Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
8 Dec 2017, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2017, 10:49 AMNubb3r
About callin tanks: What's wrong with slapping a hefty premium on them unless a certain tech level is reached? (EDIT: like 50% or something)

Isn't this the best of both worlds?

You can decide to do a one trick pony and not tech, but calling in a pershing/cmdpanther/tiger and paying the premium would mean you aren't teching anything else any time soon so it's a huge risk to not tech. As of right now, cutting corners and relying on call-ins just isn't risky at all. The call in cooldowns that are being made higher don't adress that at all, unless we are talking about very low priced call ins like the M10 Wolverine or Stug-E.

An alternative to that would be to put the units into the tech by "unlocking" them in those tiers and build them.
To be honest, I like the way how instant call ins work, so I'd rather have the "premium price unless tech-X" option. Are there any caveats with this that I'm not thinking about?

This was already rejected in FBP, and we would have to revert that change anyway. Having said that, I wasn't keen on re-implementing the same system for the 15th time in 12 months.

Thus, call-ins are now completely tied to tech, there are no unknown variables, everything is straightforward and everybody is happy.
8 Dec 2017, 15:19 PM

T-34/85 don't come in howitzer doctrines.

... Which still doesn't give KV1 any special purpose ;) It's not fast operating medium, nor heavy hitting medium, nor even a damage sponge, nor sluggish heavy tank.

Why would I pick 1 KV1 over almost 2 T34/76 or over T34/85? If the answer (for 85) is "howizter" I consider this as a very bad answe becasue, like I said, KV1 still has no purpose in current state.
8 Dec 2017, 16:19 PM

Something Else to consider with the KV1 is its very low MG damage. It does between 2.3 and 6 dps with its coaxial/rear mg(they are the same). the t34 does between 7.7 and 17 dps with its hull/Coaxial mgs.

A t34 running up to a squad does 34 dps at range 10, a kv1 does 6 dps, this is quite a difference. (ofc the kv1 can shoot behind it to do 6dps as well but 34 to 12 is still massive.)

With lower mobility it is not great vs armor. With limited MG damage it is not great vs infantry.
8 Dec 2017, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2017, 11:29 AMEsxile

So good I have see yesterday a full life volksquad entering in its range from far and crawling till lavanade range while suffering only 1 or 2 model lost but no pin.

AAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

With 50 cal dps ? What are you smoking ?

Maybe even with vickers LUL XD ?

8 Dec 2017, 17:02 PM

This was already rejected in FBP, and we would have to revert that change anyway. Having said that, I wasn't keen on re-implementing the same system for the 15th time in 12 months.

Thus, call-ins are now completely tied to tech, there are no unknown variables, everything is straightforward and everybody is happy.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm happy about the state of affairs concerning call ins and the way it was adressed right now, after reading that.

Would you care to elaborate why the price premium didn't have the desired effects? Just asking because I thought it was the best/right move.
8 Dec 2017, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2017, 17:02 PMNubb3r

Thanks for clarifying. I'm happy about the state of affairs concerning call ins and the way it was adressed right now, after reading that.

Would you care to elaborate why the price premium didn't have the desired effects? Just asking because I thought it was the best/right move.

Because people didn't vote for them. Thus, you should ask the people that voted them out; not us.

8 Dec 2017, 17:09 PM

People that voted them out, what were arguments that were made against it?
8 Dec 2017, 18:25 PM

Which commanders/abilities do you have in mind?

T-34/85 don't come in howitzer doctrines.
for starter the at ambush
8 Dec 2017, 20:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Jaeger Infantry Doctrine
Artilery barrage are little broken, first of all, what time after flayers bombs arrive compared to another arty ? Coz i find that its not EZ to escape for at guns and hmg.
Why KD are so small ? you can use its 2 times at one attack ?
I dont know, but that limit Panzergrenadier Command Squad are look good, its good idea with limit, but untis and his stats looks not good. 300 MP its to cheap compared to unit stats.
And ye, gren blob with g43 rape cons, no its even more EZ spam grens and spam p4.
Also, why kv-2 still in 14 cp ?
9 Dec 2017, 05:47 AM

Some anecdotal impressions from a few matches.

Stuff I wasn't sure about:

Hetzer still feels incredibly underwhelming. What's its intended role? I wouldn't want it to be a crocodile, but it does currently seem to require a completely static target to have any hope of doing damage, in which case I can't see any reason to use it over the other plentiful flame options. I enjoyed the rest of the commander though.

Airborne Assault seemed to be very confused. Most of the time it would just shoot the ground in the center of the circle despite complete line of sight on 2 KV-1s. Then it shot a KV-1 that was in the fog of war (possibly exposed by infrared truck) and might not have even been in the circle. Has anyone else found it to be weird?

Guard Rifle Combined Arms Tactics was pretty full-on to fight against. I definitely expect people to use it in future. I only played against them once, but KV-1s were formidable. My Panther and JP4 shots just kept bouncing, and I don't think armour changes are even part of this patch. Snares and flanking look like a must for tackling them.

Recon Support felt flexible, but boy does it require a serious ammo income.

Stuff I Loved:

The Le.ig feels potent now. The smoke barrage was very rewarding in my push against a VP.

Building exit times are definitely in a sweet spot. Slow enough to make me panic when a grenade or artillery shell is coming, but fast enough that it feels responsive.

Love the Falls paradrop change. Infiltration wasn't just cheesy, it was also way too situational. The risk/reward factors are great now, along with a more accessible cost for their squishiness.

So glad volksgrenadier flame nades now have a timer.

Volksgrenadier Assault Upgrade does a good job of being better than regular infantry, but countered by elite infantry. Valuable without being an autoclick.

KT nerfs against infantry are definitely noticeable, as is improved spacing for Ostheer infantry.

I was definitely always trying to weigh the cost/benefit of a FRP.
9 Dec 2017, 06:05 AM
Donator 11

Some anecdotal impressions from a few matches.

Guard Rifle Combined Arms Tactics was pretty full-on to fight against. I definitely expect people to use it in future. I only played against them once, but man KV-1s are scary. My Panther and JP4 just keep bouncing their shots, and I don't think that's even part of this patch.

Fascinating
9 Dec 2017, 06:31 AM

Fascinating

I thought you were being randomly sarcastic at first, but based on your last 2 posts you seem to be genuinely interested in KV-1 performance. I reworded what I wrote because it was a bit ambiguous, but yeah, KV-1s seem like a potent unit now if that's what you were looking into.
9 Dec 2017, 06:48 AM

Guess this it is huh gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing DBP with you gent tonight

9 Dec 2017, 08:04 AM

Hey everyone can Find 2.0 note patch ?
9 Dec 2017, 08:12 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Changelog for 2.0 since it was not posted

General changes

Airplane loiters

-Standardized loiter duration (60 secs) and radius (50)

Soviets

ML-20

-Near AoE damage reduced from 1 to 0.9

KV1

-hitpoints reverted from 960 to 800
-Now has a received damage modifier of 0.8

Wehrmacht

G43 upgrade (Stormtroopers only)

-Stormtrooper G43 upgrade reverted to 2xG43’s (does not affect Panzergrenadiers)

OKW

Squad XP Value
To normalise the XP value for OKW squads (i.e,. How much XP enemy units gain from attacking OKW squads), the OKW units that have had their performance adjusted no longer award additional veterancy when transitioning from Veterancy 4 to Veterancy 5.

Luchs

-Build time increased from 40 seconds to 85 seconds

Command Panther

-Now requires 12 CP

Bugfixes/QoL
-Fixed an issue where Command Panther/Pershing would award less experience than implied by their call-in costs
-Prevented players from using Artillery Officer victor target when no candidate units are on the field
-Fixed an issue where several squads would experience random delays when throwing their grenades (mostly affects SMG troops, e.g., panzergrenadiers). Credits go to Widerstreit for finding the fix
9 Dec 2017, 09:01 AM
Donator 11

I thought you were being randomly sarcastic at first, but based on your last 2 posts you seem to be genuinely interested in KV-1 performance. I reworded what I wrote because it was a bit ambiguous, but yeah, KV-1s seem like a potent unit now if that's what you were looking into.

I wasn't. I tried the KV 1 several times and I wasn't impressed. I guess rng plays a part. what does 'Now has a received damage modifier of 0.8'' mean?
9 Dec 2017, 09:02 AM
Donator 11

Changelog for 2.0 since it was not posted

What does 'Now has a received damage modifier of 0.8'' mean?
9 Dec 2017, 09:06 AM

I Think Normal Tank gun avenger AT 160
when hit KV-1 Dmg on (160)-(160*20%=128) =128

very buff for KV-1
before 2.0 pak need 6 shot to destory KV-1
but for now need 7 shot 128*7 896 dmg
and engineer have lower time to repair KV-1 back to combat
9 Dec 2017, 09:07 AM

Where is leig cost nerf or howizer price buff ? Guys
9 Dec 2017, 09:11 AM

It sounds better but still doesn't change the fact that KV1 has no purpose and it's most indistinct tank in game. To give it some purpose I'd add smoke ability or something else to support advancing infantry because it's still way worst than Churchill while being doctrinal and cost only 15F less.
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight