Login

russian armor

Balance 2018 2vs2

PAGES (9)down
10 Apr 2018, 11:55 AM
Donator 11

I mean logically their would have to be adjustments to the Bren and Bar if they could only equip one. If they are left as is atm then they would be underpowered upgrades

I don't understand the point of nerfing bar/bren if we simply want to keep the damage the same, its rather redundant tbh.

Why would we nerf allied infantry when the Rifle section already loses to a Gren squad in almost all engagements outside of medium range with double bren.

Rifle squads are squishy as hell and the 5th man drops as you close to medium range anyways + you'll lose effectiveness as he drops+your weapons aren't as good at long range as gren.

Honestly if these people wanna look at good versatility and effectiveness as a basic mainline unit, idk why we haven't looked into the volks STGs, with free tech nades, long range, and close range upgrade on par if not better than double bar.
10 Apr 2018, 12:21 PM

The only infiltration squad with bundle grenades is Stormtroopers.

Bundle grenades are identical to gammon bombs.

Also bundle grenades have actually been nerfed recently not buffed he same time gammon bombs got nerfed.
10 Apr 2018, 12:23 PM

i got trouble OKW volks blob with officer making one of my powerful units retreat and they get bonus accurance
10 Apr 2018, 12:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 11:55 AMMittens

Honestly if these people wanna look at good versatility and effectiveness as a basic mainline unit, idk why we haven't looked into the volks STGs, with free tech nades, long range, and close range upgrade on par if not better than double bar.

Can we stop using the "free tech nades" argument? There is thread about the "free" things and allied faction get "free" things also.
10 Apr 2018, 12:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 11:23 AMWiking
If you want to take away double upgrade, then take away the need to upgrade weapons rack and just allow squad upgrade the weapon in the field just for muni, just like ANY other Axis infantry

The weapon racks are still a benefit in that they're open to any squad you possess. Replacing them with on-field munition upgrades would fill up upgrade bars very quickly.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 09:35 AMKasarov
In that sense, one would have to comb through all infantry squads to reduce their slots. Don't forget that Grens can pick up another MG42, Obers another MG34, Sappers another Bren if they are lucky. Simply tuning the weapon racks to have a requirement of the purchasing squad not having the weapon would be a much easier solution, both in implementation and in explanation (to defeat the scope monster)

Easier to implement, yes. But it'd be yet another hidden rule. The game needs fewer of those, not more. It already has far too many.

If there's a need to put in even more case by case weapon pickup restrictions then the current system isn't fit for purpose. One slot for everyone and any upgrade taking up that slot is much clearer to the user: if it's got a silhouette it's upgraded and that silhouette accurately shows what it's carrying.

I mean logically their would have to be adjustments to the Bren and Bar if they could only equip one. If they are left as is atm then they would be underpowered upgrades

Yeah, you'd probably need to tweak things around a bit. I can't see it being harder to balance than both single and double BAR though.
10 Apr 2018, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 11:55 AMMittens

I don't understand the point of nerfing bar/bren if we simply want to keep the damage the same, its rather redundant tbh.

Why would we nerf allied infantry when the Rifle section already loses to a Gren squad in almost all engagements outside of medium range with double bren.

Rifle squads are squishy as hell and the 5th man drops as you close to medium range anyways + you'll lose effectiveness as he drops+your weapons aren't as good at long range as gren.

Double Bar Riflemen rape LMG Grens at anything but max range. STG Volks are not up to the task of fighting any Allied infantry other than conscripts without PPSH. They are still ok but dont scale well anymore. Your post seems very biased.

10 Apr 2018, 12:30 PM

Double Bar Riflemen rape LMG Grens at anything but max range. STG Volks are not up to the task of fighting any Allied infantry other than conscripts without PPSH. They are still ok but dont scale well anymore. Your post seems very biased.

4 or 5 volks with stgs vetted with officer unstoptable to USF
10 Apr 2018, 12:36 PM

4 or 5 volks with stgs vetted with officer unstoptable to USF

That´s complete and utter non-sense... 5 Volks are stoppable by getting 5 Riflemen...Thats all you have to do lol
10 Apr 2018, 12:37 PM

That´s complete and utter non-sense... 5 Volks are stoppable by getting 5 Riflemen...Thats all you have to do lol

Nop if they use their unlock free tech flamnade.
10 Apr 2018, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 12:37 PMEsxile

Nop if they use their unlock free tech flamnade.

They will if they are support with free tech Lt.
10 Apr 2018, 13:21 PM

The flame grenade on the Volksgrenadier isn't locked behind tech. The Panzerfaust is.
10 Apr 2018, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 13:21 PMLago
The flame grenade on the Volksgrenadier isn't locked behind tech. The Panzerfaust is.

So? What does that matter in a regular fight between Volks and Riflemen?
10 Apr 2018, 13:24 PM

The only reason to ever have 5 rifles on field is if both of your officers are dead and you really do not want to get them back.
10 Apr 2018, 13:32 PM

So? What does that matter in a regular fight between Volks and Riflemen?

People keep calling it a "free tech grenade" and I feel pedantic today.
10 Apr 2018, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 13:32 PMLago

People keep calling it a "free tech grenade" and I feel pedantic today.

I'd rather not open that can of worms again - it doesn't really matter what it is defined as.
10 Apr 2018, 13:42 PM

It does when that can of worms is already open. We've got people arguing a 6v5 infantry fight is a 5v5 because one of the squads is "free."

10 Apr 2018, 14:04 PM

i have done it and they get like 2 or 3 cheap and fast mg 34s and when i get mg they just smoke it with leig and when io try to smoke it he bring other mgs with the huge vetted blob
10 Apr 2018, 14:40 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 08:57 AMEsxile

Except I didn't say play Allied if you don't want to deal with better scaling infantry. I say if you want to play scaling infantry instead of elite infantry, play Allied.

Riflemen 1BAR are not equal to an infantry that cost less, deal better damage and have access to free unlock grenades. And then you don't answer the question, what do they do vs elite infantry?

My point still stands because scaling infantry > reset vet on elites. You can test the single BAR vs infantry squads in cheatmods if you don't believe me. Free unlock is a cop out in this arguement. I could say the same about free squads, or more starting resources, or cheaper teching for brits.

That's the problem as i've stated before. You cannot have 1 side have good scaling infantry while the other is forced to reset their vet and get elites. This game is based on veterancy and retreat, so the player with the better vet units will have the advantage.
PAGES (9)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS