Login

russian armor

DBP Commander Rework

2 Nov 2017, 22:53 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Its time to choose your Commanders Girls and Boys :)

Pls use this Survey to give feedback to Relic.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/coh2revamp

"These commanders were chosen because they are the least played commanders"
2 Nov 2017, 22:59 PM

Hey Sturmpanther, can you link the source to this kind of stuff in the future please? Would be much appreciated.
2 Nov 2017, 23:02 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hey Sturmpanther, can you link the source to this kind of stuff in the future please? Would be much appreciated.

Hard to do, because its so new, that you can't find it yet on the offical forum :/

Normally, when i have the source from the offical forum i link it ofc.
2 Nov 2017, 23:05 PM

Hard to do, because its so new, that you can't find it yet on the offical forum :/

Normally, when i have the source from the offical forum i link it ofc.

Alright, disregard what I said then :D
2 Nov 2017, 23:20 PM

Lelic pls... changing 1 or 2 doctrines per faction isnt a solution, like 80% of doctrine abilities must be changed :snfBarton:

Or i suggest to make 8 doctrines per faction in which each has something useful, that would result in some ostheer/soviet doctrines removal but i think people could deal with it
2 Nov 2017, 23:42 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Well you know how Relic/ Sega works.

Small stepps.

So let's see how this is going on.
2 Nov 2017, 23:52 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Because people asking in the SB:

Updating my post
3 Nov 2017, 00:04 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

How is Soviet counterattack a "least played"? Arugeably the 2nd strongest doctrine for soviets.
3 Nov 2017, 00:24 AM

How is Soviet counterattack a "least played"? Arugeably the 2nd strongest doctrine for soviets.

Because B4 sucks compared to ML these days and KV1 is manpower heavy? FMR is my favorite part of that doc in current state.
3 Nov 2017, 00:25 AM

Add penal nerfs, and Mother russia nerfs, and see if anybody ever picks that commander again.
3 Nov 2017, 00:33 AM

Personally I value commanders that actually make a faction play differently or add unique touches. I dislike commanders like Lightning warfare that literally give you everything you ever want. I think Commanders like Encirclement are how they should be designed.

USF
For USF I said Airborne. Airborne was my favorite in CoH1. That commander is so close to actually being viable it's aggrivating, just minor touches would actually make it an awesome and unique commander to use (Adjusting CP costs, munition costs, paratrooper delay, ect).

Brits
I voted Commando. Brits should have a commander that emphasizes offensive play rather then defensive. The commander has some good "ideas" but they don't work out quite right. Smoke Raid SHOULD be good, but I often find it helps my enemy more then myself, that and smoking the front of a sector doesn't do anything cuz who would park right outside a sector. Assault SHOULD be good, but it only works on infantry sections. Commandos SHOULD be good, but they come in on a 500 4CP glider. Yet again, little touches here and there can fix it.

I mean other then that royal engineer could use work, I mean people are already mad there are more turtle commanders do you really want to add more turtle commanders?

Ostheer
I would vote for Mechanized Assault(obvious right?) to get more fine tuning (Agrens, halftrack cost reduction, Stug E reduced CP) since yet again it encourages a new way to play Ostheer with different units. That's not going to happen though because it's technically still a good commander.

So I voted for Festung Support. That commander has some unique things that other Ostheer commanders don't. Air dropped smoke and sector artillery could both be really good abilities. But the rest kind of seem just....thrown in there. Seems like a mish mash of ideas bogging down some unique commander abilities.

OKW

Probably like, the least commander dependent faction. I voted Luftwaffe because like....my god the only good things are like luftwaffe and air recon. The Stuka strafe doesn't do anything, I've sat in it and I can't tell you what it's actually supposed to do. Then I casually grenade a landing luftwaffe squad. Then it has tank traps and AA guns for some reason? Valiant assault is alright, doesn't seem very Luftwaffe to me though.

Soviets
Release not one step back. Mother Russia could be fun, I said Tank Hunters since it adds a bunch of fun tools.
3 Nov 2017, 00:39 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Add penal nerfs, and Mother russia nerfs, and see if anybody ever picks that commander again.

If for mother russia is nerfed it's not in the notes. Unless you plan to nerf if that commander is selected?
3 Nov 2017, 00:53 AM
Donator 11

The info about this survey was first posted on official facebook page of company of heroes.
3 Nov 2017, 01:33 AM

I agree with barton, most of the problems are that there are so many abilities that just aren't worth it

The abilities or units are generally a, b or c
a. not better than other units or abilities cost for cost
b. do the same thing as default units or abilities, about as well so they aren't worth using your commander for
c. do something more efficiently and are therefore meta and picked every game then nerfed because of it

They should all be good and worth picking
3 Nov 2017, 03:26 AM

Joint Ops will always have my heart. Cuz I beat some famous COH1 player in 1v1 with it once, his name started with an "S" and I can't remember anything else. It's on here somewhere. It was really viable circa 2014.

Wrote delete brit mortar. Still don't own Brits, and won't until free.

Feursturm cuz I think that's the goofy one with flame pios noobs always pick with the crappy Hetzer, but I can't really remember.

Recon because that light vehicle could use some love.

D3d game f4ever.

Honestly, Barton is right, combine and adjust some of the more OP arty call-ins, adjust mark target and stuff like that and reduce it to like 8 commanders people would use anyway. There was never a need for so many commanders, except, ahem, uh, to make money.

We should get like 3 more commanders with FHQs though, because noobs love FHQs in 4v4. And those "green" T-34s we were promised and never got in that unreleased Soviet commander. That was hilarious in beta. People were just like "WTF IS THIS WHY AREN'T THEY SHOOTING AND JUST RAMMING MY TANKS."

I really mostly just want a Sov commander with a powerful ram so I can play Tiger Ram 2 the way it was played in 2013.

3 Nov 2017, 06:16 AM

Wtf Relic... Salvage and Rifle Company? I thought the idea was to pick underused commanders lol
3 Nov 2017, 07:47 AM
Senior Referee Badge

I'm not sure what to do. Do i go the fun way, and really pick the commanders that are bad. Or do i go the smart way, and pick the commanders that have a lot of abilities that could use some rework bcs they are freaking op, or bad.
What are you guys doing?
3 Nov 2017, 07:59 AM

I'm not sure what to do. Do i go the fun way, and really pick the commanders that are bad. Or do i go the smart way, and pick the commanders that have a lot of abilities that could use some rework bcs they are freaking op, or bad.
What are you guys doing?

Do what you feel is right. No one can answer your dilema except you. If someone else makes the decision for you, you won't be happy.

No worries mate, after all your vote will probably be irrelevant in the huge amount of them :D
3 Nov 2017, 08:00 AM

Its time to choose your Commanders Girls and Boys :)

Pls use this Survey to give feedback to Relic.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/coh2revamp

"These commanders were chosen because they are the least played commanders"

Can you pin and colour the thread so no one will miss the change to vote ?
3 Nov 2017, 14:34 PM

Personally I value commanders that actually make a faction play differently or add unique touches. I dislike commanders like Lightning warfare that literally give you everything you ever want. I think Commanders like Encirclement are how they should be designed.

This guy gets it.

Though, I'd augment that that a faction needs enough commanders to cover all desired roles. For instance, the powerhouse commander in live game is Lightning War. It's OK if OST gets a commander that also covers a more defense-oriented style too.

For Brits, Artillery would have been the obvious rework, but Brits already have good camping commanders.

Ostheer
I would vote for Mechanized Assault(obvious right?) to get more fine tuning (Agrens, halftrack cost reduction, Stug E reduced CP) since yet again it encourages a new way to play Ostheer with different units. That's not going to happen though because it's technically still a good commander.

So I voted for Festung Support. That commander has some unique things that other Ostheer commanders don't. Air dropped smoke and sector artillery could both be really good abilities. But the rest kind of seem just....thrown in there. Seems like a mish mash of ideas bogging down some unique commander abilities.

Are you referring to the survey link? I can't see either Mechanized Assault or Festung Support as options in the survey. I would have also liked to choose bothof them (which would have also fixed Mechanized Infantry). Mechanized Assault might completely vanish from meta due to T3/T4 changes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★