried GGmod? I heard this guy made this mod where he implemented explosives changes and it removed about 90% of the games cheese in 1 mod. :new:
25 Apr 2018, 15:39 PM

Ever tried GGmod? I heard this guy made this mod where he implemented explosives changes and it removed about 90% of the games cheese in 1 mod. :new:

Nah, that guy has no clue what he is doing, so very balance biased.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★