Login

russian armor

Fall Balance Preview

PAGES (17)down
18 Jul 2017, 08:10 AM

FlaK Emplacement changes did not make it into the final changes, fuck this patch.
18 Jul 2017, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 07:38 AMzarok47

Mortar autofire range was reduced, not it's barrage range(115).

On the other hand, spending 400 mp total will net you the old mortar pit+33% faster barrage (and the need to micro the barrage but what is that for the likes of top 100 players?)

I just wonder why anyone wouldn't spend 400 mp.

Too bad that most of the people that play the game aren't in the top 100 players.

But now I find absolutely no reason to pay standard mortar costs for something that's static.

The only thing which the pit had going for it was it's range, the double revaltively cheap cost for 2 mortars were negated by it's population cap and static nature while it's durability was thanks to it's fast earning vet, now with it gone what's the point?
18 Jul 2017, 08:38 AM
Patrion 14

Wow, a patch without any wtf changes.

Dive bomb, howitzer and ele / jt changes will save the team games. Also 1v1s will no longer be M4Cs vs Command Panther, what ever shall people build?

Cons are conscpicuously absent, they appear to actually be meant as AT-nade carriers and merge platforms. Just make them cost 210 and be done with it.
18 Jul 2017, 08:41 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Link to official forums: https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244194/fall-balance-preview-changelog

You are very fast :)

I wanted to post it here, when i wake up^^

To everyone:

Its focused on teamgames; So not trying to change 1vs1 at all. Also don't forget there is always a scope from Relic.

So be happy that we could change the game in some way :)

And I can Spoiler already: When this works and Relic still have intrest+ ress. there will be another patch coming out after the Fall.

--> COH2 IS NOT DEATH

18 Jul 2017, 08:58 AM

Props to Relic for addressing team games issues.

Btw, can smb tell my why Rak's and LeIG's rec. acc. was nerfed and why it was less that 1 in the first place?
18 Jul 2017, 08:59 AM

And I can Spoiler already: When this works and Relic still have intrest+ ress. there will be another patch coming out after the Fall.

--> COH2 IS NOT DEATH

I hope so =)
18 Jul 2017, 09:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The only thing I really want to see added is the change of the starting sturmpioneer to either volks or a unique (weaker) sturmpioneer, and maybe the starting infantry section to a royal engie. But, over all this is very good.
18 Jul 2017, 09:55 AM

ISG
• "Veterancy 1 range boost replaced by Hollow Charge Shot. This ability is an direct-fire targeted anti-vehicle attack that deals 120 damage and has 200 penetration. Costs 15 munitions."

This tracks moving targets, so it looks extremely rediculous as an artillery shell tracks a super-fast moving T-70 on a road. It also will be really frustrating for a tank to survive with one shot left and a tracking ISG shell random comes in and wipes it. This could be very abusable in 4v4 games, where arty spamming is normal, you get 4-5 ISG's and then you can wipe tanks.

I don't think it's possible to spam ISGs anymore:
- OKW no longer furnishes their weapon crews with stalinium armour; this means that ISGs/Raketenwerfers are actually vulnerable to small arms fire now
- ISG has a really tiny range
- The double-shot cheese that allowed you to fire two shots at the same time is gone
- The insanity of the wide fire-arc that allowed ISGs to track targets anywhere on their arc instantly (and allowed people to AFK while their ISG was in range) is gone
- FRP cheese is no longer available in the early game, to retreat the infantry blob at the first sign of trouble

At the same time, hollow charge has a long-ish aim time with a very obvious animation. If you run out of the arc while this is aiming, the attack will cancel. If the attack does succeed, then that's 120 damage.

At best, you're going to buy an ISG, use it for smoke, and the occasional barrage. You are only ever going to buy a second ISG if you lost your first one.
18 Jul 2017, 09:57 AM

The only thing I really want to see added is the change of the starting sturmpioneer to either volks or a unique (weaker) sturmpioneer, and maybe the starting infantry section to a royal engie. But, over all this is very good.

Imo, The Kubel nerf is probably enough. No more Kubel tanking damage so ridiculously will town down OKW early game over dominance.
18 Jul 2017, 09:59 AM

I don't think it's possible to spam ISGs anymore:
- OKW no longer furnishes their weapon crews with stalinium armour; this means that ISGs/Raketenwerfers are actually vulnerable to small arms fire now

R.W. where always vulnerable to small arms fire.
18 Jul 2017, 10:12 AM

So whats the deal with the walking stuka now?

Before its was very easy to dodge a strike, now since it has less precision, wont it be even easier to dodge?

The pinpoint accuracy from (vet 0) stuka on any range made it

1.) OP vs support guns since they usually were not able to dodge the barrage in time, even if you react immediately. (+ keep in mind that a Stuka can hit the field very, very early compared to other rocket artillery)
On top of that, the stuka rockets often instantly destroyed crewed guns, even if they were fully repaired (which seemed to be a bug since you can't destroy support guns while they are crewed, but only damage them to 99%)

and

2.) very inconsistent and weak vs mobile infantry, with one exception: So called "clusterf*ck" maps such as Trois Ponts or Semosky, which are like stuka-heaven

Let's see how this new scatter behavior affects these 2 issues.

I just hope that AoE hasn't been decreased too much. A direct rocket hit should still decrew a support gun and cause severe model drop to inf squads :D
18 Jul 2017, 10:34 AM

I don't know what is more enjoyable - to read through these changes or to see Vipper complaining.
18 Jul 2017, 10:49 AM

looooooooooooooooool okw got nerfed to shit. smith not happy not everyone wanted FRP's removed so instead he just made it practically unusable lol
18 Jul 2017, 10:50 AM

new ISG Hollow round after I play Revamp one time
I think use for defend when Tank harassment near Med HQ
addition Damage After volk Faust snare them
18 Jul 2017, 11:04 AM

Are the vet changes of OKW also in this patch? Or will these come later
18 Jul 2017, 11:20 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Are the vet changes of OKW also in this patch? Or will these come later

There is no plan / scope to complete rework okw vet system atm
18 Jul 2017, 11:33 AM

3 broken units/abiilities still need some work:
- OKW Flak emplacements. I forgot when was the last time I saw this.
- USF M10 TD is being used as an infantry crusher. Just remove this. It a TD, not a AI unit.
- UKF Magic "Brace" ability on Mortar and Bofors it is simply too good.
18 Jul 2017, 11:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 10:49 AMAlphrum
looooooooooooooooool okw got nerfed to shit. smith not happy not everyone wanted FRP's removed so instead he just made it practically unusable lol

Come and join us and I'll show you how "unusable" it is.
18 Jul 2017, 11:36 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 11:33 AMLeo251

- USF M10 TD is being used as an infantry crusher. Just remove this. It a TD, not a AI unit.

With this I would agree.
18 Jul 2017, 11:41 AM

I think Hollow Charge shot may be too good against light vehicles, reducing their late game useablilty even more.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS