Login

russian armor

20% reinforce cost increase

Vaz
3 Nov 2017, 00:07 AM

I think this change is a bit too much, if I'm understanding it correctly. So when the OKW use the forward reinforcement truck, all their reinforcements will cost 20% more. It's a global change too, so if they reinforce at their base and the ability is on, then they will pay the penalty price. I don't agree with this direction. At least make the penalty occur only from reinforcing from the truck.
3 Nov 2017, 00:41 AM

Holy crap it is indeed a global change. Just confirmed ingame.

Even units in your HQ have the penalty. I was thinking it was just from the FHQ.

Kek.
3 Nov 2017, 00:53 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Global maybe too much. Perhaps an Aura effect around the HQ in order to prevent base reinforcements for receiving this effect as well?
3 Nov 2017, 01:30 AM

Dayum how am I supposed to pull off the glorious "blob, retreat and repeat" teamgame strategy now that exists in this game since WFA release :(

3 Nov 2017, 07:58 AM

Only allies FRP is ok apparently...
3 Nov 2017, 08:32 AM

For the record, I do not play okw or team games so this has No effect on me. I fully support some kind of change to FRP to make it a tactical decision and not the brainless set and forget feature it is at the moment.

The 20% increase should only apply to unis in the field. Period.

Such a no brainer.
3 Nov 2017, 09:18 AM

Even captured halftracks hand out the reinforcement penalty. I noticed this yesterday.
3 Nov 2017, 09:19 AM

This is a rather over complicated solution. Simply apply a 5%-10% cost penalty for units reinforcing from a FRP.

(alternatively allow FRP only in sectors bordering the base)
3 Nov 2017, 09:33 AM

Cant you just deactive the retreat point once your blob has retreated..
3 Nov 2017, 10:00 AM

Global maybe too much. Perhaps an Aura effect around the HQ in order to prevent base reinforcements for receiving this effect as well?

This wont work.
People will just put their ambulance a bit further from their major amd it will change nothing.

To avoid the penalty, just deactivate the frp once your army has finished retreating, and the penalty is gone.
The cooldown is so that you can't do this non-stop.
3 Nov 2017, 10:28 AM

Cant you just deactive the retreat point once your blob has retreated..

This doesn't work because it has a large cooldown.
3 Nov 2017, 10:30 AM

This wont work.
People will just put their ambulance a bit further from their major amd it will change nothing.

To avoid the penalty, just deactivate the frp once your army has finished retreating, and the penalty is gone.

Does penalties affect allies FRP too ?
3 Nov 2017, 10:52 AM

I do not get why there is increased reinforcement cost in the first place. The only thing it does is increasing bleed. Bleed is not a problem, the fact that units you have forced to retreat return to the field too fast, negating tactical play.

So, instead of increased reinforcement costs, why not just simply increase the time of reinforcement...? It has the same effect as delaying retreated units to return to the field, effecting you more if you loose a lot of models, but it still does give you an advantage of performing semi-hard retreats.
3 Nov 2017, 11:56 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I do not get why there is increased reinforcement cost in the first place. The only thing it does is increasing bleed. Bleed is not a problem, the fact that units you have forced to retreat return to the field too fast, negating tactical play.

So, instead of increased reinforcement costs, why not just simply increase the time of reinforcement...? It has the same effect as delaying retreated units to return to the field, effecting you more if you loose a lot of models, but it still does give you an advantage of performing semi-hard retreats.

The increase bleed would make it hard to keep blinding charge forward. Your idea of increase reinforce time is unique. I would not mind seeing a test version to evaluate the two.
3 Nov 2017, 12:00 PM

This won't work.

how about a sector one where all but base sector are affected ?
or make an aura around base where they get 20% reduce reinforce cost when frp is active
3 Nov 2017, 12:08 PM

Does penalties affect allies FRP too ?

It affects all FRP factions; UKF, USF and OKW. You are right, though, that this isn't phrased properly at the notes and that can lead to wrong conclusions.

how about a sector one where all but base sector are affected ?

There is no way to implement area-restricted penalties properly. That is, unless you don't care whether me or CptPrice start abusing the system to gain infinite manpower.

The trade-off we want players to decide on is whether they want to have:
- Have higher bleed
- Or, turn off their FRP from time to time

You can completely avoid the MP bleed aspect of FRP by cancelling your FRP after every retreat. You're just going to have a long cooldown until you can do a bleed-free retreat.

That might actually work. I guess reinforcement-time trade-off makes more sense, since it affects the main "resource" (aka, downtime). Thanks.

3 Nov 2017, 12:28 PM

nice idea...but since brits are in the game...the bleed is horrible on the forward base...because u get so much indirect fire on your troops...its BS.

forward base is often a shot in the own feet...
3 Nov 2017, 12:37 PM

I would prefer this. I really like that you're trying to tackle FRPs, but I am not a fan of increased reinforcement cost - I think it would be a bitch to balance across maps/modes/playstyles.
3 Nov 2017, 12:55 PM
Patrion 14

+1. This is a nice idea.
Vaz
3 Nov 2017, 13:52 PM

I could deal with increased reinforcement time way better than cost as well. I think it would also serve the intended purpose of the cost increase better as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★