Login

russian armor

Poll: should there even be a major balance patch right now?

Should there even be a major balance patch right now?
Option Distribution Votes
2%
52%
20%
26%
Total votes: 118
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
A_E
22 Apr 2018, 22:09 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

See title.

I'm personally of the belief that the balance in this game is great right now, and am super scared by the size and effect of the proposed Spring Balance Patch changes. However I'm very intrigued whether I'm in a minority or a majority, please help by voting :)
22 Apr 2018, 22:14 PM

I don't like the changes in the balance patch, but still want a patch of equal scale and effect.

Should probably be more like I dont like some of the changes in the balance patch.

Most people are finding issue with the exact same things and those things are probably going to be removed anyway
22 Apr 2018, 22:14 PM
Patrion 26

Absolutely. I was incredibly happy to get the last patch, especially as it improved so many commanders. It was the perfect example of how good a community patch can be.

The patch notes for this upcoming patch make me hope it never gets released. It will cause problems and change things that don't need to be changed.
A_E
22 Apr 2018, 22:15 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I don't like the changes in the balance patch, but still want a patch of equal scale and effect.

Should probably be more like I dont like some of the changes in the balance patch.

Most people are finding issue with the exact same things and those things are probably going to be removed anyway

Can change it to "some" sure. However I'm trying to gauge whether it's something people actually want right now.
22 Apr 2018, 22:17 PM

There some really really good changes in this patch.
Like the changes to snipers and their counters.
But there are also many changes where I am asking myself, why are they changing this.
22 Apr 2018, 22:27 PM

I definitely want a patch to remove squad AI and the building dances. Some adjustments to indirect fire would be nice too. Doesn't need to do anything else really.
22 Apr 2018, 22:29 PM

I like the mortar changes, the sniper received accuracy nerfs and the fixes to OKW's teching. I'd like to see USF's teching sorted out and maybe a few slight buffs to underperforming units.

Not keen on the kicking UKF in the teeth part of the patch.
22 Apr 2018, 22:44 PM

I dislike the amount of major changes without even having a balance preview mod.
Especially following changes should be reviewed beforehand:
- PackHowitzer change
- LeiG change
- Sniper
- Panther
- Jackson
- PPSh
- Katyusha
- British Infantry/-Upgrades

And then we have a bunch of nerfs that seem rather odd to me - the Katyusha nerf being the most prominent example, but also Centaur, M2, Sturmtiger/AVRE, TankHunters and PTRS.
22 Apr 2018, 22:51 PM

They are reviewing the changes. Previous patches have had several iterations before they go live.
22 Apr 2018, 22:52 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2018, 22:27 PMCruzz
I definitely want a patch to remove squad AI and the building dances. Some adjustments to indirect fire would be nice too. Doesn't need to do anything else really.

+1 This and nothing more is exactly what we need changed.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2018, 22:51 PMLago
They are reviewing the changes. Previous patches have had several iterations before they go live.

The difference is that in case of previous patches most of us could agree with most of the changes in the initial notes, the rest was just fine tuning. Right now, community seems to disagree with ballance team even when it comes to the size and scope of the changes. Most of the changes are actually considered harmful for the game. So no, this is not the same situation.
22 Apr 2018, 22:59 PM

DBP had massive overhauls added from iteration to iteration. The total UKF emplacement rework was 1.3.
22 Apr 2018, 23:05 PM

Whats needed imo: Squad AI - sniper changes (If you're defending 2 man sov sniper i can give you a mouthbasket on the house) - OKW hits pop cap too fast - im ok with small nerf to SU76, brumbar and jackson - Im ok with some other minor changes like moving guards to 3cp so they can't be relied upon to counter all axis early vehicle play, and small buff to 222 to make it viable.

22 Apr 2018, 23:07 PM

There are some other changes im fine with, but most of them seems completely unnecessary. PS. fix the zis gun bug.
22 Apr 2018, 23:38 PM

Yes, it needs to happen and the scope of the changes is good.

CoH2 is by no means a perfect game; there are still glaringly OP/UP units and strategies that need to be ironed out. This patch seems to address a good amount of them (but not all), and will hopefully move the game closer to being 'fully balanced'.

That said, I would guess that we'll need at least 2-3 more patches after this one to address everything, including likely over-performing stuff added by this patch (it's likely that the 222 meta will be back).
22 Apr 2018, 23:40 PM

I want a big patch so it feels like a new game again and new things to abuse.
23 Apr 2018, 00:32 AM
Donator 11

Honestly we are going to be stuck with CoH2 till 2020 so we might as well make the most of it.

The balance patch itself has a lot of weird changes in it but I don't necessarily mind its scale/or scope. The problem I have is that Relic's approach to balancing (or their Scope) always seems short sighted while the community (and the community patch creators) have have a larger scope that they'd like to take it.

As it stands the patch feels off there are a few changes that look promising (mortars).
23 Apr 2018, 01:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2018, 00:32 AMMittens
Honestly we are going to be stuck with CoH2 till 2020 so we might as well make the most of it.

The balance patch itself has a lot of weird changes in it but I don't necessarily mind its scale/or scope. The problem I have is that Relic's approach to balancing (or their Scope) always seems short sighted while the community (and the community patch creators) have have a larger scope that they'd like to take it.

As it stands the patch feels off there are a few changes that look promising (mortars).

Nah, Iron Harvest comes out next year
23 Apr 2018, 02:57 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I believe I would agree with the "not as much as they are trying to do" if we weren't terrified that each patch could potentially be our last.

Either way the big changes that need to happen are squad spacing. Indirect shouldn't need as adjusted as it is. The easiest and best change, imo, is that indirect fire should only be able to kill 2 models MAXIMUM of a full health squad, much like the change that happened to mines some time ago, I still really don't get why this hasn't been changed as I feel its a pretty safe and straight forward fix.

Would require players to use smoke more, and it would punish potato's that just sat in a barrage just the same as right now. Current state of indirect fire can potentially win engagements randomly by dropping 3+ models at a time out of nowhere with no chance to react.

But that's just my two cents. Good steps in the right direction overall.
23 Apr 2018, 03:14 AM

Firstly, long time reader, first time poster. Lol

Secondly, I believe that many of the proposed changes are overkill. Sniper vs sniper play is what ruined vCoH for meback in the day, and I think the Soviet-Wher-UK sniper situation is interesting to counter play because it is asymmetrical. Buffing sniper counters is good to that end, but the massive changes to the Soviet sniper are not. A counter snipe should not be the go-to way to deal with a sniper as that will hurt factions that don’t have one; ie, US and OKW. This could result in high level play being dominated by Soviet vs Wher matches because of their superior counter sniping ability much like vCoH tournaments being almost exclusively US vs Wher sniper fights. Look up some of the old SNF matches with Ami and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Thirdly, too long, didn’t read. FNG..... ;)
23 Apr 2018, 03:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

There should be a vote option for there should be even bigger sweeping changes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The problem is relic likes to limit scope to much, which keeps bad faction design in place that can't be worked around.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 6
unknown 8
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %